Thread: Sssssssss

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sssssssss

You know them. You get nightmares because of them. The Creeper. The devil's own demolishing crew. What's your most horrific story? Your most confusing story? Or, dare I say, your most hilariously badass story?

I only have sad stories. Found a nice vein of diamonds near a huge pool of lava. Careful made a bridge to them and started to mine away. Suddenly I hear it. Before I could turn around, the creeper explode on me and flung me into the lava. All the diamond I got, gone. Everything, gone.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone's signature (I can't remember if it was here or over on the Minecraft forums) said: "That's a nice houssssssse you got there!" <BOOM>

I have had a couple of occasions where I got lost, and of course you get chased by skeletons and zombies etc. Skeleton shoots at me, misses and hits the creeper. Hilarity ensued.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

I didn't even give creepers a chance. As soon as I got the game, I set it to peaceful and enjoyed building and mining in peace.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I didn't even give creepers a chance. As soon as I got the game, I set it to peaceful and enjoyed building and mining in peace.

Aww you're no fun.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

Deleted
    Playing with a friend, exploring a ravine with a mineshaft together. He accidently bumps me over the cliff (I was digging down a stair) and into the black darkness below. As soon as I land .... "sssssss" followed up by three simultaneous explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I never did this. Even when my game could be set to the 1812 Overture with my magnificent creeper attraction. Something about it was always hilarious to me.

Deleted
    Enjoying the new patch, bimbling about and found a nice tunnelsystem under my house. I go in it and it turns out it's a super big tunnelcomplex (with lots of shiny iron ore in it), just when I'm discovering the far side of it (I couldn't remember my way back up, derp), as I walk over a little bridge, a skeleton shoots at me from out of nowhere, I shriek (and gave a friend of mine a heartattack) and fall off the edge of the bridge. In a dark pit. SSSsssss. BOOM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was exploring a gigantic cave, with a lot of lave on the floor. I spot some redstone and diamonds on the other side of a medium-size pool of lava. I carefully mine my way, alongside the edges of the lava to the ores. Right next to the ore is a brown mushroom with gravel on top. I take the mushroom (hey ,free mushroom) and the gravel caves in, with a Creeper on top of it. No way to run. Ssssssssssss BOOM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    You know them. You get nightmares because of them. The Creeper. The devil's own demolishing crew. What's your most horrific story? Your most confusing story? Or, dare I say, your most hilariously badass story?

I only have sad stories. Found a nice vein of diamonds near a huge pool of lava. Careful made a bridge to them and started to mine away. Suddenly I hear it. Before I could turn around, the creeper explode on me and flung me into the lava. All the diamond I got, gone. Everything, gone.

I have never lost any good Diamonds to petty Creepers, nevar!

Instead I arbitrarily fall or dig into lava and lose them, needless to say I'm a LOT more careful now.

When it comes to those freaky, creepy situations, those happen when I'm digging and go through a wall leading into a cave full of creepers. I don't know how Minecraft's monster spawning system works, but sometimes it spawns NOTHING but creepers, so I can't hear the zombie sounds to know what's beyond the wall(this was before discovering F3). So yeah...open wall, see 3 creepers about to explode in my face, RUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

I always have this issue with getting in through my door when I panic, so, keeping that in mind, as I've noticed in the recent 1.8 patch, mobs have been tending to spawn in groups of 4... Imagine as I'm running through the woods to the safety of my house, because I didn't notice it getting dark as I was farming wood, having 4 Creepers spot me and me squealing like a little girl as I practice cardio (a la Zombieland) and continually circle my house, trying my best to get in through my door with every pass -_-

Deleted
    The newly added sprinting ability helped me a ton to deal with creepers on laggy servers. On laggy servers I always had a problem with not being able to time my sword-swings and retreats correctly.

Now just sprint up to them and hit them with your sword. Because of the sprint the creeper will fly quite a way backwards (more than normal) - making sure he won't explode. Repeat until dead - et voilà!

Of course you need to be well fed, since otherwise you can't sprint.

was trying the new 1.9.pre-patch
    found a nice hole in the ground
    explored the cave for a while without any mobs visible
    broke through a wall just to find 2 creepers on the other side smiling at me

10+ Year Old Account
    I think when I first started playing the beta (not long after it was released) I'd adventure down into a cave with just a few torches and a pickaxe, hope'n for some diam'n! Many times I would turn around after mining a block or two and a creeper would just be standing there waiting to greet me with his explosiveness..

I'm sure one of the first things every Minecraft player does is lose the front half of their house after stepping out the door into the bright, safe sunshine of the day, right into the creeper standing just to the side of it... SSSSSSSSSSS-huh?-BANG!

I logged in next to a creeper the other day. Of course. It immediately exploded and there was a ravine beneath the ground where it exploded. Fantastic. Luckily, I didn't fall in, but I might as well have because I died anyway.

Deleted
    One day I was exploring and left my house's door open. When I came back, I had these two "guests", who SSSSSsed my glass window, my bed and most important thing: my crystal lava lamp, with predictable consecuences. You get the picture.

I killed my friend once because he had just gotten a creeper skin and I freaked out :P

Creepers... the bastards always find a way to spawn in a room lit up by lava pools just as youre travelling on a one square wide path between 2 lava pools.. BOOM BURNNNNNN

10+ Year Old Account
    I like creepers, and I like even better to build stuff around them and listen to them Sssssssssssssssssssss...sss..

Maybe next time I'll build a tunnel system to lead them to other enemies houses.. That would be pretty fun, though the creeper cant be smart enough to walk through the cave, can he?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many too count. There has been so many times where I was ambushed in a cave by creepers. Sometimes, the things jump down from high places and explode in my face.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.