View Poll Results: What kind of server will you play on?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • PvE

60 33.52%
  • PvP

99 55.31%
  • RP

20 11.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    PvP. I believe rolling on a PvP is making you always be more cautious about your environment and that makes you a better gamer
    And also a more edgy and frustrated gamer when you just wanna get shit done
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

I'm going to try and focus mostly on PvP and looking forward to some RvR type PvP hopefully.

I hated pvp on wow servers, I just like to relax when I am questing, but I am still undecided about SWTOR. I need more info about how ganking will be handled.

My Radio Broadcast: http://grooveshark.com/#!/dookleeto/broadcast feel free to come and listen

PvE. You can always flag yourself for PvP and there are always battlegrounds to visit if you get the itch.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Never played a PvP server on WoW. I started playing a bit after 3.2 and knew the ratio of high-level gankers (them) to low-level noobs (me) was pretty substantial. Since I'll be starting SW when the majority of players do, PvP might be worth trying. Like a previous poster said, I need more convincing that its better than a PvE server.

I'm going PVE first, if SWTOR PVP servers are anything like my old PVP server on WOW, i'll pass.

I'm not into unfairly ganking / camping other players and it makes the game less fun. The fair challenges were more abundant on the PVP server, but I have BG's to get my fix on that

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTape View Post
    And also a more edgy and frustrated gamer when you just wanna get shit done
    Patience is a virtue!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dreadlord
    pvp server for sure. I mean the game is going to be an all out galactic WAR!

PvP, not because I want to, because I don't, but because my long-time WoW guild wants to play on a PvP server and I can't not play with them, love them too much.

Too bad there isn't an all above option . I will try everything, even rp to some extent.

Edit: oh, I misread the thread topic >.<. I will play on a pvp server cuz world pvp rocks!
    Last edited by Blupparen; 2011-09-27 at 10:22 PM.

High Overlord
    RP. As usual.

I'm either going to be on a PVE server or RP server. I don't really RP much myself but I do like the atmosphere that some RP servers have, I remember sometimes in WoW on the RP server I was on just questing about and coming across groups of people doing RP conversations and I would just stop and watch for awhile before continuing on, it was enjoyable to see those activities going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I'm either going to be on a PVE server or RP server. I don't really RP much myself but I do like the atmosphere that some RP servers have, I remember sometimes in WoW on the RP server I was on just questing about and coming across groups of people doing RP conversations and I would just stop and watch for awhile before continuing on, it was enjoyable to see those activities going on.
    yeah it definitly gives more atmosphere, and gives the chance to meet people out in the wild. that is one of the reasons I'll play an RP server. The other being that I hope people on an RP server will really care about the story and not wanna skip dialogues when grouping.

PvP for sure... although, i'm curious if that means ALL planets/worlds are open for it except for sanctuarys? and also, i'd love the quest integration for both factions to cause mix ups in the world (:

Quote Originally Posted by wrists View Post
    PvP for sure... although, i'm curious if that means ALL planets/worlds are open for it except for sanctuarys? and also, i'd love the quest integration for both factions to cause mix ups in the world (:
    well they've said that origin planets are off limits to opposite factions, as well as capitals. And for quest intergration, there aren't any shared quests between both factions, but what that entails towards seeing each other often remains to be seen.

PvP server or bust. At the dawn of a popular MMO the world pvp will be outrageous. I expect to find ganking parties roaming around
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

full on carebear here, I'll be maining a PvE server, with a possible alt on a RP realm, for shits and giggles.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

PvP. For me, it enhances the thrill of being out in the world.

Seeing an enemy next to you and not being able to attack them just feels so wrong and is a very big immersion breaker for me.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Bloodsail Admiral Tsundere Pejo's Avatar
    My issue with PVP will be getting killed during cutscenes. I need to figure out what they're doing for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    My issue with PVP will be getting killed during cutscenes. I need to figure out what they're doing for that.
    Many have reported that you are 100% out of combat and not able to be attacked while in conversation scenes.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net