Poll: Possible Release Date

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll say early Q2.

15+ Year Old Account
    very early January is my guess.

I would think Q2 2012 with it only being in Alpha at the moment. Arenanet seems like the kind of company that's going to be taking a lot of feedback from closed and open Beta testing.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

10+ Year Old Account
    Late Q1 or early Q2 2012 would be my guess.

I think late Q1 2012.

It feels like it's starting to get ready for beta now, so.. Fingers crossed.

I chose Q2, but I think it will likely be very late Q1 into the early Q2 range.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing Q2

Its been said in a recent pcgamer article that by the end of this year, it is guaranteed that Guild Wars 2 Closed Beta will have started. If everything goes well, they'll push it into open beta, then release the game shortly after. So I'm hoping for a late Q1 2012 or early Q2 2012 release date.

I'm thinking March/April, that seems about right seeing as they're still in Alpha.

Spring 2012 also seems good for marketing reasons, there's a ton of stuff coming out this fall/winter (especially SW:TOR) and by waiting a few months they'll catch players as they're getting bored with one game and are ready to try something new.
    Last edited by Wyrmrider; 2011-09-27 at 08:46 PM.

Q2 of 2012.
    Please, OH PLEASE. Let it happen <3.

10+ Year Old Account
    When ever it is, it can't come quick enough... can't wait (well i can , but ahhh hurry up already LOL) Um Q1 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be either Q1 or Q2 of 2012. I'm optimistic, so I voted Q1. I'd be surprised if it gets delayed to Q3+.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The optimist in me says Q1 '12, but more logically I imagine it will release early-mid Q2. I would love to be wrong, though.

Q2 2012 at the very least.

wish it was Q4, but that won't happen.

realistically, i'd guess march
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think mid Q2 because I really think they will take the time to get it right. They've stated many times that they wont set a release date until it is completely ready, and that just confirms to me that they are really focusing on quality; and quality takes time. Although the game looks VERY polished at the minute, I'm sure there are many tweaks that could be put in place such as class balance etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    My heart desires Q4 of this year but my brain says otherwise. My guess is Q2 of 2012. Q1 if we're VERY lucky. Trying to be hopeful.
    Exactly what he said!
    I want this game so much lol but truth must be told! Not this year and probably only Q2. But I don't mind to wait for it! I bet it will be worthwhile

28th of April in my opinion. That would be the 7th Year Anniversary of GW1

Deleted
    They say they want to start beta before this year ends.

Beta phases for MMOs normally last 3-6 months so assuming the GW2 beta starts in November, Q1 2012 might still be feasible. March or April 2012 seems most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    They say they want to start beta before this year ends.

Beta phases for MMOs normally last 3-6 months so assuming the GW2 beta starts in November, Q1 2012 might still be feasible. March or April 2012 seems most likely.
    I see it happening as well in March/April. But I hardly think the BETA will last 3 months. Closed BETA in Q4 Nov/Dec 2011. Open BETA in Q1 Febuary/March. Release on April.