Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Diablo 3 delayed to early 2012 good or bad?

I was very disappointed that I didnt get a beta invite and now they pushed the release date back again. Do you think it is a marketing move or simply game is not ready yet? Honestly I wont be surprised that they change it again.

Both probably.

They don't want to release the next WoW addon and Diablo 3 together, so they had to make a choice and seeing as how Diablo could use some more like they choose WoW first

Afaik, the opt-in beta only went out today for both regions(?) so you have only missed the first wave.
    You still have a shot at coming waves. Honestly, I don't mind that they're pushing back the release. It means a more finished game.

Game wasn't ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Both probably.

They don't want to release the next WoW addon and Diablo 3 together, so they had to make a choice and seeing as how Diablo could use some more like they choose WoW first
    Next WoW will be before Xmas no matter what. Likely prior to Thanksgiving imo. I would have to guess that D3 being pushed back is a culmination of failed optimism and some diverted manpower here and there. You know Blizz - they like to set goals and push them back rather than be like "Surprise, we got it ready ahead of time!!!"
    Last edited by kobelayton; 2011-09-27 at 07:22 AM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Both probably.

You mean the patch?

Nah, I think they'd rather have D3 out in time for Christmas if possible. Sometimes it just isn't possible (TBC was pushed back to January and missed the holiday window). There isn't always an underhanded marketing strategy at work.

I mean EVERY single Blizzard game since Warcraft 2 has been delayed.

(And Warcraft 2 was probably the worst balanced Blizzard game. Nerf Ogres and Bloodlust.)
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-09-27 at 07:35 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I think they wanted it to be released in good condition. Seems smart to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    You mean the patch?

Nah, I think they'd rather have D3 out in time for Christmas if possible. Sometimes it just isn't possible (TBC was pushed back to January and missed the holiday window). There isn't always an underhanded marketing strategy at work.

I mean EVERY single Blizzard game since Warcraft 2 has been delayed.
    I agree. If they pushed it it would just end in an unfinished game.

I'll be sad if they delayed D3 to add a single player mode or pause button.
    Last edited by anotherdeadhero; 2011-09-27 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    I was annoyed but kinda saw it coming, they made some serious changes before announcing the 2012 release and quite a lot of people on the beta were talking about serious issues with the demon hunter. Sadly I'm not in the beta so I couldn't see that with my own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    I was annoyed but kinda saw it coming, they made some serious changes before announcing the 2012 release and quite a lot of people on the beta were talking about serious issues with the demon hunter. Sadly I'm not in the beta so I couldn't see that with my own eyes.
    I've only seen streams but the demonhunter would get hatred starved easily. They are changing the system so you always have a skill to use.

While it means I get to play it later, I am still happy with this.
    Id rather wait 8 extra months for a good game I will enjoy, than get it instant and it being filled with bugs and other things ruining my gameplay experience.

Deleted
    If it's a marketing move, it's a bad decision in my opinion. But I genuinely believe that it's not; I think that for marketting it made the most sense for them to be competing with other games over the christmas period, and considering how long we've been waiting from D2 to D3 and the serious amount of hints they dropped about 2011, they're pushing it back because they feel they have to, not because they don't want to compete with SWTOR or any other game.

I'd rather wait for a finished game than buy a buggy one that everyone moans about though, and I believe the pushback IS for game changes, so I'm happy to be patient.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the difference between Activision - EA and between Blizzard - Bioware. If they switched games a few weeks ago, I'm sure EA/Bioware would launch D3 on the 20th of December and Blizzard would push SW:TOR to 2012.

Remains to be seen how the games will look. I do not see any big disadvantages to postponing a game for a few months (unless you're doing it the 5th time or something like that) so I don't see how it can hurt D3. I do see a lot of advantages (more testing, more feedback, more polish, etc).
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

If we get a better game out of it, then I'm in full support. Definitely do not want a half-assed rush job just to release in time for Christmas. So imo Blizzard have totally made the right call.

Have to wonder just how angry Bobby Kotick was when he got told the news of the delay. 'It won't be out for Christmas? No Christmas sales?! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!'

One can dream...

Annoying. Would rather have a slightly broken game and play it over the Christmas holiday then nothing at all. Guess it will have to be Star Wars then

I'm disappointed, but it's a Blizzard game, of course it'll take it's time, but continuing the legacy of Diablo is worth it. Diablo 2 is still addictive, epic, enjoyable game, and I expect nothing less from D3.

Deleted
    Good thing, they can polish the game some more and I can take another long break from a Blizzard game since WoW is basically dead to me and D3 won't be out for a long time. Don't let 'early' fool you

Deleted
    I hope it was for the best.
    If it was because the game wasn't ready to be released sooner, I really don't mind, let it come perfect.
    If it was for market reasons only, dam you Blizzard, dam YOU!!!!!

I think it's a good thing to extend the development time and release the game later. Don't release things that are not ready yet. Most gamedevelopers doesn't understand that. Mostly those games are bad and just a try to gain quick money. Blizzard understand they need to finish their work first before release and that's why Blizzard releases quality.