Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My point was it doesn't weigh 5lbs

You will need at least x5 that much to break the motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Packaging is neat too. :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 11:33 AM ----------

Holy Mother of God. That is one big heatsink. Won't this rip my mobo apart with it's weight? : O
    Haha the Hyper 212+ is one of the smaller aftermarket coolers. There's actually some that can weigh a couple of pounds. The manufacturer Scythe makes some of the biggest ones out there. A popular one is the Mugen 2 which is one of the higher end air coolers out there, but it weighs nearly 2 pounds without any fans (which it can hold up to 4 fans), and competes with stuff like the Noctua NH-D14 which was the best air cooler last time I looked.

They also have stuff like this ludicrous thing which I am glad they don't make it past the prototype model.

Anyhow I use the 212+ myself and it is an awesome cooler. I think I got it for around $20 and got an extra fan for it to get better performance. One thing you should check out before installing it is this article on thermal paste application. When I first installed my 212+ the temperatures were good but I noticed many people were getting better and I read about that method and it helped the temperatures out nicely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    ounces? Your ability to gauge weight is a bit off
    That's the downside of using multiple systems of measurements all over the world :P.
    In the Netherlands for example, an ounce is 100 grams. According to the spec-sheet, the Hyper 212+ weighs 626 grams.
    That would make it 6,26 ounces, which would validate the terminology of 'a couple'.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
    That's the downside of using multiple systems of measurements all over the world :P.
    In the Netherlands for example, an ounce is 100 grams. According to the spec-sheet, the Hyper 212+ weighs 626 grams.
    That would make it 6,26 ounces, which would validate the terminology of 'a couple'.
    Since when has 'a couple' equated to 6? Oh wait, Netherlands.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    You will need at least x5 that much to break the motherboard.
    or 3x Noctua NH-D14

Deleted
    Since when has 'a couple' equated to 6? Oh wait, Netherlands.
    I don't know since when, since I don't know when it became common use in the English language. I just know it's defined as such in the dictionary.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple

Definition 4: an indefinite small number : few <a couple of days ago>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
    I don't know since when, since I don't know when it became common use in the English language. I just know it's defined as such in the dictionary.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple

Definition 4: an indefinite small number : few <a couple of days ago>
    Yeah, the idiom definition equates to 'a few', everything else = 2. I would say Hyper 212+ weighs several ounces though.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    I did it! I installed it succesfully! Temps now are way better. Had to take out the mobo to do it however. It's making more sound now but I don't care, as long as it's cool. 24-25c while browsing mmo-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    24-25c while browsing mmo-champ.
    oh man, watch out, pushing the boundaries.

Deleted
    oh man, watch out, pushing the boundaries.
    Stupid temp sensors, Core temp reports all the cores being 98c now -.- Great, it bugged out. Won't report anything anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 03:04 PM ----------

35-45c under load, playing Assasins Creed Brotherhood. Very nice.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-09-27 at 02:42 PM.

It's loud because the fan is probably at 100% by default.
    Set it to something like 30-40% from the BIOS and it will be fine.

Fan controllers are nice. My Zalman came with one. Turn the knob - increase fan speed. I haven't even OC'd my i5 2500k yet, but the Zalman is there for the Skyrim when I need it. Otherwise, I'm playing Dragon Age 2 with everything maxed easily. And my desktop is faced the wrong way, so seeing inside is all for naught; SAD! Blue LED's make me happy. Got the G110 set to all blue keys too...

Congrats on your new piece of equipment. Throw a party! Am I invited? I'll bring the drinks, chips, and my Desktop so we can play "who has the cooler desktop" game.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-09-27 at 07:40 PM.

Hyper 212+ is HUGE... (and more than a few oz)

Cant put in a stick of RAM because of it :-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post

It looks small compared to my CPU cooler :P the arctic cooling freezer extreme ( http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/57/.html )

Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post

This isn't the cooler's fault, its your motherboard's fault for having RAM slots too close to the CPU :P

All kidding aside, the Hyper 212+ is actually very, very small in terms of tower CPU heatsinks, yet it has some stellar performance for the price.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 212+ is a damned near impossible fucker to install without the help of a friend. I will never get another 212+.. kind of glad I lost one of the little stand-offs or whatever for mine. But congrats on doing it! Now download RealTemp. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Next step: getting another fan for MORE overclocking!

We are fine with success posts, but please. Keep it on-topic. We don't need to get derailed into discussions of how many 'a few' are.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    We are fine with success posts, but please. Keep it on-topic. We don't need to get derailed into discussions of how many 'a few' are.
    We were discussing how many 'a couple' were thank you very much.

Do not Derail. Warning was given. Semantics are irrelevant. On topic discussion only please.
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-09-28 at 05:08 AM.