Thread: Hard Reset

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hard Reset

HOLY CRAP! Is anyone else reveling in this stupidly awesome delightful little game? It's about time something like this came out. THIS is what the FPS is all about

just another FPS amidst the billion generic fps' released this generation

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    just another FPS amidst the billion generic fps' released this generation
    More like a breath of fresh air from all the CoDs/CoD clones. It's like Serious Sam when it was new - back into the days of Doom, Hexen, Blood and Heretic. Good, classic FPS of non-stop, fly by the seat of your pants action. No ducking for cover, no health regeneration. Just pure, unadulterated mayhem.

I actually regret buying it, i had hoped it would be good but it's pretty boring imo, maybe it will get more interesting later on, but i haven't really had any interest in playing it past the hour and a half that i spent so far. It had potential but it got quite a few problems and annoying things. The most annoying gotta be that you can't really see anything when you get damaged, the whole screen gets completely red, never experienced a game where it was this bad before. I don't mind if it's just a bit, but it's just way too much here. Also when shooting it's very hard to see the small enemies as there are just way too many effects.

The game does run very smoothly though, so i guess the engine is good, but that's probably also all it is, a way to show off their engine, as the game is very mediocre.
    It's a bit disappointing as a was really hoping it would be a good game, but i guess i can always hope serious sam 3 will deliver that.

I have only played the demo but I was impressed. For an indie title coming in at 30 bucks, it is gorgeous and fun. Hard Reset is how DNF should have looked/played like. I plan on buying it next week as a kick around game.

This game is really fun and has Justintime said its what Duke Nukem Forever should of been just in a cyber punk world with a severe lack of babes!

I love the weapons and the destruction

It ended... abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    It ended... abruptly.
    How long was the game?

In context of the previous question, did you explore or just follow the beaten path?

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    How long was the game?

In context of the previous question, did you explore or just follow the beaten path?
    There are a lot of weapons I didn't get the opportunity to really use, and I didn't get to upgrade all my weapons to the maximum so I felt a little disappointed.

There are a lot of weapons I didn't get the opportunity to really use, and I didn't get to upgrade all my weapons to the maximum so I felt a little disappointed.
    That doesn't answer either question!

That doesn't answer either question!
    I played it for less than 3(?) days and beat it.

That happens in a lot of games. Off the top of my head I know Pariah was semi-short and never allowed you to upgrade each one of your weapons. It's still one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Gonna play the demo of Hard Reset. Looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That happens in a lot of games. Off the top of my head I know Pariah was semi-short and never allowed you to upgrade each one of your weapons. It's still one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Gonna play the demo of Hard Reset. Looks interesting
    It was a great game, nice graphics and gameplay, etc. but it just felt sort of like a tech demo when I reached the end.

I played it for less than 3(?) days and beat it.
    Aww... Well to be fair I played Batman Arkham Asylum for 3 days but the completed play time was like 25 hours. How many hours do you think you spent playing? Like 6? 8? 20?

I'm asking this, not to judge your opinion on it's length, but to find out for my own general knowledge before buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was WAY to short, i played on normal difficulty and finished it in 4 hours and 43 minutes and that cost me 25 euros

Aww... Well to be fair I played Batman Arkham Asylum for 3 days but the completed play time was like 25 hours. How many hours do you think you spent playing? Like 6? 8? 20?

I'm asking this, not to judge your opinion on it's length, but to find out for my own general knowledge before buying it.
    I was playing pretty casually on the hardest mode, took me around 8 hours tops

I was playing pretty casually on the hardest mode, took me around 8 hours tops
    Oh ok, that's not bad for 30 bucks considering how great it looks. I'll still pick it up then and rock it on the hardest setting to prolong my exposure.

Oh ok, that's not bad for 30 bucks considering how great it looks. I'll still pick it up then and rock it on the hardest setting to prolong my exposure.
    For $30 it's definitely worth it.

Been playing it on Hard, probably almost beat it. It's around 6-8 hours, depending on how many times you die. I'm quite pleased with the amount of positive reviews this game is getting, as it's essentially what the FPS used to be - no crouch, all circle-strafing. $30 is definitely a good price for this game, it's ridiculously short and the story could be more, but all in all, it deserves a lot of the praise it's getting.

With the complaint about the whole screen going very red... that's how it's been since FPSes first came around. Even today's CoDs and whatever drench your screen in red whenever you get hit, and often times it's worse. Also, it's quite easy to see and hit the little guys :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    With the complaint about the whole screen going very red... that's how it's been since FPSes first came around. Even today's CoDs and whatever drench your screen in red whenever you get hit, and often times it's worse.
    You just made me remember the James Bond games, think I'll have nightmares about seeing red all the time.