Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid Buffs? Per Class or....

Hey all, great to see there is a dedicated forum section here!

So, on to business:

I am curious if there is much relevant information on buffs?

Meaning: Arcane Brilliance, Power Word: Fortitude type deals...?

I haven't really seen much about it on the official site, here or a couple other sites I read, but I am curious as to whether or not they took Blizz's recent approach to more class homogenization or if it's going to be better to have varied group comp for activities involving several players.

While I don't think it's great to have something like say Bloodlust on one class only, it makes you bring them JUST for that, I do like the idea of classes being somewhat unique, and I feel certain buffs bring that to the table sometimes, as long as the class is viable in other ways as well.

Anyways, I was just curious... oh and Food/Flask/Pots?? I haven't seen much of anything on these sorts of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Hey all, great to see there is a dedicated forum section here!

So, on to business:

I am curious if there is much relevant information on buffs?

Meaning: Arcane Brilliance, Power Word: Fortitude type deals...?

I haven't really seen much about it on the official site, here or a couple other sites I read, but I am curious as to whether or not they took Blizz's recent approach to more class homogenization or if it's going to be better to have varied group comp for activities involving several players.

While I don't think it's great to have something like say Bloodlust on one class only, it makes you bring them JUST for that, I do like the idea of classes being somewhat unique, and I feel certain buffs bring that to the table sometimes, as long as the class is viable in other ways as well.

Anyways, I was just curious... oh and Food/Flask/Pots?? I haven't seen much of anything on these sorts of things.
    While I can't speak for other classes, I am fairly sure I saw Inquisitors get something similar to Mark of the Wild (increasing stats by x% and resistances by y). As for flasks and all that, I thought I saw someone say they would in the form of adrenals and stimulants and all that fun stuff.

Ah sweet, I'm gonna have to dig around a bit. I'm just curious as to how much will pertain to class, profession etc., as well as what is available to everyone and what is only available to some.
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0imBz6y38

If you scroll in to around 04:50, you'll see the players buffing eachother. So atleast there'll be class defined buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0imBz6y38

If you scroll in to around 04:50, you'll see the players buffing eachother. So atleast there'll be class defined buffs.
    Awesome! Thanks!

Nice vid. There is also a whole thread in the SWTOR part of the forums dedicated to information like this. Be sure to check that out next time before you post something!

Errrmmm... are you referring to the thread with 33k+ replies? If so, yeah I dug around in there quite a bit the past few days... I didn't see anything on it, but neither did I read through every single page of the 17 or 1800 of them... sorry, I presumed the dedicated forums for SW: ToR were so we could break apart the ridiculously monstrous gargantu-thread that was happening with multiple subject matter.

I'll try to search... more next time.

Each Class section on the SW:TOR forums has a description of what abilities they have and I believe I saw the Bounty Hunters will have a Raid Damage buff similar to Battle Shout and anothetr buff in their tank tree for defensive raid purposes.

trooper has somethin called fortification so im gonna geuss it increases strength or something
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-09-27 at 02:21 PM.

They are all per class. You get them early too. There might be more unique ones later, but I haven't seen any.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC they said at JID alllll the way back in time, that Sith Inq's had a MoTW/King style spell, and a PW:F style spell, I think Troopers get a Dev Aura style +armor buff, and then there was a bunch of short term buffs.

as to pots/flasks I think they're in, one of the professions is 'Biochemistry' and they can make 'Stims' and 'Adrenals' but as of yet we dont have enough data on them to see exactly what they do.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Each class gets their own buff for the group (like PW:F, MotW, AI). It's likely that at higher levels there will be specific, targetted buffs that classes get like Dark Intent or Vigilance, similar to WoW. While very few high level videos have been shown, I don't think it's likely that there will be 20+ buffs/debuffs that you need to consider when forming a raid.

Adrenals/stims are almost certainly the equivalent of elixirs/potions in WoW.

They'll probably share buffs between general classes, like the two inquisitor advanced classes (I think its Sorcerer and Assassin) would bring the same raid buff, but Bounty Hunters (Mercs and Power Techs) would have something different.

All base classes get a 60 minute group buff that grants 5% bonus to certain things.

Smuggler / Agent: 5% crit (lucky shots)
    Trooper / BH: ... (fortification)
    Knight / Warrior: 5% endurance (force vitality)
    Consular / Inquisitor: 5% primary stats + elemental resistance (force valor)

Quote Originally Posted by Annoron View Post
    All base classes get a 60 minute group buff that grants 5% bonus to certain things.

Nice. The only one I knew was the Consular / Inquisitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoron View Post

As of the last beta build that I played, a couple of those are incorrect stats. But yea, that is the principal behind it, each base class gives 5% to something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    As of the last beta build that I played, a couple of those are incorrect stats. But yea, that is the principal behind it, each base class gives 5% to something.
    Hopefully the client is done DLing when I get home, so I'll be able to tell you tommorrow for sure.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Hopefully the client is done DLing when I get home, so I'll be able to tell you tommorrow for sure.
    I could say for sure right now, but don't think we're supposed to :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    I could say for sure right now, but don't think we're supposed to :P
    They're not going to track down your IP, unless you use your same proxy and email for everything you do...
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    They're not going to track down your IP, unless you use your same proxy and email for everything you do...
    No, but MMO-C will remove your post and give you a warning if you post leaks on their forums.

Something like raid/party buffs is pretty insignificant when it comes to a "leak" but I'd rather not antagonize the mods for no reason.
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-09-27 at 07:08 PM.