Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I think Diablo is the one who will have the least problem of comming back "alive" because he was killed in his own realm (Burning Hells / Chaos Sanctuary). The thing with the soulstones is a bit complicated...when the Horadrim where tasked to imprison the Prime Evils by Tyrael, the soulstones were indeed prisons for them. But Izual told the Prime Evils how to corrupt the stones to be used as a source of power. Mephistos soulstone is destroyed by the player. Diablo soulstone is destroyed in the ending cinematic.
    The thing with Baal is more complicated...his soulstone was broken from the beginning(that's why Tal Rasha kept Baal inside himself) and Baal used Tal Rasha as body after the events with Marius in the cinematic. This made him stronger because he had the abilities of the mage Tal Rasha (Baal is actually the weakest of the 3 primes). Baal also gained more power by corrupting the Worldstone. This is why the Worldstone had to be destroyed by tyrael...

    Diablo will for sure be there because it is his game...an he is the strongest of the 3 prime evils and killed "at home".
    Baal has also nothing much to do in the history of d3 so i don't think we will see him again and beeing the weakest and killed in santuary is also not helping him.
    Mephisto could have another role in d3 because he has alot to do with past events in sanctuary etc
    I also think that Belial and Asmodan will have some role in the game.
    And there has to be some Angels...there are alot that are not happy that sanctuary exists...
    Last edited by Adale; 2011-09-27 at 02:57 PM.

  2. #22
    my bet is it ain't diablo but his son, diablo junior.

    anyway, whatever it is, i don't expect it to be particularly clever.

  3. #23
    My lore might be a bit rusty and some of it may have been retconned with the books etc but.... The Prime Evils got kicked out of hell by the Lesser Evils and set about stalking Sanctuary. A group of Magi known as the Horadrim led by Tal'rasha are given the Soulstones by Tyrael to imprisson the Prime Evils and end their rampage on Sanctuary. Diablo and Mephy are captured in their Soulstones relatively np however during the fight to imprisson Baal his Soulstone gets shattered, when Baal is defeated Tal'rasha uses parts of Baals shattered Soulstone and imprissons Baal within himself, he then commands the Horadrim to seal him away to fight the demon untill the end of time. Diablo and Mephisto's Soulstones are taken to the Zakarum faith to be kept safe, Diablo's Soulstone winds up in the Cathedral at Tristram and corrupts the Arch Bishop Lazzarus who eventually sets the events of the first game into action. Mephisto's Soulstone is placed beneath the Temple of Light in Kurast where it's influence corrupts the priesthood of Zakarum, they eventually shatter the Soulstone and drive it's shards into their bodies whilst the high priest takes the largest shard to become Mephisto's host.

    So all 3 Primes have taken hosts on Sanctuary and in game we are meant to have destroyed both Mephisto and Diablo's Soulstones and sent them to the Black Abyss where presumably they can't escape. What happens to Baal's Soulstone I don't know, I assume it meets the same fate as the other two. I'm sure whatever plot device Blizzard use to bring them back will be thin, but it's not a Diablo game without at least 1 of them. At the end of the day they are the Prime Evils, from what I understand the Worldstone is a core part of Sanctuary, it was created along with it. Perhaps now that the Prime Evils have corrupted the Wolrd Stone it's impossible for them to be banished to the Black Abyss as they are part of Sanctuary now, even with the World Stones destruction, it all came too late and now they wait to find new vessels or perhaps now can just incarnate themselves on Sanctuary without the need for a host.

  4. #24
    Diablo's Daughter?
    I think a lot of this will be the lesser Evils, who by the way need a new name. But yeah I think it will all come down to Caine's niece. Female Diablo! :P

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by s7wede View Post
    Just like God must exist in this game, so must the 3 prime evils.
    Excuse me?
    Last edited by Raht; 2011-09-27 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi
    Painting a dick on someone's head is not child pornography.

  6. #26
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    188
    *Spoiler*

    It was datamined that Diablo is back on as Act IV boss...

    *Greater Spoiler*

    and more... all indicate that will be through Leah's Body, so yes... female Diablo

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Raht View Post
    Excuse me?
    Tyreal is an angel, ergo he fights on the side of Light / God. There is nothing in the lore to counter this argument. The Archangels of the Angiris Council are the counter to the 3 Prime Evils and we can assume that the Devil / God are in charge but do not influencing the actions of their creations.

  8. #28
    Diablo has to return, he is the prime evil the game is named after. We all know that the prime evils can revive, cause we farmed them for phat lewts. The simple fact is, the prime evils had a plan that started before D1. We know from D2 that the Horadrim was fighting itself and that archangel Tyrael was acting alone against the wishes of the other angels. Tal'rasha was corrupted or could have sided with the prime evils as Izual did.

    The main thing is, the Prime Evils are very intelligent, corrupting, gained secret knowledge from Izual, and lead maris to free Baal, they knew he would fail to destory the soulstone which allowed Baal to corrupt the world stone. While Baal prepared to attack the world stone, Mephistos and Diablo served as road blocks to slow the hero and buy time for their long running plans to be completed by Archangel Tyrael.. yes they had to know Tyrael would destory it after it was corrupted because Tyrael is a fool. seriously, he left maris with the task to go to the hellforge and destory the soulstone, a crazy cowardly man with the fate of the world in his hands. And after Baal is killed by the hero, D3 lore states that new heroes arise and the old ones from D2 go insane.

    D1 the hero is corrupted and killed, D2 the heroes go insane, the Prime Evils are winning. Their plans completed, now whatever limits the worldstone had on the demonrealm is gone, so they'll be back. My guess is, the Prime Evils main goal now is to attack heaven and farm angel bosses for phat lewts.

  9. #29
    The ones you killed were their 'avatars.' or the less powerful form they had to take when they entered Sanctuary. Destroying the World Stone allows Diablo to enter the realm in his true form.

  10. #30
    Diablo is confirmed to be returning as the final boss by Jay Wilson:

    Jay Wilson: Yeah. Diablo 3 is an action role-playing game where you play the role of one of five heroes trying to save the world of humanity, we call it Sanctuary, from hideous demon invaders and ultimately Diablo.


    Quote Originally Posted by s7wede View Post
    Tyreal is an angel, ergo he fights on the side of Light / God. There is nothing in the lore to counter this argument. The Archangels of the Angiris Council are the counter to the 3 Prime Evils and we can assume that the Devil / God are in charge but do not influencing the actions of their creations.
    There's no of God or Devil in Diablo universe, it's commonly accepted in the lore. Angels are not the "good guys", Tyreal is the only one who care about humans and he initially despised humans. Angiris Council initially wanted to destroy Sanctuary to prevent Hell from tipping the balance in its favor.

    There are, however, powerful entities that Angiris Council or Burning Hells do not know about, such as Trag'Oul, and there are more powerful entities like Trag'Oul. There are also mentions of higher worlds than Heaven and Hell.

    In Diablo 2, players DEFEATED Diablo and shattered his soulstone. You cannot kill the prime evils, they simply return to the Black Abyss, not the void (void is a different dimension that's explored somewhat in the Sin War trilogy)

    For more lore discussions, http://www.diablofans.com/topic/5380...e-no-theories/ has alot of facts

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by s7wede View Post
    Tyreal is an angel, ergo he fights on the side of Light / God. There is nothing in the lore to counter this argument. The Archangels of the Angiris Council are the counter to the 3 Prime Evils and we can assume that the Devil / God are in charge but do not influencing the actions of their creations.
    There is no God and there is no Devil in this game. Yea, it's the spanish word for Devil, it's called Heaven and Hell and yea it _obviously_ is based on all that. BUT, there is no single deity. The Prime Evils (Diablo, Mephisto, Baal) are just that and same goes for the other side. They're armies waging an endless war and two of them (a demon and an angel, together) have created the world of Sanctuary. Not to be worshipped though. Men (or Nephelim) are actually more powerful than any of the demons or angels, because they are bred from both.

    The story of this game is extremely twisted and screwed up. While that kindof resembles your run of the mill religion ..it's far from being religious.


    Oh and ..what zaoly above said.

    The "Angels" are in fact more likely to wipe Sanctuary out than the Legions of Hell because they see the whole thing as one big ass impurity that needs to be cleansed. They're nowhere near being "good".
    Fyrn Galore, General a.D.
    President of Aesyr®. The only true Heavy Metal Guild there is.

  12. #32
    Two words mate. Prove it. The lack of proof does not equate to the proof of no single good deity / evil deity. With all the similarities to canonical Christianity, is it such a stretch that a God does exist in the game. I'm an atheist and I'm OK with this, because it's a damn good story and I'm all for a good fairy tail.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,829
    i think its the same with the great evils as with the elemental lords in wow. you can only really kill them in their own home, but even then simply "killing" them wont do the job either.

    and besides, there had to be a way for those first soulstones to be created right? so i guess its possible to forge new soulstones the same way they did it the first time, or am i wrong here?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    and besides, there had to be a way for those first soulstones to be created right? so i guess its possible to forge new soulstones the same way they did it the first time, or am i wrong here?
    It is believed that the original soulstones were created from the worldstone, so no they prob cant make more since its destruction

  15. #35
    Two words mate. Prove it. The lack of proof does not equate to the proof of no single good deity / evil deity.
    =/ You know no one can prove or disprove something like that, it's the same argument as with religion... until Blizzard actually comes out and claims one way or another, which they won't do. But the only similarity between Diablo universe and Christianity is only names, the biggest difference is that Angels and Demons created Sanctuary and humans, not God.

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans kailtas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    It is believed that the original soulstones were created from the worldstone, so no they prob cant make more since its destruction
    Or they got loads of them? since, you know. The worldstone was shattered in a 1000 pieces?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

    - Prince Malchezaar

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Or they got loads of them? since, you know. The worldstone was shattered in a 1000 pieces?
    But they are corrupted by Baal.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by s7wede View Post
    Two words mate. Prove it. The lack of proof does not equate to the proof of no single good deity / evil deity. With all the similarities to canonical Christianity, is it such a stretch that a God does exist in the game. I'm an atheist and I'm OK with this, because it's a damn good story and I'm all for a good fairy tail.
    Read up on the lore - there is no reference to a single omnipotent deity and the christian concept of good and evil doesn't apply either. Sure, if they feel like it, they will come up with one and might also clearly depict angels as good and demons as bad - but, until then, this is how the story goes. Period.

    And since you're an atheist, you sure as shit don't want to drag an actual discussion about religion in here.

    This game isn't a fairy tale either, luckily. When I first read up on Diablo lore it was because I was so disenchanted by the idea of a game based on religion. Then I figured out that the story is way more fucked up than the Bible itself and am happy ever since

    Also - the namesakes aren't coincidence either. WoW, for example, borrowed a vast amount of lore from norse mythology. There are literal references to the Aesir and Vanir, the Titans (Giants) and many other. It just makes for the best basis of over-the-top storytelling like this.. and while I'm an atheist too, I love the Bible. It's has some of the best storylines ever told.

    (Also what zaoly said. Again.)
    Fyrn Galore, General a.D.
    President of Aesyr®. The only true Heavy Metal Guild there is.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by s7wede View Post
    Two words mate. Prove it. The lack of proof does not equate to the proof of no single good deity / evil deity. With all the similarities to canonical Christianity, is it such a stretch that a God does exist in the game. I'm an atheist and I'm OK with this, because it's a damn good story and I'm all for a good fairy tail.
    I love that statement. "Lack of proof does not prove, proof of absence". It's a scientific statement that proves neither side. Just as easy as you say that for your side of the argument, someone could say the same for the reverse argument. Honestly it could go either way. Though; whether there be a god in the Diablo universe or not, I can see the Angels becoming humanities next big problem.

  20. #40
    there is some speculation about that topic

    i dont want to spoil but it has sth to do with leah, cain's niece or however they are related

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •