Poll: Possible Release Date

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    They say they want to start beta before this year ends.

Beta phases for MMOs normally last 3-6 months so assuming the GW2 beta starts in November, Q1 2012 might still be feasible. March or April 2012 seems most likely.
    Anet also say they know people use betas as demos more than anything now, so they will have it as near to finished as possible before going into beta. So we can expect beta to be shorter than an average one.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    Q3 2012, just accounting for the inevitable delays that will happen on a game this anticipated/good looking. >.>
    I tend to agree with this.

Deleted
    Sooooo Q1 it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Q1, going with March.

March I voted for too, birthday month please
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Late Q1/Early Q2.
    I'll agree with Pyre on the release date guess.

Q1 of 2012 is what I'm praying for

I think I might be able to wait until Q2 which I find more than likely!

I'm saying early q2. Mainly because of a few things, what they have shown us on the floors of various cons and expo's is very high quality and highly polished. I'm assuming then that they will want everything at that same quality when they ship (and this has been stated/hinted in various Q and A's and panels). They've stated they want beta to start by the end of this year, since we still dont know the 8th profession, the earliest we may see beta is Mid Novemeber'ish would be my guess, and if we dont get it then, maybe early Dec. Remember that we're also coming into heavy travel/vacation season in this time frame, and while a number of people may be at home other won't and all if beta's get a pretty even spread.. well this should extend the amount of time the beta is tested, not much but some. If any delays happen I would not be surprised however to see beta start the 2nd week of January though.

Based on the fact that it seems A-net wants this game to release as polished as possible, closed beta could be somewhat extended depending on what problems crop up during it. Open beta I expect to be quite short however (if there is one). I figure 2-3 months to fully beta test barring any super major problems (game code bricking someone's computer, LOL), and then some time to add some finishing touches perhaps.

I'll even take a stab at an actual day and say April 23'rd.

Perfect release date: tomorrow.
    Realistically speaking: either Q1 or Q2 of 2012

Deleted
    So, still at least 7 months of waiting then?

Current demos look fairly advanced. Q1 without a doubt.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Since they said the beta is coming in winter then its unlikely it will be released early 2012. Correct me if im wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Since they said the beta is coming in winter then its unlikely it will be released early 2012. Correct me if im wrong
    They also said the beta will be as near to the completed game as possible, since they understand people seem to see betas as "demos" nowadays instead of an actual beta. So they're hoping for a short beta.

I'm gonna go with Mid to late Q1 or early Q2. That gives plenty of time for beta testing if they start at the end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Q1 of 2012, possibly February or March.

the game looks so good in alpha state im sure CB/OB will be EXTREMELY short, from videos i've seen there hasnt been any bugs so here's to Q1

10+ Year Old Account
    March 2012 Hoep it's not too far away, I am so psyched.

Yesterday ?!?! <3

Ontopic : late Q1

I am feelin a late April release though a lot of good games seem to release during March, ie Mass Effect.

Feb-Apr 2012 hopefully