Blizzard authenticator wont promt

I have a authenticator set up on my account and everytime i log onto battle.net or the wow forums it asks me to enter the code. But when i open WoW at home it asks for email and password and thats it. It goes straight to the character screen. Anyone know whats going on?

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

Deleted
    They changed the battle.net authenticator recently so that when you login on the same IP adress (on the game) it will only ask the code once per week.

This rule only applies for the game, not for the site or forums.

Interesting. How does that go along with safety and why did they do it?

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    Interesting. How does that go along with safety and why did they do it?
    It tracks the log in location, so it knows it's safe if it's the same spot often. That way, you don't have the extra step of your authenticator each time you log in from home, but if it logs in from anywhere else in the world, you'll be prompted to type it in. It's more convenient that way since your home computer is safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a nightmare if you travel though, I go between two locations each week. Every time I changed location it automatically locked my account and made me password reset to unlock it. Very frustrating :\

Its only while your IP remains constant aswell. Reset your modem/router/network or flush the IP and it will prompt again. Its basically as secure as previous, considering I doubt many people took their authenticators away from their private PC's at home while out for work/shopping etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    It's a nightmare if you travel though, I go between two locations each week. Every time I changed location it automatically locked my account and made me password reset to unlock it. Very frustrating :\
    That's bizarre, I don't have that problem. I live in one city and work in another, and have logged in at both locations. It asks me for my auth. number, and that's it. Haven't had to reset anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    I suppose you mean reset the authenticator code and ask for a new one, not reset the actual password?

Deleted
    Can I ask why do you come to MMO-champion to ask questions about your personal account security and not ask Blizzard's account security support team?

I like the change personally. I sometimes randomly DC. Before I would sprint to my room, turn on my ipod, wait 30 sec load the app , then wait for the code to show..>.<! Now I just retype my info and log right back in.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's bizarre, I don't have that problem. I live in one city and work in another, and have logged in at both locations. It asks me for my auth. number, and that's it. Haven't had to reset anything.
    Same basic thing here; I log on from three very different locations and aside from getting prompted for the authenticator once in a while, I have no issues.

What i'm now curious off is. Mobile auction house. If your cellphone log itself out and you have to re authenticate, will that lock your account up aswell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    What i'm now curious off is. Mobile auction house. If your cellphone log itself out and you have to re authenticate, will that lock your account up aswell?
    As far as I know the mobile auction house runs via eu or us.battle.net and has nothing to do with the game client thus not effecting the authenticator code/IP on the ingame login.

If you are logging in persistently from what is deemed to be the same location, then you will only be prompted for the authenticator code maybe once a week.
    Maybe it takes into account previous use, so from a new location might prompt that password reset but perhaps somewhere you had logged into from prior to the change would be deemed acceptable.
    Either way while if that location check proves accurate then it would be an improvement to the security due to inability to intercept the authenticator code most of the time, but that was by a significant number of users felt to be taking away the security that the authenticator offered.
    So blizzard will be offering an option, if they have not already to trigger the prompt every time.