Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You know there are exceptions, they're rarely in stock anymore but yeah if you can find them great.

Deleted
    Could anyone comment on the following build?

CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K Boxed € 197,50
    Mobo:ASRock Z77 Pro3 € 78,95
    GPU:Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD € 189,60
    Heatsink:Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo € 17,50
    Memory:Corsair Value Select CMV8GX3M2A1600C11 € 43,95
    PowerSeasonic S12II-Bronze 430W € 52,-
    SSD:Kingston SSDNow V Series V300 120GB € 78,90
    DVD:LG GH24NS90 Zwart € 16,30
    Case:BitFenix Shinobi € 53,30

List
    Total € 728,-

This build is based on the Gaming 990 setup, but I cheaped a bit on the GPU (cheapest GTX 660 I can find) and cooling. My goals for this build are that it will allow me to raid 25 man with 60 fps (maybe while Frapsing?), and that it will sustain me gaming-wise for the next 2.5 years, but I'm ok with not maxing out settings as my rig gets older. I chose an SSD as my only harddrive because I never use a lot of space, so most harddrives are too big for me.

I wonder if I should choose this build, which should last 2.5 years, or go for something cheaper that allows me to max WoW fps and build something new in 1.5 years.

Current setup:
    i7 860
    Radeon HD 5800

Deleted
    To quote the original post:
    A suggestion is to take a pre-made build here, research the components, do some edits and then make a thread asking for assistance so that the more knowledgeable members here can aid you with your planned purchase and make sure you get the best possible components and performance for your money.
    In short: make your own thread and we will gladly help you.

If you are getting that motherboard you can save 15-20 on the CPU by getting the 3570 (non-K) as you won't be able to overclock it anyway.

You have a decent CPU and GPU as it is, have you tried over-clocking the processor (something like 3.5-3.6 would be a respectable OC)? That would be a decently big FPS upgrade for the price of a heatsink.

This thread isn't meant for questions pertaining to individual builds, you'd get more visibility creating a new thread of your own in this sub-forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would the 388 build play gw2 on low?

Any good alternative for the gpu in 1700 build instead of MSI 7970 lightning for wow in 1080 resolution?

Sidequestion: What you think is the best for wow gpu at the 400 euros range (380-430) at said resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Any good alternative for the gpu in 1700 build instead of MSI 7970 lightning for wow in 1080 resolution?
    GTX 660ti or 670. GTX 680 isn't worth the price premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    GTX 660ti or 670. GTX 680 isn't worth the price premium.
    Thanks for answer. Thing is that I found out that the best overall based on reviews 670 is the Asus one that I can find it for 442 euros where I live, when for 50 euros more I can get a gigabyte 680. Do you think it is worth it to go for the latter?

Deleted
    Thanks for answer. Thing is that I found out that the best overall based on reviews 670 is the Asus one that I can find it for 442 euros where I live, when for 50 euros more I can get a gigabyte 680. Do you think it is worth it to go for the latter?
    That's a 11% price premium for a 5% performance increase overall. Not worth it.

thanks for answer. Thing is that i found out that the best overall based on reviews 670 is the asus one that i can find it for 442 euros where i live, when for 50 euros more i can get a gigabyte 680. Do you think it is worth it to go for the latter?
    hd7870 ?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    hd7870 ?
    7870 xt sapphire for 247 euros. But correct me if I am wrong, the majority of the public opinion tends to favor NVIDIA for wow.

7870 xt sapphire for 247 euros. But correct me if I am wrong, the majority of the public opinion tends to favor NVIDIA for wow.
    The difference is barely outside the margin of error. But, just like people that freak out about their class being 1% behind something else in a synthetic benchmark, they see a minor difference between an AMD gpu and an nVidia GPU and say "OMG AMD SUCKS!"

My 7950 handles WoW perfectly well (and given the price I paid for it last year, it damn well should). A 7870 XT is about the same, performance wise.

For WoW alone? Possibly. For games in general? They'd be wrong.

Deleted
    Looking at the $570 build, would you replace that card with either the 7790 or the GTX650 Ti BOOST? Both offer similar performance for a similar price.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Looking at the $570 build, would you replace that card with either the 7790 or the GTX650 Ti BOOST? Both offer similar performance for a similar price.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N..._Boost/27.html

GTX 650 Ti Boost looks to be a much better card although slightly more expensive.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Hey guys (and girls!). First off, this thread has been really helpfull in getting me to decide what parts to get for my new pc, so thanks for that But, here's the real problem: I live in Belgium, and none of the component providers here offer anything near the rates I find on Newegg, for example. Do you guys recommend any website where I can order parts + ship them over here? Looking forward to your replies!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manicorn View Post
    Hey guys (and girls!). First off, this thread has been really helpfull in getting me to decide what parts to get for my new pc, so thanks for that But, here's the real problem: I live in Belgium, and none of the component providers here offer anything near the rates I find on Newegg, for example. Do you guys recommend any website where I can order parts + ship them over here? Looking forward to your replies!
    Use Pc Part Picker, and order from Germany? Or is that out of the question?

alternate.nl, mindfactory.de

And you really should post this in a different thread, this one is just for discussing which parts should be included in each sample build.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies, and sorry for posting in this thread, I'll go look for another one to post my questions in, cheers!

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for posting in this thread, I'll go look for another one to post my questions in, cheers!
    You could always make your own thread