Poll: Pve or PvP

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: PvE or PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PvE or PvP

Well, like the title says.

What will be your main focus in Diablo 3?

Personally I'm gonna level up to max and try out the PvP as fast as I can.

Deleted
    I have zero interest in PvP in D3... I will be playing it purely for the PvE.

Deleted
    PvP is bad for the game imo. So i will purely be playing the PvE content

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    -when people say “BARB IS TOTALLY OP!!!” we’re going to be like “yeah… he probably is.”
    Can't wait

PvE, and not just because it's what I prefer. It's also because the developers themselves have stated they don't really care for PvP: it's going to be in there, but they won't be balancing around it. Sir Punky's quote sums it up pretty well (it's a quote from the devs, I believe).

So yeah, go ahead and PvP if you like. Don't expect the constant balancing act that WoW is though.

PvE. The Dev's themselves say they don't give a crap about PvP balance, so why waste my time banging my head against the wall because I chose a class that can't PvP worth a damn?

Deleted
    There was no special balancing for PvP in D2 either :P

I will do some PvE with my friends too, so if PvP really sucks that hard, I can always do PvE stuff instead.
    At least gonna do the whole storyline at least twice :P

PvE.
    Never been fond of PvP in any game, highly doubt Diablo will change that.

WoW really turned me onto to PvP and LoL made me think that the Diablo-style PvP will be epic.

Definitely a mix between the too x) Can't forget the awesomeness of Pve

I just hope that the massive whining avbout balance for arenas won't turn the game into a madness balance-fest.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    People will just have to accept getting beaten to the ground by some specs.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

mostly PvE on hardcore. maybe a bit PvP on sof core and hard core. and yes - barbarian all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak View Post
    People will just have to accept getting beaten to the ground by some specs.
    That's exactly the problem Some people will never learn :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's exactly the problem Some people will never learn :P
    Well they've already said they will not be balancing the classes/specs around PvP at all so people will have to learn to live with it! I do anticipate a lot of QQ about PvP though.

There will be no reason to "QQ" about PvP. It should be the same as D2, you PvP because you want to, and you accept that some specs are awesome and broken and others aren't. Otherwise, you don't want to so you don't.

The reason people "QQ" in WoW is because PvP has direct rewards, epics, titles, mounts. And they've been playing their class for three years, and it sucks in PvP, well, they almost are justified in complaining. In Diablo 3, you should be able to get a level 60 in a matter of a few days, and if they keep PvP-only items out of the equation, you will have no reason not to make a Wizard if you want to PvP since your Witch Doctor sucks at it.

Hmm I never thought about Diablo as an PvP Game... oÔ
    Maybe I'll try it out a little bit later, to see what I've bought there, but my main focus will definitively be PvE.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

15+ Year Old Account
    All the pvp I did back in d2 was getting lagged to death by frozen orbs. fun times!

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    There will be no reason to "QQ" about PvP. It should be the same as D2, you PvP because you want to, and you accept that some specs are awesome and broken and others aren't. Otherwise, you don't want to so you don't.

The reason people "QQ" in WoW is because PvP has direct rewards, epics, titles, mounts. And they've been playing their class for three years, and it sucks in PvP, well, they almost are justified in complaining. In Diablo 3, you should be able to get a level 60 in a matter of a few days, and if they keep PvP-only items out of the equation, you will have no reason not to make a Wizard if you want to PvP since your Witch Doctor sucks at it.
    I sincerely hope all it goes like you have painted. I expect QQ nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I sincerely hope all it goes like you have painted. I expect QQ nontheless.
    Well, me too =p
    I expect them to add PvP related titles or achievements or something to that nature, and then people will be angry because they can't get "X" on their "main" (because frost wizards are so overpowered).

Ill roll with PvE main, and do PvP when Im bored of PvE (if I get bored off it) Ill atleast try PvP once.