Is rag (10m) always a two heal fight on regular?

Pre or Post nerf, it doesn't matter, just a simple question. We've only tried him since the nerf, but we're having some trouble making it through phase 2. Just thought i would ask since an extra healer would seem to go a long way as long as the dps could prevent an ernage or berserk.

if you can kill him before there are too many meteors than you can handle you might aswell 3heal it, if you hit the enrage your dps need to stop slacking, period.
    what we do in phase 2 is have 2 groups which are spread out on the left/right side of the room and then stack up in the middle when seeds arrive; heal explosions up and when seeds arrive chain aoe stuns (glyphed holy wrath, bane of blah, shadowfury, shockwave etc) while aoe-ing them down, dependiing on your raid comp you'll have barely if any melee dmg inc from the seeds that way

10+ Year Old Account
    We three heal it. It makes phase 2 a breeze, but phase 3 is a little harder. Transitions are slightly harder if your healers don't know they have dps or stun buttons. All in all i'd suggest 3 healing it if your dps are competent (20k+).

He can be killed either 2 or 3 healing. What will probably make the decision for you is dps in the transition phases. If 5 dps aren't able to control the sons of flame, then you probably need to go to 2 healing. Also keep in mind, higher dps means fewer traps in P1 and fewer seeds in P2, making the healing load lighter with a 2 heal setup. It just depends where your group is at.

Edit: I'm pretty sure he does have a berserk timer, but it won't come into play unless your early phases are very, VERY slow. What will finish you, more likely, is the soft enrage resulting from too many meteors in P3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our resto druid solo-healed it this week; he wanted to see if he could rank. We're by no means the most pro raid around, but we gave him a couple shots. On the second try, we got it. 5:50 kill, he ranked 25th.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...w/?s=506&e=856

Deleted
    We used to 3-heal it, but due to circumstance we 2-healed it the week before the nerf and it went a lot smoother due to less meteors (first kill had 4 I think). So since then we just 2-heal it Both are equally vialable.

Deleted
    If you have druid, go for 2 heals - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=2037&e=2491
    WoL of alt run, ppl new to their roles and crappy gear, so the fight took time and ppl got hit by things they should not be hit, but it's still a cake.

Also, you can see there, how crapy dps you can afford to perform, and still kill him with 2 meteors in 7 mins.
    Last edited by mmoc3901d91d40; 2011-09-27 at 04:50 PM.

pre-nerf 2 heals. now u can 3 heal it but still makes harder 3rd phase

Ok, do we REALLY need another thread on this question?

We 2 heal a lot of fights in FL, why?? Because me and my paladin friend are just that awesome? Nah.. shit dies faster if you 2 heal it. I'm disc/holy priest and he's a holy pally so it's perfect. If you're healers aren't able to maintain the healing on that fight with just 2 then they need to work on things or your DPS needs to stop being stupid and get out of bad shit

Deleted
    we did him 2 heal pre nerf only to have less meteors but now its not needed (had like 1st just spawned on when kill while before we where on like 3)

If your dps is good enough you can 3 heal it. We've 3 healed it every time we've killed it, and that was twice pre-nerf and once post-nerf. I know that on hardmode we'll have to 2 heal it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Pre or Post nerf, it doesn't matter, just a simple question. We've only tried him since the nerf, but we're having some trouble making it through phase 2. Just thought i would ask since an extra healer would seem to go a long way as long as the dps could prevent an ernage or berserk.
    Pre-nerf, you need insanely good dps to beat the meteors.

Post-nerf: easily 3healable. However, we 2healed as we always do and got only 1 meteor in my "main" group, while our alt group got a 2nd.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

1 healer actually makes this fight easier, adds die fast, less damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're good at the fight, there's no need to three-heal. In fact, you're shooting yourself in the foot by paring the DPS corps. The adds don't have a lot of health, but the more people blowing them up ASAP, the less likely any are to be a threat of hitting the hammer.

You're not going to wipe to the enrage, you're going to wipe to 1: people standing in fire, 2: seeds parked near your group up spot, 3: sons hitting the hammer, and 4: being overrun by meteors. The last two of those four things are ameliorated by the addition of DPS. The first two are only maybe saved from being wipes by an extra healer to heal unnecessary damage.

If you check out that parse I linked, I took 332k damage, as a dps, for the entire fight. Only 3 times did our healer have to put a rejuv on me, the rest of the healing was aoe healing.

I'm not saying go ahead and solo heal it; you're learning the fight still and your healers are unlikely as geared as our guy. What I am saying is, this fight is not won with healing, it's won with execution, and adding a healer only makes that execution more difficult, because the phases last longer and there is a smaller fraction of a dps for each son of flame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking this. There's already an active thread discussing this exact question.

That thread can be found here; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-on-Rag-Normal