Thread: Sssssssss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I killed my friend once because he had just gotten a creeper skin and I freaked out :P
    LOL This happened to me too.

i remember the first time i played minecraft, i had no idea about what kind of enemies i was facing and so it happened that i totally feared the unknown.
    so i made myself a small home into a mountainside, nothing fancy, just some kind of dirthole with a workbench a few furnaces and a chest (that was around the mid of february, so no beds back then).

so one minecraft-day i decided to go out and grab some wood from the trees wich i could see in the distance, i also made sure that there were no enemies in sight or hearingrange.
    so i left my dirthole and looked around me to make sure i didnt miss anything, and after being relatively sure of being safe i turned away from my dirthole and looked for the trees i saw earlier in the distance... and then suddenly explosion from behind! i litteraly jumped at the ceiling and fell off my chair out of schock!
    i didnt even know that there was a mob who could blow you up, and since i didnt see him explode on me, i didnt get to know wich one explodes himself to kill you!
    but that wasnt my only problem, i walked quite a distance from my spawnpoint and i only then realized that i had to find my dirthole again... after a few minutes of walking around(when the next night came) and no luck on finding my little dirthole, i decided to delete this world and start a new one.

mighty creeper blasted away my whole world

I had a tower that I was proud of on an island map. Made of glass, to altitude limit, and filled with lava. Looked awesome! It even had these cool stone rings "floating" around it.

I forgot to light those D:

A creeper spawned on one and fell onto one of the platforms on the tower while I was on it.

sssssss-BOOM

Aaaaand then lava covered my entire island.

I was exploring a new cave I found and I heard SSSSSSS. I ran and heard SSSSS again. Turned another corner and more SSSSSS. I was trapped by three of them.

The scariest thing that a Creeper did to me was to fall in a lava pit in front of me while I was building a bridge. That made me jump. But, They are not a huge threat unless you are getting raped by millions of other mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post

I don't know why you're all trying to kill these lovely things. I named this one George, and he was my super best friend up until he accidentally popped right in front of me. There were so many tears

Suppose my best "story" was when I had my house right on the edge of what-I-thought-was-a-steep drop into a completely darkened spot beneath an overhang. I wasn't going down there, but that didn't stop the 5 or so creepers from coming up to say hi to me. I shouldn't have punched that window out, really. I had a screenshot but I can't find it, probably lost it when I deleted the folder.
    is that a pet creeper? as in a mod?

if so tell me, i would actually would like one.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

I was playing with tracks on a friend's server, trying to do something with junctions. The premise was simple enough - player enters the station and comes to a stop, flicks a switch to decide which of the two exits he wants then presses a button to be on his way. Thanks to the S-W rule this took a helluva long time to figure out but eventually I had it all working so you could come in from any of the 3 directions and leave by either of the other 2, all without leaving the minecart. I'm not even going to finish this one, the game was set to peaceful when I started the project and not when I logged back in. Sssssss...

Quote from PC Gamer's Minecraft Diary, which is well worth a read. Tom Francis's first creeper encounter.

I trundle down the mountain I start on with dangerous enthusiasm, scramble up the next one and head for a waterfall with a gloomy cavern behind it. I’m having so much fun. When I finally reach it, I gawp stupidly at what is essentially a cuboid blue stick, and wander into the cave behind.

My face explodes. I’m flung out of the cave, past the waterfall, all the way off the mountain and plummeting into the valley below. I’m killed on impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    The only sort of interesting encounter ive had with them so far (only been playing about a month) was when one snuck up on me somehow while in a mine and got me point blank. Scared me quite a bit cause i was turning around to leave the mine he didnt even make a noise comming up. Just ssssss then bam!

Does anyone know of mod that has some kind of creeper nightmare mode? like a creeper every 10 blocks when mining?

I hate creepers, had too many experiences with them to name.

worst for me was a similar explosive demise, but not due to a creeper, but a ghast. the hellspawn of the nether that are FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOOT! (slightly improved with the new bows, they still have a much longer attack range than you do)

I go into the nether to dig up some precious glowstone for my house (pff, torches? glowstone is where its at. want to make it all pretty-like) so I go into the nether with my diamond pickaxe and plenty of other valuable armor, my bow with like half my arrow supply, and go to harvest some glowstone off the giant area's ceiling. I build my way up to one of the deposits and build a 1 block thick little platform for the dust to fall onto and get to mining. I have a bounty, enough for at least 40 blocks of glowstone, when I hear the ghast screech. a fireball blasts towards me before I can react, blowing a hole in the center of my platform (which I think was made of dirt, I had lots of dirt...) and causing me to plummet into the lava below.

I've had less bad experiences with creepers, but you would not BELIEVE my level of paranoia when I've just explored a cave system for almost an hour and a half, got at least 20 diamonds and several stacks of iron, but I'm flat out of food. It's terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I built a lava moat around my house. Lets just say no creepers have bothered me since. They just seem to walk right on in

"That'ss a very nice everything you have there >.....>

It would be a sshame if ssomething bad were to happen to it"

Was playing with my cousin and we had just come back up from mining a load of diamond was about, .. 20-30 diamond ores.. he was all happy going to turn it into mining picks and swords... as he went up the stairs a creeper came sssssssing out of the corner.. the initial explosion didnt kill him.. but it made his character fall down the edge of the stairs into a pit of lava I made at the botton for destroying trash items.. I've never heard so much rage on skype in my life..
    Last edited by Chat; 2011-09-28 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Horrible spelling.

Haha, that's harsh :P

Deleted
    Was pimping up my house on the second day of playing. Replaced my wooden roof with glass, and filled it with lava. Opened my door in the night, bumped into a creeper...BOOM...lava fills my wooden house =(

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Was pimping up my house on the second day of playing. Replaced my wooden roof with glass, and filled it with lava. Opened my door in the night, bumped into a creeper...BOOM...lava fills my wooden house =(
    That sucks, especially as the lava burns it all I haven't used lava in a long time, mostly due to the inherent risks involved :-D

Attempted to make a creeper lighting rod...never again...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone who wants a good laugh should go look up "the eye of the creeper" by jesse cox on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothean View Post
    img
    He wants to come in! Let him in!