Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Recently started PvP in game and still have a ton of room to improve, but wanted to get some necro vids out there to share.
    I like to use footage from one match per video to keep it clean, and plan on making more videos as I improve. posted this on guru as well. hope you all enjoy these vids.

and just for fun, my lil asura ele
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Our thoughts on some of the zerg style gameplay we have been running into in explorable mode dungeons.

Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need some kind of crystal ball to be able to predict some of that 1-shot damage that randomly happens in boss fights so often. 90% of the time I don't even know what killed me, what was the dodge queue, what the hell even happened...and I've done atleast 5-6 runs in dungeons so far.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think we need some kind of crystal ball to be able to predict some of that 1-shot damage that randomly happens in boss fights so often. 90% of the time I don't even know what killed me, what was the dodge queue, what the hell even happened...and I've done atleast 5-6 runs in dungeons so far.
    I'm basically Arah and CoE (who even bothers running CoE nowadays?) away from having my full-clear, and I personally haven't had this issue (even from melee range). Group condition removal, enough toughness to take a couple hits, and damage mitigation (guardian walls, Mesmer Feedback, on the encounters with adds/waves something like smoke bomb).

You learn the tells, which mobs are the real threat which ones aren't.

Perfect example is the first pull after the spider in AC Explorable. The Breeder? Complete joke, not the first target. First target is one of the two scavengers before they completely destroy your team. Breeder powers up, that's when you toss a daze/stun/knockback/knockdown or any other interrupt you may have available. It will then wet noodle slap your face for a good solid 12~ seconds, before it does it again. That's its one single trick. People look at it as "omg summons adds must kill" and watch as 2-3 people die or at least go downed, 1-2 dying every single time I PuG it (despite called targets, oy), and just don't get why. Because they're not seeing a bigger picture of what's going on.

Apart from there being a skill barrier, there is a knowledge barrier here. And this one's on ANet. We need a death report like in sPvP to show what took us out, where that damage came from, so that the average player can look at that, view what killed them to help decide what is/isn't a threat, and start acting accordingly.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    GW2 Engineer tournament game + sPvP with commentary here from Tokyomurai, check him out!

Best Death Ever... Hand's down, no contest.

We were filming a Giveaway Winner announcement video at the time when this occured. Unfair was ticked at spending 5 minutes trying to make this jump, just to get brutally denied by the catapult, which by any imaginable physics should have NEVER been able to hit him!
    Short Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5HA5WqbCpM
    Full Video from start to end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTjKrlCkvnc
    There is no way that this should have happened, and the timing just makes it all the more perfect. Hope you guys get as many laughs out of this as we did =)

OMG... did that really... wait, BAHAHAHAHA

Fucking awesome. Just wow. I can't even believe... wow.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Trebuchet out of fucking nowhere!
    Well that guy must've pretty much thrown his keyboard out the window.

Deleted
    Cant Stop The Churn - Ele tournament PvP

made a new vid of some necro pvp. really enjoying making these vids, and will keep puttin em out.

Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Deleted
    Cant Stop The Chop, making it rain with Bow!

Deleted
    A Thief Video with a bursty build - crits up to 18k here are really fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Can any prof other than Thief pull that kind of bullshit burst?

Can any prof other than Thief pull that kind of bullshit burst?
    Thief has the best burst and because of it, it doesn't promote build variety. That is all you are going to see from theives in.

In terms of next burst I think it goes warrior - mesmer - ranger - everythingelse

Deleted
    That build is full glass cannon (It uses: 5 Might from traited Steal -> Stealth -> 150% Dmg Signet + Backstab). It can 2 shot people, but thief using it can get 2 shoted if he/she does not do perfect “in and out” timing. Most likely we will see nerf on Assassins Signet soon.

To counter for that is simple: when you face off against a thief and he/she goes to stealth -> dodge forward. Forcing him/her to turn around and reposition. Often this simple maneuver causes wasted CDs for thief and now you have the advantage. The backstab thief’s greatest strength is also his/her greatest weakness. He/she has to be in stealth. If you deny him/her that you win the match. The problem is people freeze up or they have the situational awareness of a lemming.

Also, videos for thieves and everyone who wants to learn how to counter them. ^_^ Dagger dagger:

More nice videos from Rainythief: http://www.youtube.com/user/rainythief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    The problem is people freeze up or they have the situational awareness of a lemming.
    Or they have 250-300ms ping due to being located in Oceanic regions and therefore can't dodge anything for shit

Deleted
    Or they have 250-300ms ping due to being located in Oceanic regions and therefore can't dodge anything for shit
    That is when you start campaigning for Oceanic Servers. It worked for SWTOR, why not for Guild Wars 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    That is when you start campaigning for Oceanic Servers. It worked for SWTOR, why not for Guild Wars 2?
    Because there are no oceanic servers. Pretty sure all oceanic players are merged into NA servers.

Deleted
    Cant Stop The Churn staff Elementalist Kyhlo PoV tournament PvP

Deleted
    Our latest interview however, I am interviewing Slashgate this time!