Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I ready for Firelands?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heralic/simple

Just tell me if I am ready to tank it? I did 3/7 ( them being Beth'tilac, Shannox and Lord Rhyolith ) with my DK tank main tanking and got Alysrazor down to about 40% maybe. I wasn't having any issues and the healer I was with wasn't well geared either and a Druid so I doubt I was. Just got tired of the flaming I got from a Holy Paladin for being too noob. I should be picking up the pants today and any missing enchants are just me forgetting. I'll try grind out any Chaos Orbs on my Warrior to get the BoE Sword then enchant with Windwalk.

Anything else I can do? I don't have the money to get the BoE neck or trinket and the trinket isn't that good either.

Fixed link
    Last edited by AutomaticBadger; 2011-09-27 at 06:45 AM.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    broken link?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not prepared!!!

Your link is broken =(
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    You surely are for most normal modes, only problem may be Ragnaros but by that time you will get much better gear. You may consider getting a BS made weapon or hope for Mangle of Beth'Tilac to drop (I've been waiting for it for 1.5 monts now and it hadn't dropped). Also if you are raiding 10 man consider doing Baleroc before Alysrazor, because it's rather easier and Alysrazor may be real pain if you don't time the final burn phase right.

Fixed the link.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah easily geared enough, since the nerfs.

Except for the fact that your socketing is random and wrong and you miss enchants, if you know the tactics you can get some kills, your gear is ok for the nerfed FL

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoon View Post
    You surely are for most normal modes, only problem may be Ragnaros but by that time you will get much better gear. You may consider getting a BS made weapon or hope for Mangle of Beth'Tilac to drop (I've been waiting for it for 1.5 monts now and it hadn't dropped). Also if you are raiding 10 man consider doing Baleroc before Alysrazor, because it's rather easier and Alysrazor may be real pain if you don't time the final burn phase right.
    I did her for the first time last night and it didn't drop and I raged. Our anus that was the last tank got it on the first kill and then left guild the week later. We just came back from a heitus and I was asked to drop my Warrior and gear out to become the MT in 4.3.

I'm pretty excited

Working link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ralic/advanced

I suggest you reforge your trinket Dodge->Mastery. Every yellow socket should be a Fractured gem (get rid of the Subtle ones). Do anything you can get get a new MH >_> and as you said, finish the missing enchants and you're good to go. Seen worse tanks go further and with the lolnerfs you'll steamroll through it, gl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl2ash View Post
    Except for the fact that your socketing is random and wrong and you miss enchants, if you know the tactics you can get some kills, your gear is ok for the nerfed FL
    Please explain how my socketing is random? I was following the gem guide and gemming for the colors that fitted the socket to get the bonuses. The Yellows are Mastery as I thought we got more avoidence per point and until the cap they were the best to go for.
    Last edited by AutomaticBadger; 2011-09-27 at 06:53 AM.

I think you are underestimating that trinket, it is expensive, but it is also one of the best trinkets for Blood DKs. This is because you should be using it in conjunction with VB, as they have the same CD and VB affects the heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl2ash View Post
    I don't think he has at all, stats wise its not bad his doge and parry are very equal. whilst going for hit and away from expertise, i think with the nerfed firelands you should be able to tank it and using CD's or if you've got an experinced healer.

all i would say is get tier from legs, replace belt with a tanking one if you can theres one in ZG from the first boss. also get the crafted tanking weapon or you're hoping beth to drop & all n all run BoT BWD and Tot4w for any tier or upgrades you can get. anything helps. oh and i would say as you have a doge trinket you can remove the 2 X40 doge and go with mastery.
    also if you dont really use alchemy that much replcase it once you get another trinket. or if you do go with that and get mining on another char and go JC or BS.

Also your reforges seem a little all over the place.
    Cant post my Character page yet so. If you look up Devout and im on the vek'nilash eu

This is my tank - I stopped tanking properly a few months back and changed to ele shaman. but theres somthing to look at for an idea of what to go by.
    & you might want to look at chaning your glyphs.
    Last edited by mmoc91e37703ae; 2011-09-27 at 07:07 AM. Reason: additional info

you dont want to just fit the color
    gem mastery in every socket with either parry/mastery pure mastery mastery/sta gems
    enchant mastery on every piece of gear possible
    75 stamina>20 stats on chest
    reforge trinket to mastery
    enchant cloak with 250 armor

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Please explain how my socketing is random? I was following the gem guide and gemming for the colors that fitted the socket to get the bonuses. The Yellows are Mastery as I thought we got more avoidence per point and until the cap they were the best to go for.
    Well seems that you know the basic rule of dodge=parry. BUT you should never equal them with Sockets. blue sockets are stam+mastery. Reds are parry+mastery and yellows are pure mastery. Simply cuz your mastery is a mitigation which doesn't suffer from Diminishing returns, means it's your top prio. Stamina is worthless except for some special fights if they need you to have some high HP(Nefarian could be one) but I don't think there's such fight in FL.
    So that means your dodge sockets are a mistake. Yellows should be pure mastery not 40 dodge.
    After you're done stacking mastery and adding dodge and parry to your stats in sockets(30 stamina in blue sockets since you're socketing 20 mastery 30 stam which is puissant dream emerald), you can start reforging. You should reforge to mastery on whichever piece that misses it. Reforge to parry or dodge(depending on the percentages) on gear that HAVE mastery. if the gear has both msatery and parry/dodge then reforge them out to eachother if needed in order to equilize them. Hit and expertise is not important yet cuz of the big aggro buff on 4.2.2 so You won't need it to maintain aggro, BUT you will need it MAYBE to kill Alysrazor hatchlings(not sure) but that can be fixed with a hit or expertise trinket instead of your tanking trinkets.
    So that's the way you should socket and if you consider what I said, your socketing seems random

Get your enchants fixed, not needed though :P But yeah, go raid FL already

Deleted
    Your character should be more than capable of doing Firelands Normals.

Enchant your gear correctly and see if you can get your hands on the tanking mace from Maloriak. Thats the only real improvements I can see needed.

Good luck in there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you're well enough geared for doing Firelands, however I would still pug BwD if I were you, to swap your Lifebound Alchemist Stone for Symbiotic Worm and grab the head tier token from Neffy as well.
    In case you haven't got it already, I'd also recommend grinding for Mirror of Broken Images as it is quite usefull on a lot of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholle View Post
    Yes you're well enough geared for doing Firelands, however I would still pug BwD if I were you, to swap your Lifebound Alchemist Stone for Symbiotic Worm and grab the head tier token from Neffy as well.
    In case you haven't got it already, I'd also recommend grinding for Mirror of Broken Images as it is quite usefull on a lot of fights.
    Errr, the alchemy trinket is superior to any of the T11 trinkets, excepet Mirror of Broken Images.

Use the enchants off my pally and reforge a little more out of parry since we get parry from strength.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...naric/advanced

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seen people in nearly full blues down raggy after the nerfs.
    Yes your gear is ready.
    For the answer on your question:
    It all depends on your preparation. Read tactics, bring food/pots, try to do your best.
    If you can, then you are ready!