• Q3 2012 (Jul-Sep)

19 6.93%
  • Q4 2012 (Oct-Dec)

5 1.82%
  • 2013+

4 1.46%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hoping for Q1, voted for Q2 cause that is when it will probably happen. They need to be done by early Q2, cause next expansion in WoW will be upon them otherwise, and good game or not you do NOT want to line up your game against that.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

I'll say early Q2.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

very early January is my guess.

I would think Q2 2012 with it only being in Alpha at the moment. Arenanet seems like the kind of company that's going to be taking a lot of feedback from closed and open Beta testing.

// Thanks to Yoni for the Signature & Avatar! //

Brewmaster
    Late Q1 or early Q2 2012 would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    I would think Q2 2012 with it only being in Alpha at the moment. Arenanet seems like the kind of company that's going to be taking a lot of feedback from closed and open Beta testing.
    Closed beta in 2011, I'd guess November MAYBE late October. Open beta would probably be a weekend thing or something.

I think late Q1 2012.

It feels like it's starting to get ready for beta now, so.. Fingers crossed.

I chose Q2, but I think it will likely be very late Q1 into the early Q2 range.

Pandaren Monk
    Guessing Q2

Its been said in a recent pcgamer article that by the end of this year, it is guaranteed that Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta will have started. If everything goes well, they'll push it into open beta, then release the game shortly after. So I'm hoping for a late Q1 2012 or early Q2 2012 release date.

I'm thinking March/April, that seems about right seeing as they're still in Alpha.

Spring 2012 also seems good for marketing reasons, there's a ton of stuff coming out this fall/winter (especially SW:TOR) and by waiting a few months they'll catch players as they're getting bored with one game and are ready to try something new.
    Last edited by Wyrmrider; 2011-09-27 at 08:46 PM.

Q2 of 2012.
    Please, OH PLEASE. Let it happen <3.

When ever it is, it can't come quick enough... can't wait (well i can , but ahhh hurry up already LOL) Um Q1 2012

It's going to be either Q1 or Q2 of 2012. I'm optimistic, so I voted Q1. I'd be surprised if it gets delayed to Q3+.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~Jesus of Nazareth

The optimist in me says Q1 '12, but more logically I imagine it will release early-mid Q2. I would love to be wrong, though.

Q2 2012 at the very least.
    -||My "Holy" Paladin.||-
    -||[Equilibrium||- My Guildwars 2 Guild.

Hated by many, confronted by none.

wish it was Q4, but that won't happen.

realistically, i'd guess march
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

I think mid Q2 because I really think they will take the time to get it right. They've stated many times that they wont set a release date until it is completely ready, and that just confirms to me that they are really focusing on quality; and quality takes time. Although the game looks VERY polished at the minute, I'm sure there are many tweaks that could be put in place such as class balance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    My heart desires Q4 of this year but my brain says otherwise. My guess is Q2 of 2012. Q1 if we're VERY lucky. Trying to be hopeful.
    Exactly what he said!
    I want this game so much lol but truth must be told! Not this year and probably only Q2. But I don't mind to wait for it! I bet it will be worthwhile

28th of April in my opinion. That would be the 7th Year Anniversary of GW1

Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer