Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    I like the quick gameplay, but as said before, it really depends on the champs i meet there, I like the fair fights, those which end 20-0 or something like that, But then theres the Rammus, or the other Jax, Who just rapes on this map ..

  2. #42
    We all knew it wasn't going to be properly balanced at release.

    However, I hope they don't balance champions to improve the map. It may cause troubles with TT and SR.

  3. #43
    I both like and dislike Dominion. I like it because of its fast pace, constant action, relentless fighting over nodes and short game duration. I dislike it because of champion imbalance (bruisers > rest) and because after playing Dominion, SR feels soooooooooo slow.

    However i have to commend Riot on how quickly they made it. We first heard about it like 4 months ago and it's already out. Blizzard announces their expansions more than a year before release and keeps everyone in wait, but Riot doesnt fuck around, they're like "hey guys closed beta open *3 days later* hey guys dominion is live". This is the kind of service that i expect from a videogame company, even more so when the game is F2P. Riot if you're reading this, good job!

    Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

  4. #44
    Dreadlord hermansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mom's Basement, just like you.
    Posts
    861
    Well I like domion because of it's fast paced game, but I do think some champions are either useless or rediculously OP.

    Akali, Yi, Talon, Nocturne (or basicly any other melee assassin) and Rammus are so very strong, while most tanky champs are pretty useless imo.

  5. #45
    I think its kinda stupid that they bothered to make a new scoring system thats based on points instead of just pure kills, and then give you the most points for kills.
    Its impossible to get more than maybe 3rd or 2nd place as defender. 1st is always either the akali with 20 kills or the rammus with >10 captures. Had an awesome game once as gangplank with positive k/d, 14 assists and as much captures and defenses as anyone else and only got 3rd place. I wouldnt even complain, but I read somewhere that IP depend on how you placed during the game
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

  6. #46
    Playing as Soraka, using flash through turrets with spam heal + Starcall, generally outlive even 3v1 if they dont all target at once, and try to cap the turret one by one, the turret will always outlast with me there

    So cheesey but amazing
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

  7. #47
    It's more a offensive build gameplay, having supporters less impact in the overall game thanks to speedbuffs and healpacks everywhere in Dominion. Not to mention the increased mana regeneration and -10% heal recieved, which kind of makes chars like soraka, sona and taric obsolete in there, especially after the recent healing changes.

    But in overall, for a few matches, i am always in for fun as it looks it is taken far less seriously than the normal 5v5 in SR.

  8. #48
    Field Marshal Theelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Wales, UK.
    Posts
    66
    I like the fast paced pure combat approach, but it lacks real direction, after about 2 minutes of trying to play tactically it get's kinda messy and you end up running around a lot just killing and capping whatever you can.

    The quests give it some focus but they don't really fix the issue.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Santal View Post
    I've seen people use this to quickly get to the other side, put a ward up and have the entire team teleport over to you for a full-on surprise teamfight. It's won many games for me and my friends atleast.

    Melee carries really do seem to excell at this mode, which is why I don't play it too often.
    Except you can't take teleport in dominion. I doubt you've won any games with the strategy you mentioned, as it is undoable.
    Signature by Tacy :]

  10. #50
    Fluffy Kitten ForsakenFrodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,229
    The one thing I really like is that it doesn't take a lot of time. Sometimes if I have nothing to do for 20-30 minutes I can't use that time playing LoL classic, because when I'm in a hurry, the games always last 50-60 minutes. But now I have an alternative, even though it's not the same, it still has the same feel and is great to spend those 20 minutes you have before you need to go do something. I still feel it needs a lot of work champion wise, but that might be because we have to find out how to use all the champions in new ways. Time will tell
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

  11. #51
    It's a great addition, since it's fast paced, and yet tactical.
    Also some champions are better than others, sure, but that gives you the pleasure of experiencing more champions, amirite?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    I still feel it needs a lot of work champion wise, but that might be because we have to find out how to use all the champions in new ways. Time will tell
    Has far i have seen until now, champions with abilities that summon stationary defenses are quite powerful on Dominion.
    Characters like Heimerdinger with his turrents, Shaco with his Jack-in-the-box and Teemo with the shrooms can lock down an entire point all by their own, and are very hard to get pressed out of their position.

  13. #53
    Brand was hilarious to play with. Pillar and ult a group of 3 trying to cap a point is grand.

  14. #54
    the one thing i love about dominion is you are never out of the game

    ive had multiple games where
    1) my team was up by over 175 - we lost
    and
    2) my team was down by over 175 - we won

    i love how its never over till its over

    my best win came where we stopped them when we had 8 nexus health left, then brought them down from 150 to 0

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlacher View Post
    the one thing i love about dominion is you are never out of the game

    ive had multiple games where
    1) my team was up by over 175 - we lost
    and
    2) my team was down by over 175 - we won

    i love how its never over till its over

    my best win came where we stopped them when we had 8 nexus health left, then brought them down from 150 to 0
    Yeah I was up a game last night like 380 to 75. We ended up winning, but we were already down to 90 before the game was over, so we were really getting totally smashed by their "late game", we just managed to pull together a 3:2 for long enough to win.

    Also, I still have yet to think of a champion that doesn't fill SOME niche on Dominion, it's just a different game that will take getting used to. I feel like I'm already used to it, personally, maybe I'll write a guide to Dominion theory /kindofeyeroll
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #56
    The Patient Ratsion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    I think it's carried by melee champs :s
    This. Ashe is really weak in this game mode, and as maplhite, I can basicly get a pentakill if all 5 were against me. They need to change it!

  17. #57
    I won just fine as Ashe =/
    Just because you're not a hero killer doesn't mean you can't have plenty of use.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah I was up a game last night like 380 to 75. We ended up winning, but we were already down to 90 before the game was over, so we were really getting totally smashed by their "late game", we just managed to pull together a 3:2 for long enough to win.

    Also, I still have yet to think of a champion that doesn't fill SOME niche on Dominion, it's just a different game that will take getting used to. I feel like I'm already used to it, personally, maybe I'll write a guide to Dominion theory /kindofeyeroll
    ive been trying to find reasons for some champions to be doable and find their niche but its just not happening.
    for example, heimerdinger seems great at first look, just pop turrets up and qq people. but u are the squshiest person known to man and unless u run aroun like a headless chicken, you are dead in 2 hits.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlacher View Post
    ive been trying to find reasons for some champions to be doable and find their niche but its just not happening.
    for example, heimerdinger seems great at first look, just pop turrets up and qq people. but u are he squshiest person known to man and unless u run aroun like a headless chicken, you are dead in 2 hits.
    Play as a laner, keep turrets to hold one of your nodes while pushing the adjacent enemy node, and just stick to that the whole game. With the range on his two focus nukes and the turrets he can just drop and run to interrupt people, it should be hard to push him. The towers still hurt like hell, I doubt you can chase him through one with his ult up.

    Rather than build as an AP carry and die in two hits, build as a tank so that people can't get you away from a capture point. Soul Shroud/Aegis/Zhonya's/Scepter/etc
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Play as a laner, keep turrets to hold one of your nodes while pushing the adjacent enemy node, and just stick to that the whole game. With the range on his two focus nukes and the turrets he can just drop and run to interrupt people, it should be hard to push him. The towers still hurt like hell, I doubt you can chase him through one with his ult up.

    Rather than build as an AP carry and die in two hits, build as a tank so that people can't get you away from a capture point. Soul Shroud/Aegis/Zhonya's/Scepter/etc
    ive done that and been moderately succesful, the other problem is heimerdinger is slow as can be even with 3 speed boots, then u go get jax and its gg. sometimes i would drop the turrets in the bush pop ult and have him chase me down past those bushes, thats been sorta fun. but i dont think heimerdinger is worth it in the longer run, sure u can interrupt, and either u stay to die or run away and they cap anyway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •