Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

UI Customization

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knew what had been confirmed currently as far as customizing the UI? Main 3 that i'm hoping for are unlockable (movable) UI features, scaling and most importantly for me a colour choice/swatch.. not a fan of the current blue theme.

Any others people are hoping for?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they weren't allowing addons. Can anyone confirm or reject this?

Addons will not be available at launch. Down the line, I'd be surprised if they didn't implement support.

They have started showing more UI customization in recent videos, the raid videos from the August conventions showed moveable/scale-able raid UI for the first time. It looks like they'll be adding more with every beta build.

I just want my mouseover macros and I'll be a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    I just want my mouseover macros and I'll be a happy customer.
    THIS healer rejoic eif its possible.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    A lot of people NEED addons.
    That's actually not true. If default UI is good - no addons are needed. Only customization is needed (by the in-game means, that is).

I swear I read that they'd have addons, but post launch. I think it was on the dev tracker about 6 months ago, or a Q&A. Either way the info is a little outdated.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I can move action bars/minimap/health bars to wherever I want. And there is a decent dot tracker then fine. But only then, and still I dont see that harm in custom addons
    I didn't say that addons are harmful, and I'm all for add-ons as I am an add-on author myself (was). I'm just saying that they are not needed if default UI allows customization in-game (moving everything, scaling, showing a lot of various infos, etc). Addons are useful, handy, cool, etc... but hardly needed.
    I mean there are so many addons out there that are just SO useful it seems stupid to not allow them.
    Yeah, they exist - but only because WoW default UI sucks. Don't look at addons in WoW context, cause SWTOR is a different game. We do not know (well, testers know a bit) how it will be with default UI. And BW said they will be adding add-on and customization support, so everything will be fine.

We certainly do not need any add-ons at launch.

"Not at launch" has been the consistent recent response from devs regarding this issue. However, the Razer SWTOR keyboard is macro compatible and the president of Razer indicated at Gamescom that there was the similar Domino's style ui mod that comes with the Razer Naga for the SWTOR Naga.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just need a few things, and if those are provided with the standard UI I'll be happy:

• Scaleable and moveable elements. This includes everyhing on the UI
    • Highly customisable Bars, with options for transparancy, amount of Rows, etc.
    • A good Combatlog, that allows me to view different things (think of Recount/Skada, or external sites like WoL)
    • Maybe well thought out options for the overhead combattext.

Is love an in game damage meter for testing out rotations.
    Last edited by xuros; 2011-09-27 at 06:34 PM.

I honestly hope they don't allow addons. They are a hastle, can break your game if someone screws up, and people become way to dependent on them.
    "Oh sorry guys, i need a minute to get Healbot working otherwise i can't heal"... Uh seriously? In all honesty recount was one of the worst addons ever created for WoW because it made people obsessed with NUMBERS! MUST MAXIMIZE NUMBERS!!!! Seriously? I can understand the desire to work on a rotation and all that, but it really did just create this sense of "Oh, well, if you can't pull X amount of dps, your terrible". I really don't want SWTOR to go down that road.

From my understanding, at this point, there isn't a whole lot of UI customization built straight in. I know they are working on adding more abilities, but most of the videos i've seen they all have the same UI positioning etc. However, 99% of these videos are from the old build(s) and not the new one released last week.

Currently Bioware is saying that there will be NO addons at launch, but maybe later.

From what I have gathered, from the official site and some others, the game will not have support for: Macros, Addons, UI Script changes or anything of that nature... ON LAUNCH.

They have said they will be adding macro support in very soon after launch, as far as addons they haven't commented either way, which sort of goes hand in hand with any UI changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

UI doesn't look to be customizable as of yet. I'm not sure whether or not this was going to be an added feature before launch. UI will take some getting use to, it is far and away better than WoWs generic UI, which is terrible.

Add-ons are not needed at launch and cause more issues with security/troubleshooting than anything. With all the people that will need to get customer support just to play or for stupid questions you think they want to throw add-ons into the mix? It makes total sense to not include them.

I hope for combatlogging to make it to launch so I can use an external parser for my own analysis but this might not make it either.

Target of target hopefully will make it in before launch because it looks to be currently missing from the game, this is a big one.

Bioware has stated at conventions that they are working on an API to allow third party interface addons. They confirmed it will be implemented, just not sure when.

As people have said, addons isnt on the list, at launch. You never know what will happen if people demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Bioware has stated at conventions that they are working on an API to allow third party interface addons. They confirmed it will be implemented, just not sure when.
    Yep, they've mentioned that their ATI is going to even be very restrictive when it is launched. I think they want add-ons to be very cosmetic and are trying to prevent game breaking ones from entering the community. It's a smart move considering how you could darn near make a bot program with the WoW classic ATI.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by robertjordan View Post
    "Not at launch" has been the consistent recent response from devs regarding this issue. However, the Razer SWTOR keyboard is macro compatible and the president of Razer indicated at Gamescom that there was the similar Domino's style ui mod that comes with the Razer Naga for the SWTOR Naga.
    having used a naga for the last 2 years, an addon specifically for it would be awesome, in wow I used bartender, but the domino one was way better then default. If I can rearrange my main bar into a grid similar to the naga's layout I'd be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Yep, they've mentioned that their ATI is going to even be very restrictive when it is launched. I think they want add-ons to be very cosmetic and are trying to prevent game breaking ones from entering the community. It's a smart move considering how you could darn near make a bot program with the WoW classic ATI.
    Darn near? lol, the original healer/nuker basically turned wow into a single button game (with decursive bound onto movement keys so you could do that automatically.)

And i know there were addons that could do things even larger than that.