Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Don't think you understand how hard it is to actually play GW2 for the first time after playing WoW for 6 years.

    It's nothing like playing WoW, it's very action based like an FPS. You have to constantly move, dodge and fire off attacks. Not stand still auto attacking, pressing 2-5 buttons like on WoW.
    The thing is, you know that, I know that, avg GW2 follower knows that and I bet you TB knows that - so when you play something why not make an effort for it then? Imho it was very poor effort from him, he was like umm righto....well fun! and stood there spamming 1 skill, ocasionally other ones.... He is an avid player of all games, but when I was watching the video even I had better game awareness and noticed spells off cd to be used and utilized....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    The thing is, you know that, I know that, avg GW2 follower knows that and I bet you TB knows that - so when you play something why not make an effort for it then? Imho it was very poor effort from him, he was like umm righto....well fun! and stood there spamming 1 skill, ocasionally other ones.... He is an avid player of all games, but when I was watching the video even I had better game awareness and noticed spells off cd to be used and utilized....
    To be fair, he was surrounded by people, having a conversation in one of the videos, commentating while playing, and exploring the environment, the UI, and generally just trying new things. Under those circumstances, I think he did fine.

  3. #43
    Yeah I would compare his non interview ones with his interview ones. The first PvP one he did was also an interview style one and yes, he doesn't play AS well when he's doing so. He doesn't have a lot of expereince with the game, and he certainly doesn't have much (if any at all) experience with the profession he may be showing. Add up all the stuff thats going on around him and what he's trying to do (which is get information out to us) and it's quite frankly understandable.

  4. #44
    I cast my vote for making this a stickey.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    stick this sticky icky stuck.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    To be fair, he was surrounded by people, having a conversation in one of the videos, commentating while playing, and exploring the environment, the UI, and generally just trying new things. Under those circumstances, I think he did fine.
    This, lighten up on the guy a bit. Sure, his play may be a bit subpar, but the videos have been pretty well done so far. (and there are quite a few)

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk Tenkachii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Al'Akir
    Posts
    1,843
    That's quite impressive, thanks :O

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Gj on the list Pyre, would love to have you as a mod on these forums.

  9. #49
    so, i was going through the elementalist videos, and i found a few which come up as broken links:

    Guild Wars 2 Charr Swimming : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZ6zPncrqU

    Guild Wars 2 - Gameplay + Mobille App Interview - HD : couldn't find a good link

    Guild Wars 2 Killing the Shadow Behemoth : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7MpNXaEMo

    GW2 Demo PAX East - Elementalist : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFAZ7hRlJs

    Guild Wars 2 PAX East Demo - More Elementalist! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmsJQzvCuA0


    As well, one of the videos under elementalist is actually a necro video

    Guild Wars 2: Necro Combat ~

    Oh also, i vote for this being sticky-ed as well

  10. #50
    Dreadlord Anthoren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    949
    God so many videos to fill the void in my heart by the lack of this game I have in my life. forever alone...

    Anyways great lists people x3.

  11. #51
    High Overlord mpaskin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    124
    You know whats strange? i don't remember seeing any charr Elementalist videos! do want!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by zackorion15 View Post
    so, i was going through the elementalist videos, and i found a few which come up as broken links:

    Guild Wars 2 Charr Swimming : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZ6zPncrqU

    Guild Wars 2 - Gameplay + Mobille App Interview - HD : couldn't find a good link

    Guild Wars 2 Killing the Shadow Behemoth : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7MpNXaEMo

    GW2 Demo PAX East - Elementalist : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFAZ7hRlJs

    Guild Wars 2 PAX East Demo - More Elementalist! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmsJQzvCuA0


    As well, one of the videos under elementalist is actually a necro video

    Guild Wars 2: Necro Combat ~

    Oh also, i vote for this being sticky-ed as well
    All those videos work for me, so I'm not sure why they aren't working for you.

    Fixed the incorrect link in the Ele bit.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    All those videos work for me, so I'm not sure why they aren't working for you.

    Fixed the incorrect link in the Ele bit.
    Strange, i just tried them again and for me they take me to youtube, but i get the "malformed video ID" page... i also tried directly copying the link address and pasting it to go to it and got the same.

    Edit: yeah when i copy the link address i get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7Mp...eature=related for the Guild Wars 2 Killing the Shadow Behemoth one (the others all give similar). i get the same thing on Mozilla and Chrome. As well i just tested it from another computer in the house and got the same thing.

    Edit2: >_> as another note:
    PAX East 2011 - Guild Wars 2 - Home Sweet Hoelbrak - Part 1
    PAX East 2011 - Guild Wars 2 - Home Sweet Hoelbrak - Part 2
    Both come up as 404 for me, when i copy their link addresses i see you linked them through the users channel, instead of directly to the video. as a recommendation, you should always just do links to the direct video page, and not through the related videos or user pages as it can at times causes issues, least in my experience.

    Sorry if i seem like a bother, i am just trying to help and make the thread as good as possible
    Last edited by zackorion15; 2011-10-02 at 02:31 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by zackorion15 View Post
    Strange, i just tried them again and for me they take me to youtube, but i get the "malformed video ID" page... i also tried directly copying the link address and pasting it to go to it and got the same.

    Edit: yeah when i copy the link address i get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7Mp...eature=related for the Guild Wars 2 Killing the Shadow Behemoth one (the others all give similar). i get the same thing on Mozilla and Chrome. As well i just tested it from another computer in the house and got the same thing.

    Edit2: >_> as another note:
    PAX East 2011 - Guild Wars 2 - Home Sweet Hoelbrak - Part 1
    PAX East 2011 - Guild Wars 2 - Home Sweet Hoelbrak - Part 2
    Both come up as 404 for me, when i copy their link addresses i see you linked them through the users channel, instead of directly to the video. as a recommendation, you should always just do links to the direct video page, and not through the related videos or user pages as it can at times causes issues, least in my experience.

    Sorry if i seem like a bother, i am just trying to help and make the thread as good as possible
    Fixed those Hoelbrak links, they should work now.

    The link you gave in that post gives me the same, but the videos further up work for me. Not sure why you're getting that if I'm not.

    I'll check all the video links later when I've got some free time, and fix/delete any broken links. If you find anymore not working just give me a heads up and I'll try get them fixed asap for you and the others.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Fixed those Hoelbrak links, they should work now.

    The link you gave in that post gives me the same, but the videos further up work for me. Not sure why you're getting that if I'm not.

    I'll check all the video links later when I've got some free time, and fix/delete any broken links. If you find anymore not working just give me a heads up and I'll try get them fixed asap for you and the others.
    mmk sure thing.

    An yeah it is quite odd that we get different things from using the same links.

    Well thanks again for the thread

  16. #56
    i smell a stickly

  17. #57
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    The list is missing the official "ArenaNet Retrospective Video" aka 10 year anniversary video
    Quite a good video that shows a bit of ArenaNet's history

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GwKGbNKQHE

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The list is missing the official "ArenaNet Retrospective Video" aka 10 year anniversary video
    Quite a good video that shows a bit of ArenaNet's history

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GwKGbNKQHE
    Added that video. (Damn 10char crap!)

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The list is missing the official "ArenaNet Retrospective Video" aka 10 year anniversary video
    Quite a good video that shows a bit of ArenaNet's history

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GwKGbNKQHE
    Holy balls. I didn't know Arenanet's history before this (I know, and I call myself a gamer). Their design philosophy makes so much more sense seeing how they started and how they run things. That's just.... there are no words for the mad respect I automatically have for Arenanet now. Makes me wish I liked more of their games!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    They've actually moved since then.
    MMO Report did a tour of the new studio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfY0KIWH-oU
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-10-05 at 02:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •