Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So what is Diablo back or what

iam not that good with diablo war but my friend who is huge fan of diablo told me that you ultimatly kill him in diablo 2 so how is he back in diablo 3

We do in fact kill him in D2, and I'm pretty sure we destroyed his soulstone too.... Can't remember exactly. But the shattering of the World Stone at the end of LoD has likely allowed him to return anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    We do in fact kill him in D2, and I'm pretty sure we destroyed his soulstone too.... Can't remember exactly. But the shattering of the World Stone at the end of LoD has likely allowed him to return anyway.
    No you don't.
    You destroyed Mephisto soulstone in act 4 though, and you destroyed the world stone in act 5. So I gues one of the heroes in D2 smashed the stone from diablo into there forehead. Just like Diablo 1..

Diablo's soulstone was destroyed as well, they made this clear in the ending cinematic. Baal was all that was left, and Marius failed to deliver the soulstone to the Hellforge, so the Diablo II expansion was able to happen. Well, we killed Baal, too, in the end. His soulstone is the only one remotely questionable, but I'd dare say we won't see him again either.

So is there going to be a whole new villain or is Blizzard returning Diablo as the main antogonist ?

I suppose, if Diablo wasnt the main villain, then it would probably be called something like "Diablo 3 - Rise of Mephisto" (I know he is dead, im just giving an example of someone other than Diablo as the villain).

you know what i mean.

Guess we will fight his evil twin Brother Olbaid. jk

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe in diablo 3 we will be fighting a bunch of lesser evils that are attempting to bring hell onto the planet as deckard cain keeps going on about end of the world coming if we can't decipher the prophecy. There is likely another way for diablo to enter into the world if cain is that worried. If I'm not mistaken in diablo 2 we didn't actually defeat diablo physical form but he was just possessing someone.

We are talking about Blizzard, returning people to life have never been a problem for them! (Just look at kael'thas?)

15+ Year Old Account
    SPOILER WARNING :

The story line of the game takes place twenty years after a few powerful heroes saved Sanctuary from the demonic onslaught in Diablo II. Those events took place out of the sight of the common populace, and have become myth or legend over the intervening years. Most of the principles are dead or insane, and no one has had any sight of the Archangel Tyrael since he destroyed the Worldstone, triggering an explosion that erased Mount Arreat and shattered the Barbarians' civilization.

Since the destruction of the Worldstone, those few humans (such as Deckard Cain) who did know of the danger to the world have been expecting an imminent demonic invasion, without the Worldstone to keep them in the Burning Hells. This has not happened because, and players will eventually learn, the two remaining lords of Hell (presumably Belial and Asmodean) have been building armies for a full-on invasion, intended to utterly destroy humanity.

Players will see small-scale demonic events, as in previous games, but the developers have promised that the scale of some aspects of the game, such as the siege on Bastion's Keep, will be amazingly large; far bigger than anything ever previously seen in the series.

source : http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_3_Basics

still don't know how Diablo will return in D3. maybe the destruction of Worldstone has brought him back? :P

Deleted
    Corect me if i am wrong but i thought the soulstones where made to mind them (imprison them ?) so when we destroyed those soul stones we released them from their prisons?
    Granted we destroyed their bodys but that does not real say much when you are talking about the Lords of Hell.
    And from when i know those 3 let themselfs be imprisoned so they would be able to corrupt the world stone and free up room for hell to invade sanctuary.
    So i see the possibility of at least the 2 comming back of whom we destroyed the soulstones. Of Baal i don't remeber much but there is alot of room for new story there aswell i think.

I don't see how Diablo would come back, but I guess it's almost inevitable.

I believe Diablo cannot come back to Sanctuary, but I don't think there is anything stopping us from going to hell to finish him off.

You cannot kill a demon. You can send it to the void and hope that it doesn't come back for a very long time or you can imprison them in powerful soulstones and bind them to mortal hosts who are then locked away for eternity (think Tal Rasha). Just like God must exist in this game, so must the 3 prime evils. The Worldstone was a barrier that stopped the armies of heaven and hell from entering Sanctuary, but now that it has been destroyed, both armies can lay siege to it.

The Diablo you killed in the first game was King Leoric's son Prince Albrecht and the Diablo you kill in the second game was the hero from the first. You have never killed Diablo, only the shell he took. This incarnation is probably his true form.
    Last edited by s7wede; 2011-09-27 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    We are talking about Blizzard, returning people to life have never been a problem for them! (Just look at kael'thas?)
    when exactly did we kill kael'thas? o.O
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    when exactly did we kill kael'thas? o.O
    We killed him in TK and that instance in SW (can't remember the name).

Kael'Thas was never killed if i remember correctly, just sent back the "void" of some sort.

Merely a setback ?

This thread is getting derailed though, back ontopic !

Deleted
    Diablo is comming back. I dont know how, but i can feel it :P

You should read up on the lore behind Diablo 3 a little - it's not earth you're playing on and it's not "the devil" - Diablo is one of the Prime Evils from The Burning Hells.

Blizzard confirmed (for example by building a Statue that shows him being defeated by a D3 Barbarian) that Diablo will in fact be back.

What we killed in Sanctuary and trapped in the Soulstone was his manifestation in that world to which he was banished. So now, with the Falling Star, Leoric was able to rise yet again and Diablo apparently found a way to enter Sanctuary in his true form.

Same goes for Mephisto - destroying their soulstones simply banished them from the world of Sanctuary. They still "live" in the Burning Hells.

Baal on the other hand is pretty much gone as far as I remember ..didn't we enter The Burning Hells to defeat him there? Should read up on it myself.
    Fyrn Galore, General a.D.
    President of Aesyr®. The only true Heavy Metal Guild there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Kael'Thas was never killed if i remember correctly, just sent back the "void" of some sort.

Merely a setback ?

This thread is getting derailed though, back ontopic !
    Kael'thas was NEVER killed. Anyone who has defeated the 25-man encounter and turned in the quest item can testify to this. He's just a very good actor like every Blood Elf is.

On-topic: While I haven't set myself much into this: that World Stone keeping the demons in Hell being destroyed could probably open for the Lords of Hell to return, I'd imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitius View Post
    Guess we will fight his evil twin Brother Olbaid. jk
    I lol'd. Sounds legit