Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Does anyone know if there's a seed that is just COMPLETELY empty and flat? would be a nice world for creativity.

Try the seed LOST. It spawns you in the middle of a very large ocean on an island chain with 2 trees on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ponyville made a very nice location with some amazing waterfalls, sugarcane, and nearby dungeon access to a HUGE dungeon system (post 1.8).

I'm going to have to try gimmeabreak though!

Seed: -6464574329946414181

It put me in a middle of the ocean with one slighltly bigger island that has one small tree. Great map for those that seek to build little fort in a middle of nowhere or try to build something out of nothing,

The seed "no tree" spawns in an area that has no trees and an NPC village near by. a forest biome isn't to far from it.

Deleted
    'zergling' spawns you in a small lake, a few blocks away is a decently large chasm with a lava fall and some copper ore etc.
    '666666evil' spawns you in the middle of the ocean. Quite far down until you hit the bottom. No Islands, no nothing.
    '666' spawns you near a NPC village, pretty big one.
    'thrall&jaina' is a nice one, a big island basically and a laarge flatland, with lakes etc. Its pretty cool.
    'imagine' a small island, one tree a few sugar canes and sand/clay.
    'metal' spawns you above a pretty deep cave. inside it you'll find some copper, lava and waterfall.
    'whengodgivesyoulemons' pretty cool desert/river system. lots and lots of sand.
    'creeper' Another one that spawns you close to a NPC camp.
    'IKEA' high mountains... nothing moar

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a seed that is just COMPLETELY empty and flat? would be a nice world for creativity.
    Google Minecraft Flatland

people have made countless flat grassy area maps to download.

"TiredTofu"

Spawns you in a tree near a very mountainous area with a number of floating islands and interesting overhangs, some of which are pretty decently sized.

There's also a marsh nearby with a open lava pit. If you dig straight down right by the lava pit, you'll hit a mine connected to a dungeon. The mine is *massive*, and it connects to a huge cave system and at least two ravines. I've still yet to finish exploring it, but that's not saying that much, since I just found it last night.

Mushroom thing is pretty neat :P reminds me of Zangarmarsh from WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Akool View Post
    The seed "Water" Spawns you on a small island with only one tree. Next to spawn is a massive cave system with Lava at the start. Its one of the more challenging and fun maps that ive played
    Tried this, AWESOME map, very dangerous. Had to be very resourceful to stay alive, but I also got SUPER lucky.

Spent the first day/night setting up a house from the one tree; used the saplings to immediately plant more. built a teeny tiny little hut, not even a door. XD First night, did my best to torch the island so no monsters would spawn; I managed to reduce it down to one spider. Killed the spider, looted 2 string. Swam around for a bit; found a couple small islands, no animal mobs for food. Started trying to collect seeds for farming; got a few, but probably wouldn't last the night. Battle with the spider got me down to 1 heart, and swimming got me down to 3 food left.

Remembered the two string I had, made a fishing pole, got me through. XD

Datass

Mountains and rivers, pretty cool. I spawned on the side of a mountain.

for those who wanted a flat map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-ugeLmEIM&NR=1 - i tried this one on 1.8.1 single player, and it works fine. totally eats memory though, so watch out for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromWolf View Post
    Tried this, AWESOME map, very dangerous. Had to be very resourceful to stay alive, but I also got SUPER lucky.

Spent the first day/night setting up a house from the one tree; used the saplings to immediately plant more. built a teeny tiny little hut, not even a door. XD First night, did my best to torch the island so no monsters would spawn; I managed to reduce it down to one spider. Killed the spider, looted 2 string. Swam around for a bit; found a couple small islands, no animal mobs for food. Started trying to collect seeds for farming; got a few, but probably wouldn't last the night. Battle with the spider got me down to 1 heart, and swimming got me down to 3 food left.

Remembered the two string I had, made a fishing pole, got me through. XD
    This makes me want to try it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    I cant remember what seed i used.. but I ended up on a small island with water all around it. I've completed a map and there is a totalt of maybe 3 or 4 small islands around where i started. Everything else is water..
    You're probably thinking of -8320668148713193150
    great seed. Small island with one tree, one sugar cane, and a huge cave system underneath it. Almost nothing but water around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    You're probably thinking of -8320668148713193150
    great seed. Small island with one tree, one sugar cane, and a huge cave system underneath it. Almost nothing but water around it.
    I gave in and tried this seed. It's quite fun

Seed: Can i spawn next to a village please?

It really works

EDIT: Forgot to metion, its for 1.9
    Last edited by babakman; 2011-10-03 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babakman View Post

It really works
    This didn't work for me. Tried it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by babakman View Post

It really works
    spawned next to some sheep, and that was it

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Had the worst seed ever back in 1.7. And it was "Energy"

Was just a sea (quite literally) of nothing..except a whole bunch of small islands spaced apart...and ocean. I literally searched for an hour and a half in every direction for a shoreline IN A BOAT, thinking this was some sort of bad joke, but oh no. Nothing. Not a single coastline of any sort. Just small island..after small island..after small island. If this is still the same seed in 1.8, it's worth checking out if you are some sort of sick masochist that is on a quest for a bad time, lol.
    As long as i remember, Minecraft seeds are 8 times the size of Earth. Keep traveling on a straight line, you will find landmass sooner or later
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

npcvillageworld

spawns you into a, you guessed it, npc village. with another village just about 2 mins southeast along the coast. it also has tons of water to the east and south.

edit: forgot that the 2nd village to the south has an abandoned mine about 40 blocks below the house beside the 'church.'
    Last edited by willowe; 2011-10-03 at 12:47 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog