Poll: Monitor size

Thread: Monitor Size

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intensive View Post
    40 and 32 inch....everyone knows that bigger is better...
    Well.. That really depends on what you mean.. Heh..

I prefer 22-24. Never owned one tho! xD

i am using budget FullHD 27" LG M2762D and it's really nice and cheap solution for gaming. It has wide variety of ports so i can hook up my ps2 (scart), ps3 and wii (component), xbox360(hdmi) and PC (DVI) simultaneously without a need to shuffle cables. Color and angles are pretty decent for a TN panel (although i've seen better colors). For a 300 bucks it was a solid purchase. Oh, it also supports TV, though i never watch that crap.

Anything less than 32", you may as well be playing on your phone.

I have a Dell 24" (1920x1200) as my main and some 19" Sony as my secondary. I've thought about going larger on my primary, but I don't want to pay for the video hardware to run games just as smoothly at 2560x1600, so I haven't bothered. My viewing distance is pretty short, too, so going too much larger would start to put things into my peripheral vision.

Besides, a monitor is a monitor. If I wanted something to fill up half a wall, I'd just connect to the plasma TV.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

i have a 24 inch main screen and a 17 inch second screen, the 17 inch was 40 bucks at a garage sale( im pretty happy with it)
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    i am using budget FullHD 27" LG M2762D and it's really nice and cheap solution for gaming. It has wide variety of ports so i can hook up my ps2 (scart), ps3 and wii (component), xbox360(hdmi) and PC (DVI) simultaneously without a need to shuffle cables. Color and angles are pretty decent for a TN panel (although i've seen better colors). For a 300 bucks it was a solid purchase. Oh, it also supports TV, though i never watch that crap.

...what on earth are those two ports to the right of the composite jacks...
    red panda red panda red panda!

I used to have 2X 32" and ran wow on 1 of them. There was a lot of head movement and I would catch myself tunnel visioning. I dropped down to 2X 24" 3d monitors for the 120Hz after trying 2X 27". The 24" setup is deff my sweet spot when it comes to raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses007 View Post
    Anything less than 32", you may as well be playing on your phone.
    It's not advised to watch things on screens that big from a close distance. Also since most 32'' screens are TV, they're limited to 1080p resolution, so they pixels are bigger than on a 24''.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I think you mean SCART? They're used to connect DVD players, VHS (I think) and older consoles.

Deleted
    SCART Contacts
    Standard SD connectors in Europe.

they are RGB-SCART's it's an european standart, same as component in terms of picture quality, but it doesn't support HD.
    On the other hand, SCART connector can be used to deliver composite, s-video and component signal, as long as both devices accept it.
    Last edited by anb; 2011-09-30 at 11:17 AM. Reason: corrected info