Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I don't like the lack of "be a dick" option.

  2. #42
    I'm only worried about one thing: the death mechanic.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't know yet if this will be a problem. But there are 2 things about it wich could annoying the living shit out of me.
    1: You die and no one is around, you wait 10-20 seconds to die, and you miss the respawn timer. yay, another 15 seconds on the clock.
    2: The thing I hated most about call of duty was the last stance in it. It annoyed me so much that everyone had it. It was the reason I stopped playing CoD.
    Now I've got a feeling it won't be the same in guild wars2 (fps vs mmo obviously), but if it would feel sort of like it... It would annoy me a lot.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcreed View Post
    I'm only worried about one thing: the death mechanic.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't know yet if this will be a problem. But there are 2 things about it wich could annoying the living shit out of me.
    1: You die and no one is around, you wait 10-20 seconds to die, and you miss the respawn timer. yay, another 15 seconds on the clock.
    2: The thing I hated most about call of duty was the last stance in it. It annoyed me so much that everyone had it. It was the reason I stopped playing CoD.
    Now I've got a feeling it won't be the same in guild wars2 (fps vs mmo obviously), but if it would feel sort of like it... It would annoy me a lot.
    Aye, this could be a problem but I think the factor that you might be able to save yourself cancels it out, somewhat....

  4. #44
    I'll have to go with the possibility to join multiple guilds. It's probably not a biggie, but I just don't like the idea.

  5. #45
    I am not sure how the fast travel will work in the long run. It was perfect in GW1, but now that GW2 is a full blown MMO it kinda worries me that it might break the immersion and the MMO feeling.

    EDIT: Also the death mechanic might be problematic in PvP as mentioned. I saw TBs video and he waited a good 1 minute before he was able to get into action again. A simple /release might solve it though.
    Last edited by YouAreAllWrong; 2011-09-27 at 05:37 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I am not sure how the fast travel will work in the long run. It was perfect in GW1, but now that GW2 is a full blown MMO it kinda worries me that it might break the immersion and the MMO feeling.
    This is also what I have had my doubts on, not to much anymore though. Firstly you gotta discover the point to be able to travel to it. But then again, you are correct, would hate if it just removed exploration

  7. #47
    Also, this is just a really small thingie, but I dont like how the entire npc/player/mob you target gets surrounded by green light. When I watched my first GW2 video it really bothered me. Of course after watching more videos I have gotten used to it. But really I still think its too obvious and big of an effect.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    1. It's not out yet.
    2. Only a few character slots at start.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcreed View Post
    Also, this is just a really small thingie, but I dont like how the entire npc/player/mob you target gets surrounded by green light. When I watched my first GW2 video it really bothered me. Of course after watching more videos I have gotten used to it. But really I still think its too obvious and big of an effect.
    Sadly they are not planing on removing it. We gotta get used to it Most have stated that they easily did though, so I gues it's ok

  10. #50
    Brewmaster Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,404
    I don't dislike it so much, but I actually find it kind of odd. Not used to having no factions unlike a traditional MMO. Yes, they are doing something different with the whole game (which seems to work great) but not having any 'factions' might get some getting used to haha.

    - Perhaps a somewhat steep learning curve. (Getting used to weapon switching, mainly)

    - Interference of NCsoft.

    - Some game mechanics and information seems a little intimidating.

    I can't wait to explore the landscapes, though ;D

  11. #51
    i hate the fact that i have to wait until 2011 before i get to play it x(



    [QUOTE=Neglesh;13403115]I don't dislike it so much, but I actually find it kind of odd. Not used to having no factions unlike a traditional MMO. Yes, they are doing something different with the whole game (which seems to work great) but not having any 'factions' might get some getting used to haha.



    omg yes! XD
    i was thinking about that out of nowhere once, it made me quite sad to not have any random pvp while lvling

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    NCsoft is to guild wars 2 as Activision is to WoW
    you will scare many more people with that quote :P



    but really i just cannot stand underwater combat stuff it ran old in in MMO's of old with me not looking forward to it, even if they say they made it awesome i won't believe it till i see it


    Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma662 View Post
    No world pvp or ganking.

    but.. they are going to do world vs world vs world in the end so you can take the world you play on and go gank another world


    that is way better I M O
    Last edited by Nibi; 2011-09-27 at 06:36 PM. Reason: one more quote

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcreed View Post
    I'm only worried about one thing: the death mechanic.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't know yet if this will be a problem. But there are 2 things about it wich could annoying the living shit out of me.
    1: You die and no one is around, you wait 10-20 seconds to die, and you miss the respawn timer. yay, another 15 seconds on the clock.
    2: The thing I hated most about call of duty was the last stance in it. It annoyed me so much that everyone had it. It was the reason I stopped playing CoD.
    Now I've got a feeling it won't be the same in guild wars2 (fps vs mmo obviously), but if it would feel sort of like it... It would annoy me a lot.
    1. I don't think there are any respawn timers like WoW has. In this game its.. you die, you wait X sec, you come back to life. There is no global respawn timer where everyone comes back at once.. please someone correct me if I am wrong.

    2. It won't be like in CoD. In CoD, someone can kill you very easily with a damn gun if you so much as look a different direction when they are down. Its VERY VERY annoying to say the least. In GW2, it will be there mostly as a last chance to get back up during PVE and a little bit of that in pvp but not much. In pvp, once you have "downed" someone, you can go right up to them and finish them off with a short little animation. At the same time, the dmg you deal while in that downed state is not very high at all.. maybe enough to pick someone off in a large scale battle area but thats about it.. I honestly can't see there being too much of the "I killed you but then you killed me back when you were down" fiasco that CoD was, just cause you can;t do alot of dmg while in that mode.

  14. #54
    Blademaster Indecision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    LA, California!
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    They have acctually not realeased ANY info about the Cash shop. And that bothers me. The question wether or not they are going to add dungeons in DLC colin answered "We are still talking about it" Might be good might be bad, just a concern of mine

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 06:08 PM ----------



    There are more, and different modes if I recall. One was apperently a vertical one, like on a mountain side. I cba looking up source though.

    Love your signature btw


    Skip to 15:00 minutes.



    Skip to 12:40


    They've talked a lot about their microtransactions.

  15. #55
    The Patient hellgrazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alba Iulia , Romania
    Posts
    233
    As a player who never played any GW at all , the pvp seems a bit strange to me , but thats something i`ll get used to i guess. It will be a nice change of pace from WoW (i will still play both :O)

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecision View Post


    Skip to 15:00 minutes.



    Skip to 12:40


    They've talked a lot about their microtransactions.
    I gues rather than typing a couple of lines you linked alot of videos? Thanks I gues. And no they havn't gotten into detail what they are selling. When asked it's often "We are discussing that" I know that those transmog stones (can't remember the GW2 name) are going to be in there. And most likely town clothes, and other cosmetics. Mini pets. But what mini pets? what kind of town clothes? And dungeon DLCs?

  17. #57
    Dreadlord MrLordDariusCrowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sanctuary or the local tavern.
    Posts
    765
    that it's not out yet

  18. #58
    Currently, my main complainment is the races. I just don't like them.

  19. #59
    Blademaster Indecision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    LA, California!
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    I gues rather than typing a couple of lines you linked alot of videos? Thanks I gues. And no they havn't gotten into detail what they are selling. When asked it's often "We are discussing that" I know that those transmog stones (can't remember the GW2 name) are going to be in there. And most likely town clothes, and other cosmetics. Mini pets. But what mini pets? what kind of town clothes? And dungeon DLCs?
    How are two videos "a lot"? They just went into detail in the second video. They're only going to sell superficial items in the cash shop. Cosmetic items. dungeons are not superficial items.

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by tehmark View Post
    I didn't play GW1 so hopefully you folks that have can share how active the devs are in fixing things
    They usually reply to me in few hours, if your account is hacked it takes a bit longer.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •