Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    That looks quite good :-o My concern with things like that is the longevity of the mod, what I mean is how long it would stay in development because I would hate to become reliant on it heh. But it looks like that guy has his shit down and has a decent following
    I wouldn't be surprised to see extended redstone circut coverage in the future patches. It's a huge part of what people love about the game for a lot of people.

    For me, you could trash all the 1.8/1.9 changes and integrate single block gates and enhanced redstone wiring and I would call it a win.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see extended redstone circut coverage in the future patches. It's a huge part of what people love about the game for a lot of people.

    For me, you could trash all the 1.8/1.9 changes and integrate single block gates and enhanced redstone wiring and I would call it a win.
    All i really want in the redstone is the ability to have 2 different wires able to occupy the same block. This would save Soooo much space in one of my earlier builds
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

  3. #23
    All I want is for redstone to be able to be applied to the side of a block so we don't have to stairstep to get it to go vertical any more.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    All I want is for redstone to be able to be applied to the side of a block so we don't have to stairstep to get it to go vertical any more.
    This would be something that would be totally awesome to have without having to mod the client/server.

  5. #25
    Check that mod I linked earlier guys, It has both bundled cable (3 in 1) and wall/roof wiring.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sennzlol View Post


    All I've learnt to do with redstone is simple doors that I can lock (. Trying to sort out some sort of elevator atm.
    that video is crazy o.O

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    All I want is for redstone to be able to be applied to the side of a block so we don't have to stairstep to get it to go vertical any more.
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Re...l_transmission should help you out
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

  8. #28
    i want build something awesome with redstone, but i simple dont have the patience to do so

  9. #29
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,257
    For people looking into doing a Redstone project I suggest looking into getting Red Power.

    It allows you to create one block logic circuits, bundled wires, wires that don't link up when running parallel. All kinds of good stuff.

    Here's an image from their page:
    http://oi54.tinypic.com/30igokg.jpg

    Download links:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...redstone-pipe/

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see extended redstone circut coverage in the future patches. It's a huge part of what people love about the game for a lot of people.

    For me, you could trash all the 1.8/1.9 changes and integrate single block gates and enhanced redstone wiring and I would call it a win.
    This would be nice yeah.

  11. #31
    Wow this thread made me feel like garbage. I managed to make a door that opens when you pull a lever....

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Wow this thread made me feel like garbage. I managed to make a door that opens when you pull a lever....
    everyone starts there! it only gets better from now

  13. #33
    It's not anything special (couldn't find anyone saying they had done it at all so I might as well say it's my invention) but I hooked up a system of RS Nor latches and timed signals so that with one button a door would open, grass would be pulled underground, stairs pushed over and up two placed above ground level and another button to reverse the process. I don't know what practical use it has other than being a neat invention for entrances.

    Edit: By door I mean a 2x3 stone door that opens and closes with sticky pistons.
    Last edited by gnomesforever; 2011-10-06 at 02:53 AM. Reason: In post.
    Diablo says "Rawr".
    I go "Stab, stab, loot"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Making the game awesome so people want to buy it. NICE JOB BLI$$ARD

  14. #34
    I made a 5x3 completely hidden piston door Saw someone on youtube who made a 5x5 one, not there yet, but I'm gonna beat it!

  15. #35
    Man I wish I didn't suck at redstone

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    For people looking into doing a Redstone project I suggest looking into getting Red Power.

    It allows you to create one block logic circuits, bundled wires, wires that don't link up when running parallel. All kinds of good stuff.

    Here's an image from their page:
    http://oi54.tinypic.com/30igokg.jpg

    Download links:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...redstone-pipe/
    Thats what I been telling em :P
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

  17. #37
    Red Power really eases complicated contraptions where space is an issue, as redstone handling works as it should be with laying cables on walls horizontal & vertical and so on. Unfortunately it is not updated for 1.8.1 and Red Power 2, its successor, is updated for 1.8.1 but in a very early, buggy stage, so I guess we have to wait for a little while.
    Do not expect too much from modders until minecrafts release. Mojang will dish out 1.9 and 1.10 soon afterwards, so the whole hot phase before the full release becomes a tedious thing for modders

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •