View Poll Results: The big Four

Voters
416. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anthrax

    30 7.21%
  • Metallica

    279 67.07%
  • Megadeth

    97 23.32%
  • Slayer

    79 18.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    High Overlord Galvanise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Derby/Leicester
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Slayer's material up to Raining Blood was superb and some of the best thrash ever. Anthrax has remained the most consistent. Megadeth has turned into "The Dave Mustaine Experience", last good album imo was Youthanasia, which is my favorite by them. Metallica will never be as good as they were with Cliff Burton and should stop trying.
    My fav album by them, Youthansia is by far my fav ^^

  2. #42
    I went with Metallica and Slayer. I listened to Metallica for quite a long time in the past, so got the point for that, but currently I'm way more into Slayer, although I don't really enjoy them THAT much.

    Anthrax is just something I haven't listened to much and Megadeth.. meh :/ I just don't enjoy them.

    "If you wear a rabbit's foot, remember that it had four of them, and they didn't do any good for it."
    0101010001101000011001010010000001000111011000010110110101100101

  3. #43
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Slayer's material up to Raining Blood was superb and some of the best thrash ever. Anthrax has remained the most consistent. Megadeth has turned into "The Dave Mustaine Experience", last good album imo was Youthanasia, which is my favorite by them. Metallica will never be as good as they were with Cliff Burton and should stop trying.
    Sorry what? Anthrax the most consistent? They started out as thrash, then went rap-metal, then grunge-metal then back to semi-thrash, then back to rap-metal, then back to thrash, how is that consistent? And I know this is all opinions, but saying that the best Megadeth album is anything but "Rust in Peace" is crazy talk. The Slayer material up till "Reign in Blood" (Raining Blood is the song, not the record) is much closer to angry punk that specific thrash, and Metallica will never be as good as... Oh that's new.... Nonsense.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 12:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tate View Post
    I went with Metallica and Slayer. I listened to Metallica for quite a long time in the past, so got the point for that, but currently I'm way more into Slayer, although I don't really enjoy them THAT much.

    Anthrax is just something I haven't listened to much and Megadeth.. meh :/ I just don't enjoy them.
    Megadeth is a tough one, I had a hard time getting into both Megadeth and Anthrax, but now... I just can't get enough to be honest.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  4. #44
    during the 80's: Metallica

    full discography: Megadeth>Anthrax (their new album is awesome)>Slayer/Metallica

    ...last good album imo was Youthanasia
    Endgame is their last great album. sooo good.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord Fuelled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    893
    Metallica for zee winz!

  6. #46
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well while trying not to sound disrespectful, every single band of the Big Four is running cirlces around those three :P
    But I'm actually glad you brought up KoRn, while most people are unaware of the influence and role Anthrax has played, most of the KoRn'esque, nu-metal, industrial, rap-attempting bands would never have existed, even though little tribute is ever really paid towards Anthrax.
    Well we are a small country and although most of the great big old bands have come to visit, like Maiden, Manowar, Scorpions, last AC/DC concert was in Bulgaria, yes, their very last, and so on. I preffer the new wave in rock like Korn, Nightwish, Linkin Park (1st 2 albums, later on they are just sucky), Manson, Slipknot (who were suppposed to come but due to unrealistic ticket prices and not too many ppl going, declined) and for me these are the bands I adore. Still the big 4 rocked the whole town that night and I am glad I was a part of it

  7. #47
    High Overlord Galvanise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Derby/Leicester
    Posts
    184
    it would depend on what I'm feeling for what band to come up top , confused = Anthrax, Anger = Slayer, Happy = Metallica, Sorrow = megadeth ... my opinion and on that you can not change

  8. #48
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerax View Post
    Well we are a small country and although most of the great big old bands have come to visit, like Maiden, Manowar, Scorpions, last AC/DC concert was in Bulgaria, yes, their very last, and so on. I preffer the new wave in rock like Korn, Nightwish, Linkin Park (1st 2 albums, later on they are just sucky), Manson, Slipknot (who were suppposed to come but due to unrealistic ticket prices and not too many ppl going, declined) and for me these are the bands I adore. Still the big 4 rocked the whole town that night and I am glad I was a part of it
    I saw the show in the cinema and was blown away, then the day after I was incredible annoyed that a lot of the songs had been edited out, and that it was far from a live performance, despite the fact that it had been advertised as a direct live satelite broadcast, when it fact - it was not. I don't blame the bands, I blame the guys who were behind the broadcasting.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise View Post
    it would depend on what I'm feeling for what band to come up top , confused = Anthrax, Anger = Slayer, Happy = Metallica, Sorrow = megadeth ... my opinion and on that you can not change
    Heh, I agree on the "confusion = anthrax" hehe... State of Mind - Euphoriaaaaaah!
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    Endgame is their last great album. sooo good.
    I didn't like Endgame. The playing was skillful I don't deny, but it had NO flow to it, a lot of the songs sounded like random riffs and solos from 4 different songs just thrown together haphazardly. I liked United Abominations for the most part, System Has Failed was kinda spotty but still overall pretty enjoyable, but Endgame just...bored me. The new album doesn't sound mindblowing(I think it's safe to say they will never put out something as good as RiP), but based on what I've heard from it, it sounds like an improvement over Endgame at least.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden.
    Posts
    470
    Saw the big four live in July earlier this year, and it was fucking awesome!

    Metallica was the best though, however im not saying the others were bad.
    Metallica > Megadeth > Anthrax > Slayer imo.

    Edit: Slayer and Anthrax switched places. Also, Megadeth is pretty close to Anthrax.
    Last edited by Pwntatoes; 2011-09-27 at 06:33 PM.

  11. #51
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I didn't like Endgame. The playing was skillful I don't deny, but it had NO flow to it, a lot of the songs sounded like random riffs and solos from 4 different songs just thrown together haphazardly. I liked United Abominations for the most part, System Has Failed was kinda spotty but still overall pretty enjoyable, but Endgame just...bored me. The new album doesn't sound mindblowing(I think it's safe to say they will never put out something as good as RiP), but based on what I've heard from it, it sounds like an improvement over Endgame at least.
    Endgame is what happens when Dave doesn't have Dave Junior around, a lot of skillfully, but BORING songs.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    Saw the big four live in July earlier this year, and it was fucking awesome!

    Metallica was the best though, however im not saying the others were bad.
    Metallica > Anthrax > Slayer > Megadeth imo.
    Aye, if anything Anthrax is amazing live.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #52
    I will say out of the Big 4, Worship Music looks pretty set to be the best of the 4 band's newest releases.

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,843
    Megadeth and Metallica ties for 1st (voted Megadeth, just because I knew everyone would vote Metallica)

    Anthrax comes right after, very close call.

    Don't really care for Slayer anymore, became all too boring and repetive, and Lombardo is the only noteworthy musician in the band.

    Out of their most recent albums, Anthrax has the best one though, Worship is just a phenomenal record. Magnetic and Endgame are good too, I just became tired of Magnetic because of the dull production. World painted blood has 1 riff thats good (Hate Worldwide right after solo), rest of the album is the same stuff. TH1RT3EN sounds like it will be better than Endgame from what we've heard those far (Public Enemy No.1, Never Dead), so definately looking forward to it, especially with Ellefson back.

    Best albums per band:

    Metallica: Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, The Black Album.
    Slayer: Show no Mercy, Reign in Blood, Seasons in the Abyss.
    Megadeth: Rust in Peace, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia.
    Anthrax: Among the Living, Persistence of Time, Worship Music.

    Check these albums out if you're trying to get into these bands, they're all their trademark albums.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2011-09-27 at 01:50 PM.

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,542
    I've always said early metallica>megadeth. But overall, metallica have sucked hairy donkey balls (go listen to their latest song. I nearly died of laughter).

    So, Megadeth, altho I really love some of Slayer's stuff, and a bit of Anthrax, just not as much. I just feel that Megadeth have stayed good, okay, the remake of A Tout Le Monde was ABYSMAL (why dave, why, and wtf was up with that dad dancing?), but generally, they are still decent. Also, also, also, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying and Rust in Peace were AMAZING albums. Plus Peace Sells was the first bassline I learned, so it has a special place in my heart.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

  15. #55
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I will say out of the Big 4, Worship Music looks pretty set to be the best of the 4 band's newest releases.
    Worship music is amazing, "In the End" with "Hymn 1" before it is some of the best music I've heard in a looooooooooooooong time.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    I've always said early metallica>megadeth. But overall, metallica have sucked hairy donkey balls (go listen to their latest song. I nearly died of laughter).

    So, Megadeth, altho I really love some of Slayer's stuff, and a bit of Anthrax, just not as much. I just feel that Megadeth have stayed good, okay, the remake of A Tout Le Monde was ABYSMAL (why dave, why, and wtf was up with that dad dancing?), but generally, they are still decent.
    The new song is NOT a metallica song, it's a Lou Reed song with metallica as his backing band, they aren't doing it to sell millions of copies, they are doing it - because they wanted to. Show some respect.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #56
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Worship music is amazing, "In the End" with "Hymn 1" before it is some of the best music I've heard in a looooooooooooooong time.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:44 PM ----------



    The new song is NOT a metallica song, it's a Lou Reed song with metallica as his backing band, they aren't doing it to sell millions of copies, they are doing it - because they wanted to. Show some respect.
    Fine, Ill quote St Anger as the album of awful. Have fun defending that.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

  17. #57
    I love all 4 of them but voted Metallica... took me a while to decide though.

  18. #58
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Fine, Ill quote St Anger as the album of awful. Have fun defending that.
    Easy, aside from the production it's a solid album. Ever heard live versions of "Frantic" "St. Anger" "Sweet Amber"? It's fantastic. Have fun being a non-objetive troll.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  19. #59
    Well i've been Electronic for 10 years,been traveling most of the world´, thats not the big 4.

  20. #60
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,366
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Well i've been Electronic for 10 years,been traveling most of the world´, thats not the big 4.
    What's the point of this post exactly?
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •