Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Please try and put things that are Spoilers in white text I have already seen 2 pretty big ones and it saddens me people wont read my first post asking to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Please try and put things that are Spoilers in white text I have already seen 2 pretty big ones and it saddens me people wont read my first post asking to do so.
    my posts should be fine, if not i'll edit
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Code Geass left me wondering.

Mostly why people were still torn up over Shirley. She was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Mostly why people were still someone She was terrible.
    I didn't think she was that terrible, could been better tho.

let's see what laylie will say about it
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

So you are one of those people lol. Nah I didn't hate Shirley but I didn't love her. SpoilerI felt like she fell in love with the wrong person. I don't think she deserved to be killed at all because she was in love. I mean she managed to fall in love with him twice so that means something. I just don't understand the hate she is given. I also found that her life was very tragic and it gave a good backstory and meaning. I think her character was a good addition to Code Geass and without her it would not have been the same.

How did you know I would have such a strong opinion on Shirley Synaia? lol I guess I am a huge Code Geass fan...

Still waiting on R2 to get a complete collection box set.... I think 35 dollars per volumes is too pricey... Although I am debating dropping 500 dollars on those 3 figures..
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-27 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair point, but all of her roles were taken and done better by other characters. Take the three in that nice sig of yours - Euphie played the "tragic heroine" wonderfully, and her death was an absolute shock. Nunnally was the weakest character in the entire series, but she overcame a lot of that in the end and truly loved Lulu. Cornelia is just a total badass (admit it, you laughed when she threw that knife through V.V's face.)

Then there's Shirley. She was overshadowed by C.C and Kallen even at school.

Not a Shirley fan at all. Then again, most of the "useless" damsels irritate me in anime. I call it the "Orihime syndrome."

elfen lied, and a lot of others i find that their aren't a lot of anime out their that have endings that satisfy me

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are one of those people lol. Nah I didn't hate Shirley but I didn't love her. Spoilerfilter

How did you know I would have such a strong opinion on Shirley Synaia? lol I guess I am a huge Code Geass fan...

Still waiting on R2 to get a complete collection box set.... I think 35 dollars per volumes is too pricey... Although I am debating dropping 500 dollars on those 3 figures..
    sy's anime list, laylie =P been talking bout code geass characters ages ago thats why ^^
    and i got a adjusted microwave that let me go into the past and the future. real story.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Not a Shirley fan at all. Then again, most of the "useless" damsels irritate me in anime. I call it the "Orihime syndrome."
    I do hate Orihime a lot... But the fact is every good anime in my personal opinion has to have some form of relationship. I just think it is better for character development. Shirley was out classed by Kallen in the sense that Kallen was a badass soilder of the Black Knights. Shirley was the innocent civilian girl that had all the tragedies happen to her. I admit that she was a little annoying at certain points but I believe that her character was a huge part of the underlining story development. Without her I don't think the show would have been the same. I also agree with the statement you made about Euphemia, Nunnally, and Cornelia. Atleast you are not one of those people who bash on Shirley because she got in the way of Rolo/Lelouch's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    sy's anime list, laylie =P been talking bout code geass characters ages ago thats why ^^
    Damn I guess you know my personal tastes by now lol. Such a huge Code Geass fan. I don't care what your opinion on it is if you dislike Code Geass something is wrong with you lol.

Side note: Totally going to fail chemistry this semester....
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-27 at 07:41 PM.

Yeah i just had to make an account just to agree with you "Orihime syndrome" is the most appropriate name ever haha, although ~
    She might become less useless, but cant say just yet, either way will always be winy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    OVA aside, the episodes of HOTD are VERY close to the manga. That part on the bridge is the end of one chapter, It just carries on as normal. I recommend reading it, It's quite good.
    O god do not get me started on how disappointed I was with the OVA.... First off I watched the show in dubs because I was told they were much better than the subs. This I found to be true when having to watch the OVA in subs. Not only the VA was terrible but the plot was awful. SpoilerIt seriously felt like I was watching Borderline Hentai. While it was funny at points I have no understanding as to why they would have even mad an OVA like this. It brought no further character development no good shootouts absolutely nothing good came from this OVA and I wish I could forget all about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    OVA aside, the episodes of HOTD are VERY close to the manga. That part on the bridge is the end of one chapter, It just carries on as normal. I recommend reading it, It's quite good.
    can't stand reading manga online and buying it is not an option atm. seems i'll have to wait longer.

@ laylie yea, I don't know all of your personal tastes Could say the same of you about me tho, been so long in sy's anime list that we probably know what series we would like.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Have you ever watched an anime that just left you wondering so much? Recently I finished Death Note and I have been wonder What it would have been like if Kira had won. In a sense I was rooting for him and wanted him to win but in another I knew he was crazy and needed to be stopped. I can't decide if I loved or hated it.[/COLOR]

Another is Code Geass I truly wonder what would have happened if Nunnally had not survived and Lelouch had maintained his control over the Britannia. Again like the other it could have gone both ways I felt for him for his loss of his mother
    but I also felt that he was going a bit to far. I still think they could have done an R3 with him surviving and living a life with C.C in secrecy that only Nunnally and a few others new. I really wanted to see the exploits of the "NEW" Zero. [/COLOR]

Please dont use spoilers if you are going to spoil anything
    . I am really curious as to what other shows might have had this effect on you.

there fixed so this thread wasnt so confusing to people who havent seen the shows some mod tried ruining the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    O god do not get me started on how disappointed I was with the OVA.... First off I watched the show in dubs because I was told they were much better than the subs. This I found to be true when having to watch the OVA in subs. Not only the VA was terrible but the plot was awful. Spoiler
    aside from just beeing the usual fan service OVA, i'm rather intrested about the "To be continued" at the last 10seconds of the episode.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

can't stand reading manga online and buying it is not an option atm. seems i'll have to wait longer.

@ laylie yea, I don't know all of your personal tastes Could say the same of you about me tho, been so long in sy's anime list that we probably know what series we would like.
    Yea lol. Also maybe I should have named the thread rants about endings that made you go wtf since all I have done is vent frustration in my own thread lol. I do find it funny that I just got done talking with someone about Shirley on MAL this morning. They were very very very in love with Rolo and hated her for getting in the way. I stayed calm though and didn't pull out the im right your wrong card... But man did I want to...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finnalblow View Post
    there fixed so this thread wasnt so confusing to people who havent seen the shows some mod tried ruining the thread
    i don't understand, why would you show the spoiler on laylies quote? the point of spoilers is that people read it on their own will so other people can't be blamed for posting something that spoils something. You should just remove the stuff between the color brackets that indicate that was a spoiler. instead of removing [color) and showing the spoiler.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-09-27 at 08:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

i don't understand, why would you show the spoiler on laylies quote? the point of spoilers is that people read it on their own will so other people cna't be blamed for posting something that spoils something.
    This^
    FinnalBlow I am going to have to ask you to delete that comment since it shows 2 major spoilers to two shows. I don't understand what you fixed and what mod ruined the thread if you are talking about Zaelsino than what me and him discussed is fine. I don't mind my threads getting a little off topic as long as they continue to pertain to Anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    This^
    FinnalBlow I am going to have to ask you to delete that comment since it shows 2 major spoilers to two shows. I don't understand what you fixed and what mod ruined the thread if you are talking about Zaelsino than what me and him discussed is fine. I don't mind my threads getting a little off topic as long as they continue to pertain to Anime.
    I would call it a discussion about the thinkings of the way of an anime ending involving said characters who everyone has his/her own opinion on.
    Don't mind the sentence build, I just typed what came up into my head.

also bit late but, study more for chemistry.

also just realized, Aki sora has an open ending and i wanna know how it continues it's an anime about incest and hentai stuff tho. rated +18 for something. but the characters were pretty nice.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

I would call it a discussion about the thinkings of the way of an anime ending involving said characters who everyone has his/her own opinion on.
    Don't mind the sentence build, I just typed what came up into my head.

also bit late but, study more for chemistry.

also just realized, Aki sora has an open ending and i wanna know how it continues it's an anime about incest and hentai stuff tho. rated +18 for something. but the characters were pretty nice.
    I would study if I knew what to study for and honestly I don't know if I will be attending college next semester it really is not the life for me....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Soul Eater: I was left wondering wtf just happened.
    ****Spoiler**** She wins the final confrontation by using "courage"
    Well they kinda had to do whatever it took to end the story since the show had gotten ahead of the manga and they didn't want to create a crap ton of filler (I'm looking at you Naruto) to bridge the gap. The manga isn't over yet, makes more sense, and appears to be on track to finish soon.