Poll: Would you be angry?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Whos point of view am I looking at this situation through? If I was the raid leader, I would be mad but that's only because the kind of person would not realize that what they have done is wrong and moronic. If I was one of the raid members then I wouldn't really care. Meh, go outside, watch a movie, play guitar or chill with a friend. FYI gears of war 3 came out, if you've got an xbox then you should get it

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    so I have to wonder why you are posing it to mmo-champion.
    I wanted to be like all other people

Very childish behavior, everyone who raids with me is responsible for their actions inside and outside the raid, the raid leader should be even moreso. Yes, you can be mad about it, and even take action depending on the level of raiding you are at.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine to be angry, the kid hurt everyone else in his guild through lack of self control, and that's pretty pathetic for anyone... much less an officer. It's what you do after you get angry that defines if you're any better than him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion71483 View Post
    Whos point of view am I looking at this situation through? If I was the raid leader, I would be mad but that's only because the kind of person would not realize that what they have done is wrong and moronic. If I was one of the raid members then I wouldn't really care. Meh, go outside, watch a movie, play guitar or chill with a friend. FYI gears of war 3 came out, if you've got an xbox then you should get it
    You're looking at a raidmembers PoV, the guildmaster's like "We'll get another person", since the raidleader's a friend of his

Also, I cant find my Xbox controller :'(
    Last edited by Korie; 2011-09-27 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    What does the fact that he is a delicious cream filled pastry have to do with anything?
    A doughnut threatened someone's life. I'd say that's pertinent in any situation.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
    Indeed /nods and points to avatar

He's obviously a moron. Call him out in /g and gquit, no offence but if someone who thinks it's cool to threaten someone with their life is a raidleader / officer then I'd GTFO fast.

You have a right as a living being to be mad at other living beings being stupid in ways that impact you.

He was stupid, and it obviously has impacted you. I wouldn't' suggest going off in guild chat about it though, if you are still a recruit to the guild it probably isn't yet your place to start, or heavily partake, of such conversations.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    He sowed what he reaped. I'd personally speak with the guild leader about removing him from officer rank if that's the sort of behavior he espouses.
    Yeah you hit it on the head. Officers and members of a guild are examples of the guild. He is being a bad example, time to remove the bad apple from the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah you hit it on the head. Officers and members of a guild are examples of the guild. He is being a bad example, time to remove the bad apple from the bunch.
    Very true, but sadly the guildmaster and him are pretty good friends, so there's no chance he would get kicked... :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I warned him in /s /g and /w to stop, but like most bigheaded kids he didnt listen(+ he was danish... and everyone knows danes never listen)
    Lol, wtf have danish ppl done to you? I'm a 15 year old danish kid, i have been raiding since 2009 and I always listen to the raid leader, so stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    Lol, wtf have danish ppl done to you? I'm a 15 year old danish kid, i have been raiding since 2009 and I always listen to the raid leader, so stfu
    I'm danish aswell mate, but I do confess that most danes dont listen to people and tend to rage when they're asked to change

Honestly I wouldn't care. Even if he was a tank or healer unless he was causing past troubles and that just happened to be the tiny straw that broke the camel's back. Maybe because I understand the WoW player base and know that someone is either going to be stupid and do something... well... stupid, whether that makes you the person telling someone to GTFO and Die or the person pestering someone to the point that they freak out and yell at you and threaten to kill you.

Whatever and No seem like they're pretty much the same thing too.
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

Of course you are allowed to be angry. It's what you do with that anger that defines you. Starting a poll on mmo-champion to justify your anger is kind of lame......imho.

Personally, I'm about solutions. Just get someone else to raid lead. If no one in your guild is willing to step up, then maybe you should consider stepping up. If you don't have enough people to fill the raid - PuG a spot or 2. Don't ever let 1 person spoil your raid by not being there.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd say that you are allowed to be mad at him. Though, for the sake of the final approval of your application, I would not do so publicly.

I warned him in /s /g and /w to stop, but like most bigheaded kids he didnt listen(+ he was danish... and everyone knows danes never listen)
    LOL, I'm offended, I'm danish and proud of being weird, it's a national treasure ya'know!

I'm danish aswell mate, but I do confess that most danes dont listen to people and tend to rage when they're asked to change
    So ... You got this information from the Improv Yellow Legal Pad Association, hmm?
    <--- Dane by the way, and yes I take offense from that silly assumption.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    About an hour ago me and my guild were going for the last raid of the week, I am currently trial ranked(but been with them for two progression kills), an officer(raidleader) who is pretty young decided to threaten someone with his life, he recived a 3hours ban and is not able to show up for the raid tonight, since we're a pretty new guild we don't have alot of members and we need him, would you guys be mad at him?
    Hello,

Basically if this person is a adult or teen or whatever doesn't really matter. If i were an officer or guild leader this person would be promptly removed. I wouldn't want to have anyone such person or be associated with such scum in my guild. I would be little upset to the fact that they did something so stupid and basically put everything at stand still, that is where if I were guild leader or whatever, i would look to find a pug. IF they say deal with it, I would find me a new raiding guild or something. Not worth wasting your time with that one if that is how they think.

gl

Quote Originally Posted by ClayMayhem View Post
    So ... You got this information from the Improv Yellow Legal Pad Association, hmm?
    <--- Dane by the way, and yes I take offense from that silly assumption.
    Notice that these assuptions are from my own raids and guilds, I am very sorry if I offend any dane out there.

And he was supposed to lead ur raids? Nice guild you have there :P

Honestly I wouldn't be mad at the kid , I`d be mat at myself for letting him be my raid leader.