Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Top 5; I love this in Guild Wars 2

Hello all and welcome to the subforum Guild Wars 2. I want to thank for the subforum we've received.

This topic will be about your top 5 things that you absolutely love about Guild Wars 2 and why people should buy the game.

5. No Subscription fee

I mean come on. Everyone would love a game where they put thousands of hours in and have only 1 price-tag on it.

4. Persistant World

It doesn't matter where you or the rest are. Something may stirr at the other side of the world suddenly.

3. World vs World vs World

Who doesn't like major war/combats?

2. Highly exciting Dynamic Events

Dragons, Ships, Pirates, Undead, Centaurs... and all on a rampage...

1. Storyline

Anyone who played GW1 active, know that the storyline was epic. And from what we know now, is that GW2's storyline is going to be epic too.

In no particular order:

1. Very dynamic combat that encourages you to watch the action not UI
    2. Beautiful design and graphics that doesnt need high end PC to work
    3. Quest system updated and revamped into Dynamic Events
    4. Stuff that usually happen in raids is now for everyone to see and participate
    5. All that quality stuff without monthly fee...
    Last edited by Moralio; 2011-09-27 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    No holy trinity
    Awesome classes (Gonna be an necromancer)
    No real quests
    Seemingly balanced PvP
    Story is awesome, especially if you played GW1

I'd have to go with mostly the same as yours: No sub free, Dynamic Events, Storyline. But the different combat system and dye system is something I like.

I've played WoW and Rift and they play very similarly so it will be nice to have something a little different. The Dynamic Events I like, I liked them at first in Rift but after a while they got in the way of me doing quests. Hopefully it won't turn out that way, but most of this game will be running around and finding random things to do it seems anyway.

The Storyline, I haven't see all that much about it but I like having a "home" and being able to develop my character instead of it being a shell with armor. And everyone's armor will look different because of the Dye system. Purple/White/Black armor will be my set color scheme.

And the no sub. I love that I can buy the game now and stop playing whenever I want and pick it up again without wasting money. I often stop playing WoW at certain times because I go on vacation for a few weeks and don't want to waste my game time.

Deleted
    there's this guy on the internets making some great GW2 videos, amongst others he made a top 10 reasons to be interested in GW2:

and a secound top 10

In no order...

No sub
    Active dodging and blocking
    The way you get a new set of skills just by switching your weapon type
    No raiding
    No tanks or healers

- No subscription fee.
    - 'Next-generation' MMO
    - No holy trinity
    - Different weapons = different playstyle
    - More action-y and less just standing there and taking hits.

What do you all mean by Holy Trinity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Tank, healer and DPS, been required for a group.

OT: My top reason for GW2, Colin Johanson. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Tank, healer and DPS, been required for a group.

Ah like that, I tried to google it, and only received hits for The Holy Church. XD

I met Colin on Gamescom btw. He's indeed awesome.

There are no tanks or healers, everyone is pretty much a dps with the ability to heal and res in combat.

I'll try to mention some different ones since alot of the same answers are being brought up:
    1 - PvP sense of community (no battlegroups, so in WvWvW knowing the people you are PvPing with on your server may be meaningful)
    2 - True next gen MMO graphics
    3 - Sidekicking your level down so you can help your lower level buddies level up instead of having to roll a new character for the 932848th time
    4 - No bursting players down (from the videos I've seen, battles seem like no 2 shotting)
    5 - The fact that I saw a video of 3 engineers and 2 thieves complete a dungeon means you and your friends can actually play the classes you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

<---------------- yea .... same >_>.

I know that it's there. Just didn't get the point how it was connected to Holy Trinity

Top reason has to be the dynamic event chains. The idea that my actions actually have consequences in the world is just incredible. Everything else is second to that - immediately second. The skill system, the classes, the world in itself, the story, the encounters...

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello all and welcome to the subforum Guild Wars 2. I want to thank for the subforum we've received.

This topic will be about your top 5 things that you absolutely love about Guild Wars 2 and why people should buy the game.

5. No Subscription fee

I mean come on. Everyone would love a game where they put thousands of hours in and have only 1 price-tag on it.

4. Persistant World

It doesn't matter where you or the rest are. Something may stirr at the other side of the world suddenly.

3. World vs World vs World

Who doesn't like major war/combats?

2. Highly exciting Dynamic Events

Dragons, Ships, Pirates, Undead, Centaurs... and all on a rampage...

1. Storyline

Anyone who played GW1 active, know that the storyline was epic. And from what we know now, is that GW2's storyline is going to be epic too.

Well you nailed it down right there.
    The fact that Guild Wars 2 isn't trying to be WoW but make it on its own, to be itself, is what I really like about it.

Deleted
    It's all been said.
    But my absolutely favourite parts are that the holy trinity is gone, the combat system, the personal story, WvWvW and the persistent world. The fact that the monthly fee is gone is just a side bonus

1. Complete versatility through classes (Basically no holy trinity i mean)
    2. Sexy weapon system
    3. Dynamic events in PvP and PvE
    4. WvWvW I cannot friking wait
    5. Active combat system.

1. Dynamic combat
    2. No sub fee
    3. 8th prof - When its released I will be going all out on this bitch
    4. No sub classes woot
    5. Everything you do grants exp and you arnt restricted by level to have fun.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The artwork, it looks fantastic