Poll: Which is scarier?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Creepers win this hands down, even before when they weren't that life threatening, the ssss boom would still scare the shit out of you.

Now it's just OH FUCK they're gonna one shot me.

Endermen are cute, carrying blocks and stuff. They're not scary in the slightest. And even then when you get up and smack them, they're not even tough.

Spiders used to scare the piss out of me, but now that you can outrun them and send them half way across the map with the charge attack they're kind of weak.

Zombies and Skeletons are still ez sauce.

But you know what though, how come nobody has mentioned any of the nether mobs??? Pigmen can swarm you and rape your ass hard if you don't have a bow. And those ghasts...

You can't tell me the first time you went into the nether you didn't yell "JESUS SHITTING FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" when a gigantic, flying, thing made a cat-like shriek and shot a fucking ball of fiery TNT at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Creepers win this hands down, even before when they weren't that life threatening, the ssss boom would still scare the shit out of you.

Now it's just OH FUCK they're gonna one shot me.

Endermen are cute, carrying blocks and stuff. They're not scary in the slightest. And even then when you get up and smack them, they're not even tough.

Spiders used to scare the piss out of me, but now that you can outrun them and send them half way across the map with the charge attack they're kind of weak.

Zombies and Skeletons are still ez sauce.

But you know what though, how come nobody has mentioned any of the nether mobs??? Pigmen can swarm you and rape your ass hard if you don't have a bow. And those ghasts...

You can't tell me the first time you went into the nether you didn't yell "JESUS SHITTING FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" when a gigantic, flying, thing made a cat-like shriek and shot a fucking ball of fiery TNT at you.
    I didn't. Spiders still scare the shit out of me, especially the new poison ones.

Creepers dont disturb me that much as i learned to check EVERYWHERE before i go on a trip. Now endermen... those assholes are destroying environment even without my presence.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I feel this is related to the thread.

http://hejibits.com/comics/2011-09-26-see-no-evil.png
    This is awesome!

Creepers are a joke, and can be beaten just by looking at them and spamming left click, without moving, they will never get close enough to explode, -so threatening-. And if one sneaks up on you, if you have half decent reflexes by the time you hear the Kasssssss you can move away from the sound, you know he is behind you if you don't see him, so you take very minimal damage.

The Enderman is even easier though, the skeleton is the only even slightly threatening mob in the game. And they have huge weaknesses as well.

Deleted
    I don't find either that scary or threatening, I just find Creepers in particular really annoying. Stop blowing up mah shizzle

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to be in the minority and go with Endermen.

They like to spawn in the tight caves down below and deny me access further down the way. Almost aggro'd one last night while playing online.

I chase down Creepers, however; so that I get them before they get me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
    I have to be in the minority and go with Endermen.

They like to spawn in the tight caves down below and deny me access further down the way. Almost aggro'd one last night while playing online.

I chase down Creepers, however; so that I get them before they get me.
    Same with creepers - and i still use Zombe fly mod so if i hear one i can fly away fast to avoid any explosions, and then return and kill

looking at the new 1.9 stuff, it seems them griefing will be the least of my problems unless I build a dirt house. ( so first day they might rip a hole in your dirt house roof and monsters will come in, that'd be scary)

they'll teleport OUT OF THE WAY OF ARROWS! that was how I killed them! they teleport when you try to hit them with a sword too! My fear is renewed, rather than "ok, how should I approach this annoying griefer mob" it's "oh god don't look at it don't look at it..." because it sounds like the things will be damn near impossible to kill.

and I'll be forced to hunt them anyway because ender pearls are so useful! curse you notch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Well. now with the new 1.9 Pre-release 2 Endermen are way more scary than before. they teleport out of the water, it appears that they no longer burn in the sun light (might be a bug) and they teleport randomly! Making it more unpredictable (Not to metion their ability to dodge arrows). Creepers are slow, and the "sprint+hit" makes it easy to kill when alone ...
    But they are never alone

You know whats worse than both endermen and creepers...
    silverfish...

they just eat the blocks underneath you while in a stronghold and start swarming you to death like piranhas.

Killer fish, I like !

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    You know whats worse than both endermen and creepers...
    silverfish...

they just eat the blocks underneath you while in a stronghold and start swarming you to death like piranhas.
    They added fish to minecraft?

Im guessing 1.9?

10+ Year Old Account
    deff creepers enderman are retarded and much easier to kill + the new charged bow is OP

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    They added fish to minecraft?

Im guessing 1.9?
    They were supposed to be fish but they changed it... they're more like maggots really, and no they're live in 1.8. They go through(eat maybe?) blocks, but they're found underneath the blocks in strongholds, so if you find a stronghold, better watch your step cause they'll swarm you from underneath and kick your shit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hate to encounter creepers in a cave, but I'd equally hate to encounter an endermen on the surface. Creepers are cute when they run at you from 50 blocks away on the surface while Endermen are too tall to get in some places in caves.
    I guess what I'm saying is when it comes down to leaving home, always bring a sword with you.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I feel this is related to the thread.

http://hejibits.com/comics/2011-09-26-see-no-evil.png
    it's official then, what's worse, creepers or endermen? Both.

edit: solidifying that answer, ESPECIALLY both if you have a lot of endermen. just tried a custom map with endermen spawners, you spend so much time trying to avoid looking at them the creepers can sneak up on you easily.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2011-10-02 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endermen = slenderman /shiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I think the enderman mechanic was a good START they just need more to make them scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocMan View Post
    I think the enderman mechanic was a good START they just need more to make them scary.
    If I recall, Notch tuned them down in the follow-up patch in 1.8, only to buff them up again in 1.9. I haven't done much exploring in the 1.9 prerelease to get a good feeling of how they are after being changed again.