10+ Year Old Account

HD remake graphics

I'm curious about how exactly HD remake graphics work. Since there have been several HD remake releases lately I'm assuming some people on these forums will be able to answer my question. I was told by a friend that an idea occurred to him that HD remakes might have the same graphics as the original game and in order to play with the enhanced HD graphics you would have to be playing the game with HD cords (for example the HD remake of RE 4 for the xbox would require you to use the HD cords and play and 720p or something in order to experience the new graphics). So what I'm wondering is, is this true? For those that have gotten the new Resident Evil or the Ico and Shadow of Colossus remake, do you have to be playing in HD in order to experience the enhanced graphics? PS: sorry for no breaks in the paragraph, chrome is being stupid and not allowing me to use the enter key
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

To my knowledge the remakes are mostly just retextured and formated to be sexier, And to answer your question, no you dont have to have HD stuff. Obviously higher definition tvs and console connections are higher definition than just regular stuff, but not needed.