Thread: Lag

Lag

My new pc is lagging for like 1 second or less sometime, notice it when i listen to music because it makes a bzz sound, and in games it well.. lags. Anyone knows why/how i can fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a conistant thing? Something that occurs at an interval (5seconds ect). does it happan from the moment you turn the computer on, till you turn it off? can you expand on when this issue occurs, what programs are running?

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Is this a conistant thing? Something that occurs at an interval (5seconds ect). does it happan from the moment you turn the computer on, till you turn it off? can you expand on when this issue occurs, what programs are running?
    Happens randomly, may be a 1 hour space between the times it happens, i also dont run alot of programs. When playing games the lag happens 1 time, then it dont happen anymore

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:53 PM ----------

Installed new nvidia drivers (the ones for bf3) so gonna see how it is now. doesent seem to happen atm. Happened again. Damn
    Last edited by imtehrogue; 2011-09-27 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be a hard thing for you to check, probably wont be able to do it, but if you could the next time you notice the bzzt sound or some lag, have Task manager or some other CPU usage monitor to check if you get a CPU usage spike.

Personally i would run Memtest, a CPU burn test, run tests on Hard drives, just to rule out any instability from those side's. I'll post back with some links to CPU, memory, and hard drive testing.

What Hard drive are you using, im guessing this is the same build we talked about you making?

so you have
    x2 ASUS GEFORCE GTX 580 DIRECTCU II 1536MB
    ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Z68 S-1155
    COOLER MASTER FULLTOWER HAF X
    INTEL CORE I7 2600K
    CORSAIR HX 1050W
    CORSAIR H100 HYDRO CPU COOLER

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 02:12 PM ----------

Intel diagnostic + stress testing tool: http://www.intel.com/support/process...s_procdiagtool
    Memtest (this requires you to save it on a CD and boot from that CD):http://www.memtest.org/
    Hard drive testing tool: This can be found on the manufactueres website of your hard drive. http://support.wdc.com/product/downl...&sid=3&lang=en

Yeah that build, i'll try to keep task manager open, also doesent happen alot right now.

Can i save memtest on a usb?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you can, just boot from the USB via the Bios.

Okay, Also installing the Processor Diagnostic Tool, then it finds a newer version of microsoft visual c++ and wont install.