Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] What's next for Bleach? *Spoiler*

Alright so Ichigo and Co. defeated the "Invading Army" and unfortunately Nozomi had to die. Ichigo got his power back (temporarily?). So what's next? Clearly the anime does not follow the manga or that story gets even crazier than this arc. Anyone know?
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

From what i can tell (having watched this filler and read the anime) its a temporary thing he will get his powers back later (in such an awesome way) apologies for any spoilers here btw :P

I think this filler (as awesome as it is) is still just a filler and the anime will get back to the manga story line as soon as its done :P

the anime does follow the manga loosely just like any other anime/manga series and if i remember right ichigo fight aizen again but dont remember exactly anymore

Deleted
    Hell arc next afaik

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    the anime does follow the manga loosely just like any other anime/manga series and if i remember right ichigo fight aizen again but dont remember exactly anymore
    Yeah I was wondering why the baddie in this arc didn't just release Aizen. I'm sure at this point Aizen wouldn't mind destroying Soul Society after all that's been done to him!

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Hell arc next afaik
    Yeah that's what the manga was showing. Good, now its predictable!
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Was this arc even worth watching? When I saw it didn't follow the manga I didn't even give it a chance.

It sounds like you don't read the manga? It's all about Ichigo being in the real world. He's lost his soul reaper powers, so he doesn't even have the ability to see other soul reapers anymore. There's a group of people that find him though and they tell him they can help him get his powers back. They aren't soul reapers, but they have a completely new type of power that hasn't been seen yet called a "fullbring". They help Ichigo to bring out his fullbring power. There's more that happens but I don't really want to ruin it, and I gave you enough for the jist of the story.

Personally I've enjoyed the fullbring arc a lot so far, I know some people are just kind of like 'wtf why am I still reading this?' though
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-09-27 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    As we know, the current arc is a filler, the next set will probably be back followingh the manga and showing what happens to Ichigo and co after the Aizen arc, (I'm not saying what happens in the manga, if you want to find out, go read it somewhere ^_^)

*spoiler time*

The anime arc that's currently playing is NOT part of the main storyline, much like the Bount arc, or the walking talking lame-ass Zanpakutou arc, it's filler - it exists purely to pad out the time till more story is written. The way it works in the manga at the moment is that Aizen is defeated, then Naruto/Shippuuden style we have a break and rejoin Ichigo and the cast some time later (the character designs are slightly changed to make them look a little older). Then we have the new storyline which is the Fullbring story arc.

Ergo, anime = Aizen defeat > filler to allow more story written > joins up to Fullbring arc
    And manga = Aizen defeat > Fullbring arc

This is how it works with most popular anime series, it doesn't mean they are not following the manga, just that they're adding in extra (often much lower quality) content so the show doesn't have to go on hiatus.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Shinigami Daikō Shōshitsu Arc starts October 11. Hell Arc was for the 4th Bleach movie.

What's next for the Anime? Just like they said, the Fullbring Arc.
    And the Fullbring Arc is awesome, full of crazy ass superhumans, and Ichigo getting his powers back, plus a huge power-up because his real body is stronger.
    Most of the Soul Reapers get a power-up. None of them have pulled the BANKAI trump card out yet, so it's great. That's one thing I was getting annoyed with about everything from when they first introduced Bankai. A fight starts: BANKAI!!!! Except the hardcore guy, Kenpachi. He just let his badass-ness flow through to kill people.

Sorry if I spoiled anything, I tried not to. If you want major spoilers, ask for them.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well who is the next main badguy after Aizen (in the manga). It seem like everything in the entire show was all one giant arc, is the next arc even as good? Feels like it should have ended there.

i won't give you that, but he's a human that uses fullbring. and ichigo gets fullbring powers, which is basically: you get your fullbring power. it's a superhuman power. you have to train your stamina in your human body to be able to use it, and train your strength and basically everything. then your body will transform, you have a half fullbring, kind of like the zanpaktou's second form, right before bankai. then you have your full fullbring, which is like a bankai. you get super charged with power and everyone's fullbring is different, just like bankai. right now, we're nearing the end of the arc with a huge battle. it's awesome

i changed my mind, the main villain is the other substitute shinigami. but i won't tell you who that is.

you should totally read the full anime, you fill in some missing plot, it's WAY better than the anime. and you get to know anime spoilers! there are currently 466 chapters, and they're just AWESOME. plus the original pilot chapter, with the fairy rukia. SO CUTE. <3 rukia

soo does anyone know were i can find the lastest bleach movie subbed? the hell one or somthing

I dont know if I am allowed to link it here but search for bleachget on google. there is a list of all episodes and movies, jap dub eng sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    no offence to anyone, but asking advice about girls on a WoW forum is not a good idea

As for Aizen, simply the fact he is still alive implies that we will see him again.

Next up is the 'Lost Shinigami Substitute' arc, the one that is currently spotlight of the manga.

Really, I used to be able to watch the anime, but nowadays it's only the manga I read. After Ulquiorra v.s. Ichigo it all just went to.. <yeah> for me. Only fight worth watching after that (in my opinion) was Ichigo v.s. Aizen. But it's not like I could say that was even a real fight. IT was more just Ichigo badly humiliating Aizen before using overkill to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    As for Aizen, simply the fact he is still alive implies that we will see him again.
    You should've heard what Renji said last bleach chapter.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

I hate filler... this Bleach arc wasn't that bad but I can't get into it knowing it's ultimately pointless.

It's no where near as bad as the current Naruto filler... it's like Naruto and One Piece had a love child that some how managed to suck.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

They need to end Bleach already. When am I going to get a proper fighting anime ending like Yu Yu Hakusho did?

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    They need to end Bleach already. When am I going to get a proper fighting anime ending like Yu Yu Hakusho did?
    Well, that is just like.. your opinion man.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    I get the feeling there will be extended farewells between Ichigo and his friends in Soul Society as his powers fade away (for a second time in the anime, urgh) which I think will be nice because the goodbye between Ichi and Rukia was really sudden in the manga. Then we'll probably have some comic filler with the "Bwahaha" Guy (forgive me for forgetting his name), see Ichigo start school again after that '17-months later everyone has a new hairdo' episode, maybe see an episode with Chad approached by the Fullbring and then the proper animation of the Fullbring arc (current manga plot) will start.

That's what I predict anyways.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2011-10-04 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Tried to Reply With Quote but just added my response to this post by accident!! Derp!