Thread: Lissandra

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lissandra

    Hey everyone. I don't play any ranked matches and a lot of my friends are burned out from LoL so I was just unranked solo'ing. I found a game and normally I play sup or mid, but both were taken so I ended up going top. I happened to be in mumble with a couple of wow buddies that play LoL as well and asked what champ I should play. They both said Lissandra who I've never played before and I have to say the experience was awesome. I ended up going against Shaco on top and utterly destroyed him every time he tried anything. I looked around on Mobafire and didn't fnd any top lane builds for Her. Who do you guys top with? I feel she would honestly play a better mid but can do top quite sufficiently.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  2. #2
    She basicly came fotm in top when people started playing stuff like Gnar and Rumble regularly to counter the previous fotm champs. As for what to build? It's basicly the same as most AP's. Morello/zhonyas/deathcap/void etc. Not too sure how good rod is on her, but i could see a reason for building it.

    Also, don't use mobafire for guides. Use sites like lolking, lolpro etc.

  3. #3
    Ah I use mobafire cause its the first thing that popped up on there. I'll def look up those other sites. I was able to build rod and I actually noticed quite a significant increase in damage. I mainly use mobafire as a guideline for items cause I haven't memorized them all yet except for a few.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  4. #4
    As far as Top Laners go, Lissandra is about as safe a choice as you can get at the moment. She isn't that great Mid because, like Ryze, her range is shorter than most other Mages/Assassins which leaves her very vulnerable to being either harassed out of lane, or burst down by someone with longer range CC. Its far less of an issue top, where most champs are either melee or equally short ranged.

    As for her build, you'll want to get a Zhonya's and Morellonomicon (You can swap this for Athenes if you really need the extra MR) almost certainly. From there its a bit more fluid, Rabadons and a Void Staff will give you a lot of extra firepower. A Rod of Ages can be useful if you need a little more tankyness, and an Abyssal Scepter is a good buy if you've got team mates who can benefit from the aura. You can also get Liandries Torment too if you're doing a lot of poking, its not always ideal, but it is an option.
    For something a little more off beat, you could also consider getting a Banshee's Veil if you find yourself getting engaged on and killed before you have the chance to ult.

    You can check here for Champion guides. You might need to be a little bit careful at the moment though, some guides are still in the process of being updated for the new Season.

  5. #5
    What about running hourglass? I can see how it would be useful if you're in a bind but other than that, I honestly feel fiddle is the only one that hourglass was designed for.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Zethras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Acherus is my home.
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    What about running hourglass? I can see how it would be useful if you're in a bind but other than that, I honestly feel fiddle is the only one that hourglass was designed for.
    Hourglass can save your life, plus the armour it gives isn't too shabby.

    Also, you haven't seen a good Kennen or Morgana use Zhonyas with their ult, have you.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

  7. #7
    No i haven't. To be honest i don't have very many champions and the ones i do have i tend to stick with. I'd rather be decent at a few than mediocre at a lot.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    No i haven't. To be honest i don't have very many champions and the ones i do have i tend to stick with. I'd rather be decent at a few than mediocre at a lot.
    Probuilds is a good website it shows what the lastest high rated players are building. The teams they're facing, and if they were losing how to build to try to make a comeback.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    What about running hourglass? I can see how it would be useful if you're in a bind but other than that, I honestly feel fiddle is the only one that hourglass was designed for.
    Zhonya gives armor and 120 ability power which is fucking high for a single item. You can use it to avoid damage on all ability power champs. An example would be fizz. You can use hourglass before the shark hits and avoid the knock up plus damage. It also gives you two seconds of immunity in team fights which can save your life.
    Last edited by Vladiswaifu; 2015-01-28 at 08:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Banned Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    2,101
    Liss is so strong atm, and she's still very viable mid, shits on a lot of the melee assassins and assassins in general. But yeah she's strong top for the reasons already given.

    Bit of a seperate issue, but directly linked to liss, is this lovely little item called ZH.
    From my point of view, its quite simply too strong of an offensive and defensive item. Sure it's pricey, but the go to for almost all aps. And for champions like liss it provides that extra fu. Where is the equilivant item for ad, with a fat bf sword and immue to dmg for 2.5secs? Well there isn't one...if one exsisted would people use it, you fucking bet. The only reason it doesn't exsist is because it would probably get abused by the adcs.

    I don't know, i'm just a little but hurt by this item recently.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    Zhonya gives armor and 120 ability power which is fucking high for a single item. You can use it to avoid damage on all ability power champs. An example would be fizz. You can use hourglass before the shark hits and avoid the knock up plus damage. It also gives you two seconds of immunity in team fights which can save your life.
    I had forgotten about the 120 Ability Power so ignore that earlier remark. I played a match as fiddle last night and my team was wrecked by Teemo, like nothing we could do to stop him from feeding himself. He scored an Ace with just auto attacks which seems a little OP to me.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I had forgotten about the 120 Ability Power so ignore that earlier remark. I played a match as fiddle last night and my team was wrecked by Teemo, like nothing we could do to stop him from feeding himself. He scored an Ace with just auto attacks which seems a little OP to me.
    You have to cc and burst him down. Teemo isn't very tanky and he does damage over time. He doesn't deal with ap burst very well and has a meh shooting range. He is one of those champs that stomps people who have no idea how to deal with him. A fed teemo causes ptsd.
    Last edited by Vladiswaifu; 2015-01-28 at 11:01 PM.

  12. #12
    Sorry but if a Teemo aces your entire team by just AA'ing, you should surrender at 20 and stop playing for atleast a week.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Sorry but if a Teemo aces your entire team by just AA'ing, you should surrender at 20 and stop playing for atleast a week.
    Eh, I barely play the game as it is.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Eh, I barely play the game as it is.
    Probably part of the reason how a Teemo (!) aces you by AA'ing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    You have to cc and burst him down. Teemo isn't very tanky and he does damage over time. He doesn't deal with ap burst very well and has a meh shooting range. He is one of those champs that stomps people who have no idea how to deal with him. A fed teemo causes ptsd.
    Can confirm, Teemo haunted me for the first few weeks I was playing until I learned how to deal with him. Most are predictable, they all do pretty much the same things in every situation.
    Still have nightmares though

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Probably part of the reason how a Teemo (!) aces you by AA'ing.
    Probably. I would play more, but I don't like playing solo queue and like I said before, a lot of my friends are burned out on LoL or exclusively play ranked matches.
    Disc Priest
    Stream 6:00- 9:00PM PST Mon - Thurs

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Probably. I would play more, but I don't like playing solo queue and like I said before, a lot of my friends are burned out on LoL or exclusively play ranked matches.
    If you played with a good player invite them to your friends list. Having one other person that is decent makes solo q much more fun.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Can confirm, Teemo haunted me for the first few weeks I was playing until I learned how to deal with him. Most are predictable, they all do pretty much the same things in every situation.
    Still have nightmares though
    Same he is always fucking smiling that is the sickest part about it and where does he keep all the shrooms? They're fucking everywhere man!
    Last edited by Vladiswaifu; 2015-01-30 at 05:24 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Probably. I would play more, but I don't like playing solo queue and like I said before, a lot of my friends are burned out on LoL or exclusively play ranked matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    If you played with a good player invite them to your friends list. Having one other person that is decent makes solo q much more fun.
    Agreed. I normally don't play normals by myself. Having someone I can trust to play well if awesome, and even if we lose, at least I have fun since we're usually on some sort of voice chat.

    Same he is always fucking smiling that is the sickest part about it and where does he keep all the shrooms? They're fucking everywhere man!
    Goddamn, I know man, there's a reason he is referred to as various names such as, "He Who Must Not Be Named," "The Dark Lord," etc.

    Really, if there's a skin that we need for a champion, it's a hellish, evil looking Teemo.

  19. #19
    Banned Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post


    Goddamn, I know man, there's a reason he is referred to as various names such as, "He Who Must Not Be Named," "The Dark Lord," etc.

    Really, if there's a skin that we need for a champion, it's a hellish, evil looking Teemo.

    Hahah, that's actually a really good idea

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •