Exclamation Tencent Acquires Full Control of U.S.-Based Riot Games

Chinese Internet giant buys shares it didn’t already down in developer of popular ‘League of Legends’

HONG KONG— Tencent Holdings Ltd. said it had bought all of the shares in U.S. online-game company Riot Games it didn’t already own, in a deal that gives the Chinese Internet giant full control of the developer of the popular “League of Legends.”
    Before the deal, Tencent owned a 93% stake in Riot.Financial terms of the transaction weren’t disclosed.
    Tencent first invested in Riot in 2011 to beef up its online games offerings, buying a majority stake in the Los Angeles-based company.
    Since then, the Chinese company had been gradually increasing its stake in Riot.
    Riot’s “League of Legends,” one of the highest grossing online games with avid fans around the world, is an important asset for Tencent, analysts say.
    Tencent, which runs the popular WeChat and QQ messaging applications, earns more than half of its revenue from online games.

source : http://www.wsj.com/articles/tencent-...mes-1450342769

tencent also owns a part of activision if i am not mistaken , possible merge on the horizon ?
    She was everything to me. But they took her. And with her, they took my kindness and my mercy. That was their mistake, because now, all I’ve got left is a cold heart. They thrive on doubt. They feast on fear. These wretched abominations blight this world, and every last one of them will perish by my hand.

god i hope no so called possible merge, its also terrible large faceless shit corporations are buying up so many small gaming companies

Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    Chinese Internet giant buys shares it didn’t already down in developer of popular ‘League of Legends’

HONG KONG— Tencent Holdings Ltd. said it had bought all of the shares in U.S. online-game company Riot Games it didn’t already own, in a deal that gives the Chinese Internet giant full control of the developer of the popular “League of Legends.”
    Before the deal, Tencent owned a 93% stake in Riot.Financial terms of the transaction weren’t disclosed.
    Tencent first invested in Riot in 2011 to beef up its online games offerings, buying a majority stake in the Los Angeles-based company.
    Since then, the Chinese company had been gradually increasing its stake in Riot.
    Riot’s “League of Legends,” one of the highest grossing online games with avid fans around the world, is an important asset for Tencent, analysts say.
    Tencent, which runs the popular WeChat and QQ messaging applications, earns more than half of its revenue from online games.

source : http://www.wsj.com/articles/tencent-...mes-1450342769

tencent also owns a part of activision if i am not mistaken , possible merge on the horizon ?
    they own small parts of other companies including activisionblizzard or whatever but not enough to be in control of them and make a merge

anyway, tencent have owned a major part of Riot games since 2011 and just now bought out the last 7% they didn't have, so nothing should change

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    they own small parts of other companies including activisionblizzard or whatever but not enough to be in control of them and make a merge

anyway, tencent have owned a major part of Riot games since 2011 and just now bought out the last 7% they didn't have, so nothing should change
    You don't have your tinfoil hat tight enough

It's the end of LoL as we know it!