Thread: Ranked Gameplay

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ranked Gameplay

Different from the main thread. This is for ranked discussion, ranked builds. What works, what doesn't work. What's your most picked champion, what Champions do you try and keep in if you have first pick.

If we have first pick, the 2 bans I tend to lean to are Nocturne and Amumu. I choose these two bans, because I find them strong Junglers and counter-junglers, while leaving Gangplank, Lee Sin and Morganna in the champion pool. These are 3 of the strongest picks in my opinion. They are forced to ban 1, if not 2 of them, leaving the third in regardless.

Lanewise, do quote Zennon, I'm somewhat "infamous" in our channel for playing either Top lane, or ranged AD bot. However, in both lanes, I really lean towards Gangplank. I've been playing the laning Gangplank for about 2 months now, before the top players seem to have cottoned onto it. I will in noway say I am a Pioneer of toplane Gangplank, but I like to think I'm one of the first to see the how strong he is in lane (He's been strong in Jungle since just after Dreamhack)

Deleted
    i mostly pick wukong or atleast i try to pick him while stil fitting in the group ofcourse
    also i like to ban akali and brand or lee sin

My 5v5 ranked team seems to have a difrent aproach, We got first pick? Leave amumu open, it either forces them to ban him or regret it later, we tend to pick Ashe first no matter what, Our Ranged AD player is just exeptional with that arrow, He once got first blood with it on top lane, While he, our jungler (Amumu that time) and me on my sona scored double kill on Bot lane . Our second pick and third pick is almost never counterpicks, Mostly its Sona morgana/Kassadin/annie, but from time to time we go alistar/viegar (yeah for ranked! He rocks ;D. However, our jungler, if not amumu, is our fourth pick, People dont seem to pick junglers quick in our elo, maybe its preseason reasons, Idk, mostly hes focused towards countering the opposite team, Ala Nocturn, Lee sin, GP rammus etc, All depended towards the opposite team, Fifth pick? almost always solo top Counter pick. You know the drill .

/krogh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post
    My 5v5 ranked team seems to have a difrent aproach, We got first pick? Leave amumu open, it either forces them to ban him or regret it later, we tend to pick Ashe first no matter what, Our Ranged AD player is just exeptional with that arrow, He once got first blood with it on top lane, While he, our jungler (Amumu that time) and me on my sona scored double kill on Bot lane . Our second pick and third pick is almost never counterpicks, Mostly its Sona morgana/Kassadin/annie, but from time to time we go alistar/viegar (yeah for ranked! He rocks ;D. However, our jungler, if not amumu, is our fourth pick, People dont seem to pick junglers quick in our elo, maybe its preseason reasons, Idk, mostly hes focused towards countering the opposite team, Ala Nocturn, Lee sin, GP rammus etc, All depended towards the opposite team, Fifth pick? almost always solo top Counter pick. You know the drill .

/krogh
    Yeah, it's good being able to counterpick the top lane, but having Amumu straight up leaves you with a pretty weak level 1 fight. 9/10 you'll get invaded at level 1, because mumu needs his Cry to do jungle efficiently. If a team can steal his blue, while protecting their own, it really cripples him early game, which is why our team prefers to have a solid jungler that doesn't rely heavily on blue (Lee Sin, Gangplank)

Deleted
    Right now I'm preparing for S2 in the solo que. Me and my friend are currently working on a setup for the solo que. Its either me as Range AD + my friend as support in bot. We perfer to play Caitlyn + Sona. Our other combination is me in solo top as Akali or Singed, and my friend in the jungle as GP/WW/Trynd/Noc/Xin. We do believe that they way out of ELO hell will be that the 2 of us can carry the team, since I don't believe that we are able to count on our team mates before we come over 1500-1600 rating.

Deleted
    Yeah solo que is a pain for me , at first I normally went with whatever the team needed (which was normally a support) and it worked out that a few games were won etc... But you reach a level where people can't play AD carry and are horrible , I have a lot of games on sona, soraka and alister but it got to a point where I couldn't just sit there and watch my partner fail last hits.

I moved onto AP carry mid and jungle depending some of my fave chars to play ranked on are to try carry games a bit as I can't trust randoms anymore :P

Gangplank jungle , I play him very tanky starting with vamp scepter and wolves path and get wriggles lantern , IE then move into tanky stuff with warmogs / banshee finishing with an atma's. If anyone enjoys playing gangplank I seriously recommend this build your q does a lot of damage but you can get into melee and start right clicking with 'e' up and it's just stupid ownage.

Kennen is one of the most overlooked OP chars also, play him with defense and utility masteries 21/9 (I run greed) start with dorans shield and go for will of the ancients after boots of speed mid game I got for rhylai's with late game coming as deathcap and hourglass, it's just awesome ninja power !!! . It's funny how many champs you can just destroy in mid as you don't use any mana if you don't like to play defensive you can even sit back and q minions as there's a huge range on q so you can even regen a bit while sitting back safe so you don't get ganked by their jungle.

Those are just 2 of my chars and a quick chat about their build I've made myself get very comfortable with EVERY AP and jungle char just so I can count enemy picks I don't often like picking first but I have to I normally take a safe options like GP jungle is safe in that he's strong and easy to jungle with. Like I used to pick annie a lot but watch as someone picks morgana and then it's a stupidly tough lane for annie.

Anyone else ever notice how you get people who join ranked name 2 chars and if those chars are banned they leave? That really annoys me lol :P Or the worst I've seen is guy at the bottom of char selection "I play AP mid" after everyone else has locked in and your like "emm dude... we have AP mid the last spot is support" so he locked in an Ashe to go along with your cait bottom.... I really hate random que lol

Deleted
    I play Gangplank extensively, both Jungle and lane, but I prefer the Cloth Armor start, still into wriggles, but the health pots let me gank once my route is done, or counter-jungle half way through depending on what I'm playing against. I like Iedge on Gangplank >>Sometimes<<, but if I get farmed, I much prefer Trinity Force, especially if I'm going down the Atmogs build.

Right now I'm preparing for S2 in the solo que. Me and my friend are currently working on a setup for the solo que. Its either me as Range AD + my friend as support in bot. We perfer to play Caitlyn + Sona. Our other combination is me in solo top as Akali or Singed, and my friend in the jungle as GP/WW/Trynd/Noc/Xin. We do believe that they way out of ELO hell will be that the 2 of us can carry the team, since I don't believe that we are able to count on our team mates before we come over 1500-1600 rating.
    Yeah, I totally agree. You won't be able to rely on people other than yourself until you hit about 1700+ Unfortunately. If you're looking for some pubstomp combinations, either Taric + Caitlyn bot, or Singed top with a decent jungle (Lee Sin or Gangplank). Those are 3 strong pubstomp champions that can carry in their own merit. As long as you're real aggressive in your lane as Singed once you hit 6, and do the strategy of running past your opponents turret to kill the creeps running up, letting your creeps push hard. - As long as you farm really hard, and run Teleport on Singed, he can be a game changer mid-late, as, especially with RoA and Rylais, he becomes super tanky, as well as having a lot of damage out put with his poison.

Anyone else ever notice how you get people who join ranked name 2 chars and if those chars are banned they leave? That really annoys me lol :P Or the worst I've seen is guy at the bottom of char selection "I play AP mid" after everyone else has locked in and your like "emm dude... we have AP mid the last spot is support" so he locked in an Ashe to go along with your cait bottom.... I really hate random que lol
    Yeah, I hate those people with the passion of fiery hell. Even worst are the last picks who think they are entitled to play whatever they want. So many times having 5th pick going "I play X or i Feed/troll"

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Yeah, it's good being able to counterpick the top lane, but having Amumu straight up leaves you with a pretty weak level 1 fight. 9/10 you'll get invaded at level 1, because mumu needs his Cry to do jungle efficiently. If a team can steal his blue, while protecting their own, it really cripples him early game, which is why our team prefers to have a solid jungler that doesn't rely heavily on blue (Lee Sin, Gangplank)
    I get your point, but lvl 1 fights arent that common in the EU, Mostly, its just pokeing, it happens, but we rarely ever loose blue, both becuss we have an amazing amumu player, he could effectively skill Bandage toss in level 1 and still manage, With the right pull, a few attacks, he´ll be level two quick anyway Lee sin and GP is quite strong, but amumu man.. he just changes the game

I really like to play Anivia. Though she might not have the burst capabilites of an Annie, she brings quite a nice set of utility to the table.
    Same thing goes for Cassiopeia. I will go so far and say she might be the hardest AP carry to play, but her skillset is also very rewarding.

If there are any squishies which needs to be taken out real fast, I tend to choose Akali and lately Talon.

For the ranged AD Carry, I am and always was in love with Ashe. That ulti. Awesome. Even though I tend to Caitlyn in the last few weeks if it comes to raw ranged AD carry power (and making up for ridiculous combos.. Taric stun + Caitlyn yordle = enjoy your 4 second stun while receiving TOD [TONS OF DAMAGE])

Considering ranked builds: Sure, you always want to have some core items, but you should always center the remaining items depending on the needs of the given situation. Sometimes, a Banshees Veil might be your life saver, sometimes it might be almost useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara View Post

Dudes like them above is the reason i dont play solo que, I cant stand it, i dunno whats wrong in there heads.. Something.. must be... for sure... -.-

Deleted
    I get your point, but lvl 1 fights arent that common in the EU, Mostly, its just pokeing, it happens, but we rarely ever loose blue, both becuss we have an amazing amumu player, he could effectively skill Bandage toss in level 1 and still manage, With the right pull, a few attacks, he´ll be level two quick anyway Lee sin and GP is quite strong, but amumu man.. he just changes the game
    Yeah, I won't deny he's real, real strong. Just hope you don't play versus me, I started playing LoL on US to play with friends, have a very US mindset when it comes to playing, which I share with my team. We counter jungle whenever we play versus Amumu. I share the same belief that Amumu is a game changer though. Especially if you have a Kennen, or Morg. That damage is just, wow.

Kennen morgana amumu sona Ashe <3 Dream combo of all time So much.. Controll

Deleted
    Kennen morgana amumu sona Ashe <3 Dream combo of all time So much.. Controll
    Did you see the; Galio, Fiddle, Morganna, Ashe, Sona?

Never en action but the horror... Gosh.. I have to try that... In general.. Morgana ashe Sona comba works wonders ;D

Deleted
    Never en action but the horror... Gosh.. I have to try that... In general.. Morgana ashe Sona comba works wonders ;D
    I think it was a CLG vs TSM NESL match. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head. It was just, so many degrees of "Lol, teamfight over in 5 seconds"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well my soloque experience was if I didn't end up carrying the game we lost. I carried I think 7wins almost in a row with Blitzcrank - Gragas comp from 1200 to 1400 elo, then I wanted to try something else (I'm maining Lee Sin right now) and when I didn't stomp the enemyteam we got stomped, the soloque is terrible. People don't pick accordingly people play what they want to and if someone picks something they like ppl rage and emo at eachother the entire game. (Good example was a Leona who didn't want to bot with our Kog'Maw and afked base until everyone else was level 5-8...) WTB someone I can duoque with who isn't terrible so we can carry games :'<<

That video... That baron... Wow.. Deadly..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    Some really funny combos

I really like the Baron one
    Hilarious how Ashe misses in the last one.

Will be Solo Q'ing Ranked any second now, so anyone up for a game. Add me to friends -> "mee nyt vittuun" is my ingame name. Could skype to I guess.

EU West ofcourse.
    PEWPEW