Deleted

Official MMO-Champion Minecraft Server

So I was wondering if anyone's interested in doing this? Now I don't have the computerpower or money to do this myself and was wondering if someone's willing to start a server for the people on MMO-Champion.

Deleted
    Will be hard to host one at home for so many people, probably have to buy hosting then.
    I could host a server and see if it is doable though.

Would be great, but also very high capacity and/or spread via links/plugins to seperate worlds to contain everyone. Highest cpacity I've ever played on claimed 250, seemed pretty laggy at 200 tho.

However if this happened we'd surely need:

Vanilla, no anti grief, no cheats, survival mode
    Creative - with some variety of area protection, such as towny or factions
    Suvival - with some variety of area protection, such as towny or factions

Some people just can't play nice and NEED to have rules and protections because they can't just allow others to be. Other people cannot stand having their or anyone elses base protected. I play with no protection, but I also play only with friends.

Maybe MMO-C could take donations for renting a server? As a reliable middle man deal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Would be great, but also very high capacity and/or spread via links/plugins to seperate worlds to contain everyone. Highest cpacity I've ever played on claimed 250, seemed pretty laggy at 200 tho.

However if this happened we'd surely need:

Vanilla, no anti grief, no cheats, survival mode
    Creative - with some variety of area protection, such as towny or factions
    Suvival - with some variety of area protection, such as towny or factions

Some people just can't play nice and NEED to have rules and protections because they can't just allow others to be. Other people cannot stand having their or anyone elses base protected. I play with no protection, but I also play only with friends.

Maybe MMO-C could take donations for renting a server? As a reliable middle man deal?
    That sounds like a great idea imo!

There actually is! Currently it's whitlisted/invite only. It's ran by Dinnerbone (OMG CREATOR OF BUKKIT AND ADMIN ON MMOC) and me, Dinnerbone is really busy working on Bukkit at the moment so it's been left in my hands for now.

We have a stable playerbase of 10ish (always nice except Miceiken) people. Before 1.8 we had three different maps, Creative, Survival and Hardcore.

Creative is basically just a map where everyone has the /give command and with basic protection.
    Survival is exactly as it says, with basic area protection etc.
    Hardcore is something Dinnerbone cooked up, it's a random map (converted from an image (last months map), with lower spawnrates on pretty much everything. You can make "teams". These teams have a "base". If another team finds your base, they can loot it, destroy it.. whatever!

Currently we are running on a temporary 1.8.1 map as we wait for 1.9. After the Minecraft updates calmed down a bit we'll probably do the above again, but improved.

We really want to go public, but are kind of low on diskspace. The server rarely/never lags as it's on a dedicated curse sponsored box that only runs http://cursecraft.com (WIP) and the Minecraft Server itself.

You can join us on IRC, but seeing it's currently invite only I'm not sure whether there'll be a chance for you to actually play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There actually is! Currently it's whitlisted/invite only. It's ran by Dinnerbone (OMG CREATOR OF BUKKIT AND ADMIN ON MMOC) and me, Dinnerbone is really busy working on Bukkit at the moment so it's been left in my hands for now.

We have a stable playerbase of 10ish (always nice except Miceiken) people. Before 1.8 we had three different maps, Creative, Survival and Hardcore.

Creative is basically just a map where everyone has the /give command and with basic protection.
    Survival is exactly as it says, with basic area protection etc.
    Hardcore is something Dinnerbone cooked up, it's a random map (converted from an image (last months map), with lower spawnrates on pretty much everything. You can make "teams". These teams have a "base". If another team finds your base, they can loot it, destroy it.. whatever!

Currently we are running on a temporary 1.8.1 map as we wait for 1.9. After the Minecraft updates calmed down a bit we'll probably do the above again, but improved.

We really want to go public, but are kind of low on diskspace. The server rarely/never lags as it's on a dedicated curse sponsored box that only runs http://cursecraft.com (WIP) and the Minecraft Server itself.

You can join us on IRC, but seeing it's currently invite only I'm not sure whether there'll be a chance for you to actually play.
    Cool! Could you ask Dinnerbone if it's okay for me to join? My Minecraft name is Myplatinus. If it's okay then PM me. If not that's fine.

I've already invited some people that PMd me, though there will be a small time between invites to get to know the new people. So if you sent me a PM, wait a while till you get invited. Might be today, might be next week.. etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll use a mmo-c MC server. as long as non-consensual pvp was forbidden. Don't get me wrong I like PvP. I just don't like being ganked out of nowhere and have my stuff stolen. PvP in MC isn't fun imo.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

I'm more of a survival world guy, I like the towny and mcmmo plugins especially. But yeah, I'd be interested for sure.

Deleted
    I would be interested in it aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I would to try a server with other people on it. So far me and gf just stay on our own private server.

And id rather try it out with this community

15+ Year Old Account
    I need a new server!

Seriously. My server right now let's a faction of morons camp our city when we don't want to PvP.. So yeah if we had our community onto a server (I noticed marlamins post but it seems space and time is limited) it would be pretty amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    ^ same as elementium. a friend and i are looking for a server and if Marlamin whitelists us we'll come play on the survival server
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you would probably have to buy hosting to get more than 250 people on a server, and it would have to be a pretty damn good host to prevent hardcore server lag.

It only lags when King6887 decides to do something stupid on cursecraft.com - rest of us mods are responsible =P

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    It only lags when King6887 decides to do something stupid on cursecraft.com - rest of us mods are responsible =P
    Pure lies and you know it.

As Marlamin said we're running on a temp map at the moment, i'll probably be looking to copy stuff across from this temp map to the creative map in 1.9 when it does get updated though.

Oh I would love to be a part of this! I'll send you a PM and wait patiently for a response. Ever since the Junkyard server got hacked I've been pretty bored server wise.