Thought I would add a thread for the new champ for people to discuss. I am pretty excited since I main supports. I hope they don't release him the same day as DJ Sona as I will be hard pressed to decide which I want to play.
That said I like his kit but I think he might have the same problems Braum does. In that it doesn't look he'll do too much damage and he won't be able to cover a lane that someone forgot about for too long. His utility looks good and his team fight capabilities will probably keep him somewhere in the meta long after nerfs.
so that said here are his potential problems
1. You use meeps when you AA so you basically have to pool them if you want burst damage in a fight.
2. Few Champs can be left alone in bot for any length of time.
3. No support gold generation item synergizes well with him. Frostqueen looks the best since you could exhaust the charges and then start roaming but you won't be able to maximize it. Since he is ranged Relic shield loses value as well which kind of sucks since it would be the easiest to use in a new lane.
4. In order for his roaming to be useful you need a jungler with strong gank potential and good communication skills. At high elo's this will be easier since a lot of teams run voice or understand what you mean by your pings etc. But essentially when you roam your mission is to pick up chimes to charge your passive/mana pool and get the jungler into a good gank position on mid/top and lock down the enemy champ/turret.
5. Your ult is situational and has huge backfiring potential. In a team fight it is possible to hit the wrong people and cc your own tank/protectors/damage dealers.
6. Morgana just straight shuts you down. Not uncommon among many supports (blitz/thresh/leona). But her shield nullifies your q and if she follows you into your team she gets and easy ult and if you try to ult your team you are doing her job for her.
That said there are a lot of unsaid potential brokenness.
1. The portals can be used in some extremely unfair spots for ganks/escapes. In bot alone you leave like your going to roam and then give your jungler a nocturne like jump from back in the jungle to behind the enemy bot. Potentially you can use it to travel down the wall in mid for the above. Alternatively it gives you an escape wherever you go with easy q stuns if they follow. Furthermore if you combine it with the potential of flash you can get the enemy to follow you through, flash back over, they flash back over, and then jump in your portal again hopefully right before it closes. Or if you know they don't have flash you can use it to seperate them.
2. The health packs could be mean rediculous sustain for your lane partner (intended). Or they could be set up as an easy bait option since they also give movement speed. You could leave a candy trail for someone to follow whether it's the adc using it to bait the enemy team; or someone going oh another shrine, oh another shrine, oh another shrine, uh oh.
3. The ult has crazy tower/nexus saving potential. Granted if your in this state you are pretty much boned anyway but it can give you precious seconds to keep a tower/nexus alive. This could be the difference between in a successful backdoor scheme.
4. Blitzcrank is your arch nemesis. Think about it he pulls people through walls to his team while you open holes in that wall and can aoe ult people. He pulls your adc you immediately throw your ult over the wall and portal through for your team to come in and pounce. You portal through a wall to get away from thier team he pulls you back to your doom. You randomly pick up chimes/health packs to run fast, he pops his w to chase. He knocks you up, you stun him to the wall. It's like lex luther and superman.