Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be fair, 64 bit will likely allow the possibilities of having WoW support newer hardware better. Especially in 25 man situations, perhaps. It might just make things run a bit smoother and with higher end systems get even more fps and whatever? Idk.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Support newer hardware better? It can't even make use of current hardware, an i5 2500K + GTX560 Ti setup is enough to make it go "bwuh?" and dip to low frames in 25mans anyway.

Although Vesseblah did mention something about WoW raid performance being bottlenecked by the combat log itself, but that still doesn't explain why FPS dips even lower as you increase settings from High to Ultra (and the CPU/GPU usage hardly budges) - polygon/particle rendering has nothing to do with transfering data over the internet, it's all done on your client.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-02-08 at 10:09 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk. x_x I've been off WoW for a good 6 months now.. holy crap I just realized that. So I can't be too bothered to care *too much* but I'm still extremely interested in seeing how the 64 bit works out, is it worth the $15? Eh.... we'll see. If you folks tell me that it's exceptionally different, I might cave, I think Sephiracle was saying something along the same lines.
    "A flower.

so I noticed that you have no amd cpu's listed for any of the gaming set up..is there a reason for that? if not what are some good amd cpus to use? as I know they are much cheaper than intel

Deleted
    There isn't any because performance wise they simply don't beat Intel. Open a topic of it's own if you wanna debate it though because it wont turn out pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    There isn't any because performance wise they simply don't beat Intel. Open a topic of it's own if you wanna debate it though because it wont turn out pretty.
    That topic would just get locked as well, they always have in the past because they inevitably descend into fanboys flaming each other... What you said is the truth, AMD chips are not recommended because the 2500k and 2600k simply obliterate even the most expensive AMD chips when it comes to gaming.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-08 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    *loads Intel-manufactured sniper rifle, AMD workers in sight*
    I'm goddamn ready.

oh, I wasnt trying to start a debate..just was wondering why none was here and if there where any good amd too look at..have always had intel, but being on a budget am looking at other options is all

Deleted
    The segments where AMD is extremely strong right now is in HTPC builds and office computers. They are also fairly strong in the mid-range workstation segment (although SB-E along with the 2600k take the price in most ranges).

For gaming however, right now intel seems to be the smarter choice, both in terms of performance and price. The Sandy Bridge architecture really is that strong. AMD has some nice CPUs in the mid and low-range segment, but for the most part intel has the edge. If you are on a budget, you can check out the FX-4100 CPU.

well just was told that the DiabloTek CPA-0280 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case power supplys are junk and not to get anything with built in psu..so am looking again..lol

still thanks for help here
    Last edited by Lindseysig; 2012-02-10 at 05:29 PM.

Y U NO ADD U2312HM.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...55&Tpk=u2312hm

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Although Vesseblah did mention something about WoW raid performance being bottlenecked by the combat log itself, but that still doesn't explain why FPS dips even lower as you increase settings from High to Ultra (and the CPU/GPU usage hardly budges) - polygon/particle rendering has nothing to do with transfering data over the internet, it's all done on your client.
    With shadows on highest the game recalculates every. Single. One. Every. Single. Frame.

Any suggestions for a Wireless Receiver card? What about for a TV tuner card?
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2012-02-17 at 01:02 PM.

I just wanted to say thank you to Marest and all the others on this board. Today I completed the $800 Gaming build (followed it exactly) and turned it on for the first time. It ran without a hitch and I got Windows 7 installed before I had to go back to work.

I just have to download the Nvidia drivers for the gpu and then run an ethernet line downstairs for internet and I will be all set.

This was my first build, and I really wanted to say thank you to all!

10+ Year Old Account
    We're always happy to help out SmthJce33!

Be sure to post pictures of your computer in the "Post your gaming setup!" megathread!
    "A flower.

Just wanted to let you know that the case in the Family/Office 350 build is deactivated on NewEgg.

The middle monitor in the peripheral suggestion (LG IPS226V-PN) is deactivated on NewEgg.

Deleted
    Fully updated:
    - All prices have been updated.
    - Deactivated or out-of-date parts have been replaced.
    - Some cases have been replaced.
    - Workstation builds revised. There is now one SB and one SB-E sample build.
    - Peripherals overlooked. New monitor and mouse added.

Further, I'm working on a "Case Suggestion" post which I'll hopefully release soon. As always, feedback is very welcome (either post here or PM me directly). Even if I don't answer (I'm fairly busy from time to time IRL) I appreciate it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers Marest
    Will you be basing your Case Suggestion post on the original Case Catalog thread? Or just updating that one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Cheers Marest
    Will you be basing your Case Suggestion post on the original Case Catalog thread? Or just updating that one?
    I'll most likely discontinue the case catalog. Updating and maintaining it with every single good case on the market is a bit of a hand-full and not something I have time for unfortunately. The case suggestion post I'm working on will be very similar to the peripherals suggestions but contain a summary of the features of every case (or at least that's the plan). I'm aiming to include around 16 cases in varying shapes and sizes (mostly focusing on cases meant for gaming rigs).

Deleted
    Such a wonderful job Marest! ^^
    As a "beginner" I can't thank you enough