Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    My guess will be 5 days. So I expect early access to start sometime on the 17th (for EU).

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a question: I'm reading that the early release depends on the day you entered your pre-order code into your account. Is that true? I pre-ordered the game the same day they opened up pre-orders, but I was on a business trip and didn't actually go in and put in my code until early this month when I returned. Am I ****ed?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Here's a question: I'm reading that the early release depends on the day you entered your pre-order code into your account. Is that true? I pre-ordered the game the same day they opened up pre-orders, but I was on a business trip and didn't actually go in and put in my code until early this month when I returned. Am I ****ed?
    There have been no statement saying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, let me clarify. What I read was that it would be on a "first come, first served" basis and that those who pre-ordered earlier and entered their code would get in first.

actually es, its true, the early access is longer the earlier you entered your code, thats official, and yes sir, youre ****ed

given the numbers of preorders (its the most anticipated mmo after all), there is really a good chance the early access is longer than the average mmos. and the average being about a week I think we might get more than that. or at least the players who preordered early.
    3days is out of the question I think, they already said it wont be just a weekend. so I guess the minimum is 5 days, and people who orderered earlier will get more than that, we know that already.

so my estimate is 10 to 5 days, depending on the date you entered the preorder code.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing a week to play it in early access but able to download the client 2 weeks prior because its an extensively large sized game. From what I heard when it is 100% complete the game will be around 50-60gb but I do not know how true that may be. I am however proud to get the CE pre-ordered!

Deleted
    I would guess at around a week early that seems fair

Deleted
    Amazon updated my preorder. They say the delivery date is 20.12.2011.

but i guess it will be the friday befor or most likely monday19th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    actually es, its true, the early access is longer the earlier you entered your code, thats official, and yes sir, youre ****ed
    God damn it.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

If you didn't get your pre-order code in right away I wouldn't stress too hard. You might get 6 days instead of 7 of early access, but I'd be shocked if there's a ton of drop off in time.

And to the people who were wondering when the free month of game time would start, it will kick in when you enter your full game key that comes with your purchase. That's the only way it can work, since they can't start counting time until you've registered the game.

They've stated a few things that I think need to be cleared up to relieve some of the worry:
    1. We will be notified ahead of time that the early access client is ready for download.
    2. Then we'll get our early access time (however many days that ends up being).
    3. There will be a grace period from the end of early access past launch date to allow for people who've ordered physical copies to receive it from their supplier of choice.
    4. No time tables have been given yet for any of these phases and any information from any retailer is 100% speculation on their part at this point in time.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be great if we got it 7 days beforehand. Or maybe only 5 (for us Europeans) So it would start on the weekend before the official release.

Anything more than 3 days EU and ill be happy.

It would be nice if at least considering early access the eu and us would start at the same time. it just upsets players when they cant start at the same time than others. And i mean we all preordered the game.

I'd like something like two weeks even tho i doubt that will happen. Mainly cause I will be out traveling and visiting my family around the 20th

Quote Originally Posted by FreakEyy View Post
    Early-acess info have not been released nor have it been decided. And if they got the info, they wouldn't be allowed to release it. So I'd say that's someones personal opinion.
    He said something like "You will get 4 days early acess if you buy it" and I said "oh, is it decided now?" and he said "I read that earlier" found a paper among all his papers, said "7 days for collectors, 4 days for normal pre order".
    It could be outdated, I dont know, but thats what I have been told, I do not claim it to be true though, just that I have been told that.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, EU release date 2 days later has nothing to do with any technical issues, but marketing one. Like in EU realese dates are tend to be at Thursdays-Fridays and in US at Tuesdays. That's the only reason. And I believe eaarly access will start simultaneously in all regions thus EU folks will get 2 more days of early access (but not play time mind you). There was such a case not so long ago with Rift iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Very true i found the quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Reid
    Timing on Early Game Access for #SWTOR will be announced closer to launch. It'll be a number of days - not just a weekend.

Days not weeks, and not just a weekend, so im thinking between 4-7 days
    "A number of days" indicates a large amount., my guess is 7-10 if not more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, but I'll be checking my email every day from now on, instead of once or twice a month hahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water