graphics card problem?

Hello everyone!

Lately my computer is acting up when I'm starting it up. It's like my graphics cars won't start (or atleast I think it's the graphics card since my monitor doesn't get any signal when it happens). I can hear it trying to start but nothing happens..The best I can compare it to is when your trying to start your car but the engine fails. It wants to but it can't. It seems to resolve itself after turning the pc on and off for a while, but it's REALLY annoying.

Does anyone know what on earth is causing this and what I can do about it?

thank you!

Sounds like a cold start issue, like the old car in your example - it stinks and sputs and sounds awful until it gets warm, then it's all good.

It might be the power supply too getting ready to crap out for good.

Over time, when stuff gets hot / cold, it seems like all the expansion / contraction messes stuff up & deteriorates the microelectronics. I've had a few older computers like that, takes some effort to get em going, and once they work, I am afraid to turn it off because it might not start again

Those computers got salvaged for parts to make a new computer.. by the time they fail they are generally obsolete, although the drives & memory are still good.

I suppose it's possible you have a bad connection too that over all the temperature fluxes throughout the years. Or dirt interfering with something..

You could try opening the case and reseating all the components, unplug & replug everything internally, and vacuum the unit out thoroughly (be careful not to damage anything on the boards).