Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Hall of Monuments Progress

The Hall of Monuments is an explorable area that commemorates character and account acquisitions and accomplishments. Available only to accounts that are linked to Eye of the North, it is the only area in the game that is personalized to the leader of the party. Five distinct monuments allow players to show off certain weapons, all miniatures, most heroes and some pets, various prestige armor, and player titles. The hall also serves to kickoff key quests in Eye of the North and for dialogue and quests related to Guild Wars Beyond.
    More importantly for many players, filling one's Hall of Monuments is the only way to unlock a number of Guild Wars 2 bonus items and titles.

How's your progress into the HoM and what do you still need? Are you actually progressing still? Or just waiting for Guild Wars 2. The idea of this topic is to give tips and help to others who seek it. Find groups and teams to progress into the things you still need to get, in order for some extra points into your Hall of Monuments.

I've achieved 30 points about a month ago, and would like to share my strategy for it.

Copy-pasted from my post in the main thread:

Thats how I got that points. Of course prices fluctuate and might actually be higher now. Also make sure you have good team of solid heroes, it will make everything much easier.

"Devotion" - 5 pts
    - one rare miniature. Rurik, Shiro or celestial rabbit are good choices 40-60k
    - one unique miniature. Get Bone Dragon 50k
    - 18 random common miniature. Prices vary from 2-10k

"Fellowship" - 6 pts
    - basic heroes from Nightfall are easiest to upgrade. Jin, Sousuke, Dunkoro, Koss & Melonni can be upgraded with Stolen Sunspear Armor, and you get that by defeating Guild Lords in Dajkah Inlet.
    - rare pet, Black Moa was easiest for me
    - Animal Companion. Create Ranger for PvP, put Charm Animal on his/hers skill bar. Go to Zaishen Menagerie Grounds and release your pet. Log on your main, and go get that wolf who will be lv 20 already.

Okay to clarify this.

Create a PvP character (it is fastest that way) that is either primary or secondary Ranger. Make sure that you have "Charm Animal" on your skillbar and head to Zaishen Menagerie Grounds on Battle Isles. There talk to NPC Emryd The Tamer - you will add lv 20 wolf on your account.

Then log on your main PvE character, again either primary or secondary ranger, and go back to Menagerie Grounds. This time talk to Wynn The Zaishen Training Captain, who will summon few lv 20 wolves for you to tame. You can then add one to your HoM as "Animal Companion".

Remember that you can change your secondary proffesion

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Profe...ry_professions

- if you have (and you should) all 3 campagins, you can acquire M.O.X. at level 10, and add him to HoM as he is already upgraded
    - other heroes are more costly, if you are impatient, just buy armor from other players. Cloths of Brotherhood should go for no higher than 5k

"Honor" - 11 pts
    - 3 pts for connecting accounts
    - clear all 3 campagins (not EOTN) to get 3 titles (Eternal Hero of...), Factions is obviously the fastest (13 missions).
    - getting Master Reward for every mission in a campagin is of course another title
    - 3 pts for any PvP title. 200 zaishen keys will net you one. Takes time but it is easiest.

"Resilience" - 5 pts
    - remember that you DONT need headgear in armor set.
    - easiest one to get is Ancient Armor from Bone Palace
    - EOTN factions also have quite cheap sets, just get to rank 5.
    - Delver armor doesnt count!
    - when deciding whether to get Kurzick or Luxon armor take note of amber/jadeite market price, take one that is cheapest of course
    - if you dont have a lot of money or ecto dont get Vabbian or Obsidian armor,

"Valor" - 3 pts
    - finishing "War in Kryta" gives one Oppresor Weapon (10 Medals of Honor).
    - for me getting one Destroyer weapon was much easier and cheaper than Tormented

Hope it helped a bit and sorry for grammar. Good luck!
    ::EDIT:: added more info about "Animal Companion"
    Last edited by Moralio; 2011-10-03 at 03:23 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got my pts for the Fiery Dragon Sword and "Heirloom" gear and just waiting for GW2.
    [P] [85:Manintty-Sha]: like your pretty much a tank god

I used to be good at this game
    Washed up Top 20 US player

Deleted
    I'm at 23. I need to buy some hero armors and do some serious vanquishing and exploration while I'm at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    A measly 3. >.< I really want to get to 25.

I'm at 37 myself, going for 40. Then it will depend on how long the release will take, or I'll might go for 45.

Deleted
    On 9 at the moment, want to get up to 20, but depends really if/wehn I get to play.

Is Guild Wars fun, or is it just the grinding-for-points feeling you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Is Guild Wars fun, or is it just the grinding-for-points feeling you get?
    The game itself is fun. Spend about 3000-4000 hours in it in about 4 Years. However if you want to achieve stuff quickly for your HoM. It'll be a grindfest yes. If you play the game like you should. It's definitely not.

Aiming for 28, but only have 10 at the moment, but working on it slowly. Once I finish Factions and Prophecies, my progress should go a little faster. My only issue is that Dervishes can't get the Elite Luxon or Kerzick armor, that I've seen, but I'll make up for that somehow.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2011-09-27 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this essentially a link to current GW1 players that would make them buy/earn things in GW2 or i am terribly wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on 4 atm, me and my mate cant catch eachother online, for him to boost me though campaigns and stuff. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Is this essentially a link to current GW1 players that would make them buy/earn things in GW2 or i am terribly wrong?
    It's a way to award GW1 players for their time spent in the original game with a little cosmetic reward (armor/weapon skins and titles).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    I've achieved 30 points about a month ago, and would like to share my strategy for it.

Copy-pasted from my post in the main thread:
    Few things I would change from that list is that instead getting 200 Z-Keys, finish fellowship for +2 points and buy one tormented weapon for +1 point. 200 Z-Keys is worth 1million where for example tormented weapon is worth 150k-160k and hero armors are very cheap. Oh and for green mini pet you can get http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Black_Moa_Chick instead buying one that will save you some gold for other points.
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2011-09-27 at 02:10 PM.

I'm at 22 atm and will probably stop at 30. For me the main list is finish geting my luxon/kurzic armor, grab 1 more armor set, finish my Zkeys, finish my black moa mini and capture the black moa and black widow ranger pets (only thing missing from my felowship tab)

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melfeth View Post
    Essentially, how long would it take to grind those 50 points?
    After 30 you only get a title for every 5 points, so a full 50 isn't really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Oh it will be huge... actually I would say it would probably take you 6 months or so if you never played the game before.
    Only 6? Hell, just to farm Obsidian armor will take 6 months if you start on 0. Unless you buy all the materials you can get. Getting the titles up to max will be insane.

3/30 cause i really slow :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well things have changed, you get money much easier now that you used to (Zaishen quests and stuff) but you are right 6 months is on the low side since he basically needs to get every title possible and that will probably take much longer.

Ah right.. the zaishen stuff... never was arsed to do those.. boring requests etc.