Poll: The big Four

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I think they're all awful.
    You must dislike the genre in general. I do and I just voted on all of them for lolz

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Wow, dude, did you smoke, like, a truckload of crack before posting? Even a DEAF MAN can tell the differences between Paul Di'Anno, Blaze Bayley, and Bruce fucking Dickinson.

Are you seriously so hard of hearing you can't tell the difference between these 3 guys:
    Bruce Dickinson:

Paul Di'Anno:

Blaze Bayley:

Also, to Zirusianna, you said this "Judas Priest got inspired by Iron Maiden to move away from the glam-like rock they played, and they released their British Steel album in 1980 (as far as I remember)" you remember wrong bro. Iron Maiden's first album came out in '80. Priest released Sad Wings of Destiny in 1976, Sin After Sin in 1977, and Stained Class in 1978, and those albums weren't glam rock. See here:
    1976(love the lead riff in this song!):

1977:

And Venziir...Gary Holt isn't from Testament, he's from Exodus, heh.
    Derp! Exodus not Testament, urgh /facepalm... I know that, urgh morning confusion :P And yeah Priest released music before Maiden did, but Maiden have, to be fair, played and toured since '75.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 11:27 AM ----------

I think they're all awful.
    Gtfo........

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Would really like to see them all in one concert. Tho prefering Metallica any day. Those guys just know how to push the shit out of the crowd
    All four bands was actually touring together during the summer under the banner "The Big Four"

I'm a broke ass mofo so when they played Norway there was no way in hell I could afford it :'(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Heh to qoute Manowar - "I walked inside so I could hear, and the guy besides me gave me a beer, he had his fist up in the air and called me brother, said my friends are over there. They called themselves immortal, they are the truest of the true. And in that very moment I was born again like YOU! For heavy metal we will die!"... Corny as it is, it does capture the spirit of unison.... Oh and as for Judas Priest - they are awesome, simple as that, I'm so bummed that I missed them on their current Epitaph tour.
    Die for Metal really captures the essence of the metal culture. I am still amazed of how good it is.
    Oh, and I saw Judas Priest on their Epitaph tour, and I must say, it is the best concert I have seen, period. But I hope that they, sometime in the future, throws another tour, just for fun, so you can join in and see them

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The lack of Iron Maiden... displeases me.

But I suppose if I must choose between these lesser things, I shall go with Metallica.
    Just exactly HOW MANY TIMES do we *need* to state what exactly the "Big Four" is?! >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The lack of Iron Maiden... displeases me.

But I suppose if I must choose between these lesser things, I shall go with Metallica.
    The lack of iron maiden is because iron maiden arent part of the big 4.

Hell, if you asked iron maiden who the big 4 are they would say metallica, megadeth, anthrax and slayer. Its not about the 4 best bands, its the name of the 4 bands together!
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    All four bands was actually touring together during the summer under the banner "The Big Four"

I'm a broke ass mofo so when they played Norway there was no way in hell I could afford it :'(
    Heh and I couldn't see them in Sweden, bastards skipped Denmark QQ

Derp! Exodus not Testament, urgh /facepalm... I know that, urgh morning confusion :P And yeah Priest released music before Maiden did, but Maiden have, to be fair, played and toured since '75.
    Yeah, but Priest was playing before '76 too, and anyways, Maiden didn't really start getting any recognition for what they were doing till '77, that's still a year after Sad Wings was released. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying later on Priest didn't take any cues from Maiden, I was simply contradicting the other guy who said Priest "played glam until 1980 when Maiden inspired them to change".

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Die for Metal really captures the essence of the metal culture. I am still amazed of how good it is.
    Oh, and I saw Judas Priest on their Epitaph tour, and I must say, it is the best concert I have seen, period. But I hope that they, sometime in the future, throws another tour, just for fun, so you can join in and see them
    Even though they keep saying they are too old, they still say they'll keep writing music - I don't think they'll actually ever stop touring, they love it too much.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 11:30 AM ----------

Yeah, but Priest was playing before '76 too, and anyways, Maiden didn't really start getting any recognition for what they were doing till '77, that's still a year after Sad Wings was released.
    Aye aye, not to mention things really didn't happen for 'Maiden until '82 with Bruce and "Number of the Beast".

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    You must dislike the genre in general. I do and I just voted on all of them for lolz
    Can we please get the trolls out of here!?

Yeah, Maiden started gaining recognition among the underground scene in 77, released their first album in 80 and people started noticing, then NotB hit in '82, and from then on out...Maiden were superstars.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Maiden started gaining recognition among the underground scene in 77, released their first album in 80 and people started noticing, then NotB hit in '82, and from then on out...Maiden were superstars.
    And Di'anno was back to being a janitor or whatever :P

Gtfo........
    I wouldn't even have taken the time to post in a metal thread if OP just made it clear that it was about a collective of 4 metal bands.

Can we please get the trolls out of here!?
    This guy also had no clue what this thread about (I assume) so his reaction as someone that does not like this genre is perfectly explainable.

And Di'anno was back to being a janitor or whatever :P
    Di'Anno has been pretending like he's still in Maiden for like 3 decades now. He has(or had? Dunno if they're still active) a solo band called "Killers"(wonder where the name came from), which did a lot of Maiden-ish stuff(and played a lot of Di'Anno's Maiden era songs live), though their Murder One album actually isn't too bad. He also put out a lot of solo stuff, which featured....a lot of Maiden covers, he's appeared on several Maiden tribute albums...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even have taken the time to post in a metal thread if OP just made it clear that it was about a collective of 4 metal bands.

This guy also had no clue what this thread about (I assume) so his reaction as someone that does not like this genre is perfectly explainable.
    The "Big Four" has been an official, established term since the mid-80's, your ignorance is no excuse.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 11:53 AM ----------

Di'Anno has been pretending like he's still in Maiden for like 3 decades now. He has(or had? Dunno if they're still active) a solo band called "Killers"(wonder where the name came from), which did a lot of Maiden-ish stuff(and played a lot of Di'Anno's Maiden era songs live), though their Murder One album actually isn't too bad. He also put out a lot of solo stuff, which featured....a lot of Maiden covers, he's appeared on several Maiden tribute albums...
    The man is crazy and from the few interviews I've seen with him - regarding Iron Maiden, he could give Dave Mustaine a run for his money.

The "Big Four" has been an official, established term since the mid-80's, your ignorance is no excuse.
    And what in the right mind makes you think that someone that does not like metal at all to know anything about this? Your ignorance is no excuse to be so hostile towards the people that do not know of this "Big Four".

15+ Year Old Account
    Metallica --> Slayer --> I don't really like anthrax and megadeth

I see your Big 4 doesn't have the best metal band of all time: Hoobastank.

Deleted
    I'll instigate I'll free your mind. I'll show you what I've known all this time. God Hates Us ALLLLLLL!

Megadeth FTW.

Metallica disbanded after "...and justice for all" or at least they should have done so.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I see your Big 4 doesn't have the best metal band of all time: Hoobastank.
    Standard american rock =/= 80's thrash metal :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meubass View Post
    Megadeth FTW.

Metallica disbanded after "...and justice for all" or at least they should have done so.
    Nonsense and rubbish. "Countdown to Extinction" was as much Megadeth making a hard-rock record as Metallica making "Black Album", both records share a strong similarity, especially looking at the similiarities between "Rust in Peace" and "... And Justice For All".
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-09-29 at 12:20 PM.