iMac, Lion and WoW downloader:

Hi guys,

Tried to get a solution first at:

Apple ran full diagnosis we found out that the only problem that may be freezing my computer may be wow downloader, and i would like to know if there is any known issue around the new mac os lion and wow updater/patcher/downloader. Permissions and HD is ok and so is everything else hardware wise.

What happen:

I leave my machine downloading it, with everything but the downloader closed during all night long, by the morning, I get a froze dock bar and downloader, both inaccessible that i cannot even turn off the computer itself due the fact that i cannot force the downloader to shut down, then I have to cut off the power to be able to reset.

It just doesn't happen instantly, it sure download for a bit (1-3 hours), just not sure about what happen or what is the click to starts all the freezing event. All i know is that by the morning I have a frozen Brand new iMac and no one may tell me whys that.

It is also configured to just turn of its monitor to save energy, it doesn't sleep or stop its hard drives while downloading.

The computer:

Brand new 1 week used

iMac (mid 2011) 2,5 Ghz intel core i5
    500 gb hd
    4 gb ram
    Radeon 6750M

Never upgraded anything, and the OS Lion version is the latest released: 10.7.1

How i Installed the game?

Used a classic DVD installer that got me to 3.2 and then I been doing downloads between freezes and got it to available stats having 6 gb left to go. (nearly four nights of downloads for me if not freezing)

Conclusion?

I am kinda lost on what to do and I am looking for some enlightenment here.
    Your's

Avalor (Gabriel)

10+ Year Old Account
    using classic dvds is a waste of time you can install completely from the cata dvd or just start from scratch with the blizzard downloader.
    Far as the freezing goes might wanna talk to someone on the blizz tech forums for mac
    also if you have another mac with wow already loaded simply copy it over the network then run the launcher

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you asked on the WoW Tech forums?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Try using the new streaming client (download from battle.net) instead of patching over WLK discs. That will most likely work best and be also Blizzard tech support's first suggestion.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.