Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Just Google a guide for your specific motherboard.
    I can't stress this enough. I personally had one linked to me for my Asus P8P67 board by someone who also had one, but that's really the best way. You want your exact motherboard, otherwise some settings could be weirdly different/named differently, etc.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gouldie07 View Post

Recommended for:
    Budget gaming build that can tackle most
    newer games. Enough if you only play World
    of Warcraft.

What is 'enough'? Could you please give me an idea of how much FPS I would expect to get in a 25 man raid and with what settings? Thanks in advance
    Wow is Pretty much CPU Related so if you get an good cpu and OC it you run ultra no problem.

This topic gave me many ideas about upgrade my system. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    Thanks !, btw does anyone know where i can find a step by step overclocking guide for the I5 3570k (for total OC noobs) i checked the oc starting guide at overclock.net but i still feel i need some extra info befor i start doing this
    Try looking here http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overc...beginners.html

I know it's for the I7, but i think there is a guide for the I5 also

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony XB 700 and 1000 are amazing headphones and especially if you are like base.
    Also Razer Naga, a lot of the thread viewers will be MMO Gamers.
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Sony XB 700 and 1000 are amazing headphones and especially if you are like base.
    If they wanna buy a new mouse every so often because their mouse suddenly starts to double-click, they have fairly small hands and/or claw grip then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Novodk View Post
    Try looking here http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overc...beginners.html

I know it's for the I7, but i think there is a guide for the I5 also
    That guide is for the first generation of i7 and is fairly out of date.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Marest only recommends peripherals worth recommending.

In all seriousness, there are far better mice available for MMO-gamers. Logitech G600 and Corsair M90 are two examples.

Correction: More solidly built and long-lasting. I actually liked the Razer Deathadder's grip, but found the doubleclicking to be testing my patience within two minutes of discovering it...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Correction: More solidly built and long-lasting. I actually liked the Razer Deathadder's grip, but found the doubleclicking to be testing my patience within two minutes of discovering it...
    Interestingly, my intellimouse started double-clicking on my old machine, stopped the moment I switched to the new PC.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-08-21 at 12:34 PM.

Hey, I felt silly making a new post just for my question, so here it is plain and simple. Which of these builds should I use as a guideline to play WoW(only game I really play on my computer) on my 40 inch tv, 1080p on high-ultra settings, at the lowest cost. Like I said, only really play WoW, so don't really care about the other features of the computer. I've been reading it's mainly about the CPU?

Basically, which build: Only WoW, 1080p 40", max settings, cheapest cost.

Thank you guys so much.
    Last edited by Legion1; 2012-08-26 at 08:32 PM.

Physical size of the monitor doesn't matter in how hard it is to drive, only the resolution.
    (well technically not correct, the smaller resolution on a bigger screen means AA matters that much more than in a high density pixel screen)

If you do no raiding whatsoever, or just light 10man, the 550USD build should do. It has no luxury components whatsoever, just really good performance/price.
    If you do 25m raids, and often, I'd advice you to use the 800 build but swap to the GPU from the 550USD build and overclock the CPU. The only thing you can improve from there on is loading screens via SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Physical size of the monitor doesn't matter in how hard it is to drive, only the resolution.
    (well technically not correct, the smaller resolution on a bigger screen means AA matters that much more than in a high density pixel screen)

If you do no raiding whatsoever, or just light 10man, the 550USD build should do. It has no luxury components whatsoever, just really good performance/price.
    If you do 25m raids, and often, I'd advice you to use the 800 build but swap to the GPU from the 550USD build and overclock the CPU. The only thing you can improve from there on is loading screens via SSD.
    Thank you so much, that was just the kind of feedback I was looking for! I'll post a new thread before I buy just to double check. Thanks again.

Any thoughts on 1440p? Monitor costs now seem reasonable (catleap).

How would the Budget Gaming 650 run Mists of Pandaria? Would I be able to get 40-60 fps on Ultra?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobywongg View Post
    How would the Budget Gaming 650 run Mists of Pandaria? Would I be able to get 40-60 fps on Ultra?
    With a few tweaked settings (shadows and such) it should be no problem for sure.

Deleted
    Can probably start adding new IvyBridge i3's

Core i3-3220 ~$120

Comparison: i3-2130 ||| i3-3225

Edit: Well the i3-3225 is more expensive but they had no comparison for the 3220 but either way you get the idea.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-09-09 at 06:40 AM.

Hey guys, I had a quick question about putting a pc together on a VERY limited budget ($300 or so). My wife had been using a 2007 macbook pro and it just died last week. As we are expecting a newborn in 2 months, we don't have the money to really go all out on a nice rig. I've been using Marest's extreme budget gaming 400 build with a couple small adjustments.

Firstly, I am able to get a geforce 9800 gt for about $40, as well as a different case (Black Broadway 101pa - SECC) which comes with a 500w PSU for slightly cheaper. Is there any reason why I should NOT go with those? Remember, I still need to get a monitor and OS for her as well.

Secondly, I've taken apart and upgraded my share of pc's but i've never built one from scratch. I was under the impression that a cpu cooler was needed, but is that just for higher-end machines? Will the fan from the PSU and video card be enough?

Thirdly, any other suggestions for me would be great. We don't need a beast of a machine right now. I'd be happy getting her something that can make MoP look decent without too much stuttering. We don't need to play it on Ultra or anything. My wife had JUST started getting excited for MOP and her laptop dies. pff. Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the work you have already done!
    Last edited by jaeger109; 2012-09-10 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    Is that how you define a "quick question" (might be easier to open a thread/topic of your own)

The case is decent at best and the Power Supply that comes with it is awful. The 9800 GT is old but at $40 I guess it's hard to compete. Asus 6770 could be an option.

The CPU will come with a stock fan (easy to mount) so no worries there.

I really can't recommend you anything below the 400 build in this thread. I guess the 300 would work but you'd be very limited in the game.

Deleted
    Sample builds updated. In short:
    • Workstation sample builds scrapped. There's was just too little interest.
    • Ivy Bridge budget CPUs added on the list. Pentium G2120 is the new "go-to" gaming CPU for budget builders, unless below ~$300 where AMD's HSA solutions still hold their ground.
    • With the GTX 460 more or less gone we see AMD totally owning the sub ~$250 market. The GTX 650 is a let down; the 7770 is the better choice.
    • The newly introduced GTX 660 is interesting around the $250 mark, as is the GTX 660 Ti around $300. Don't forget about the Radeon 7850, 7870 and 7950 though.

An update to the peripherals suggestions will come when I have time.