Poll: Would you be angry?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Pretty foolish, getting mad over somebody for missing a raid, sad, sad people have their own lives they get in trouble outside of the game or banned from it, be mad at them all you want, I just think that is foolish. I doubt you guys are the world first crowd, so when you think about playing the game people like to enjoy video games, not find unpaid work and obligations in them.

If he is a liability kick him, if you need more people, find them, let the dude know as well he will have is spot lost or competed for a new person.
    Last edited by jayremy; 2011-09-27 at 06:51 PM.

lol for trolling the guy who got banned to he said something back to get banned really.

I wouldn't be angry just laugh about it and praise the guy for being an awesome troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    About an hour ago me and my guild were going for the last raid of the week, I am currently trial ranked(but been with them for two progression kills), an officer(raidleader) who is pretty young decided to threaten someone with his life, he recived a 3hours ban and is not able to show up for the raid tonight, since we're a pretty new guild we dont have alot of members and we need him, would you guys be mad at him?

..threaten someone with his life, he recived a 3hours ban...

3hours? What exactly does it take for a permaban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Would I be mad at him? No.

Would I laugh at his stupidity? Yes.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Don't let small kids lead anything! it will end badly most of the time
    That comment combined with your avatar made me do a double take

OT: Yeah you should be mad, Raidleader should have known better
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, petition for a kick.
    Raiders should be mature enough not to waste everybodys time. Unfortunatly I believe that most players are under 18 so. GG

RONG WHIT DOG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is someone with that kind of mentality an officer in a guild? Or why are you in a guild with officers like that even? I'd be out of there.

Ehmm, he receive a 3 hour ban and you cant raid that night.
    Go do something else that night then? I heard watching a movie with friends, visiting friends, or even just watching some soap opera is great stuff.
    Why be angry? In this situation, it is just overuse of a feeling, negative emotions should be used as little as possible imho.

Deleted
    I feel offended by the Discrimination Off my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you are an officer, GM or RL you are a reflection of that guild weather you want to be or not. I would be angry and personally if I was the GM and my RL was banned for 3 hours for such behavior that reflects poorly on the guild I wouldn't be so lenient in his punishment as the Game Master who banned him. If I am a Gleader and I give you officer, co-GM, or RL rank I am trusting in that person to represent the guild appropriately. If they break that trust then clearly I have misplaced my opinion and have misjudged the fit of that person in my guild.

Then again that's my opinion from being a GM/Raid Leader for 3 years before moving into a normal role in a new guild.

I'm danish aswell mate, but I do confess that most danes dont listen to people and tend to rage when they're asked to change
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    Lol, wtf have danish ppl done to you? I'm a 15 year old danish kid, i have been raiding since 2009 and I always listen to the raid leader, so stfu
    I gotta agree with Cathias, danes (especially in videogames) tend to not listen to what people say to them/not do what they're told more often than most others I've raided with. And then theres the (often true) stereotype about Scaninavian kids/teenagers in shooters(say, CS:S) accusing everybody of cheating because they're bad. In WoW this is more commonly seen in the form of "its just a game lol".
    I'm kinda danish as well, I listen to raidleaders, am more than willing to change. Too willing, according to some of my in-game friends/raidleaders. I play whichever of my characters/specs the raid needs, not the one I prefer(not so much now, but in early Cata I played resto/feral druid, prot/ret pally(was going to get a holy set as well) and frost/blood DK. Now its mostly my mage, and mostly arcane and sometimes frost). This is all because I actually care about being the best I can, unlike a lot of people who just want to log on and play, and not care so much about their performance(which is totally okay, just don't do it if you wanna raid with me, because I'll happily point out that you're underperforming).

This is not meant to offend anyone, its just my observations. There are good danes out there, but the majority of the ones I've played with haven't been great. In my experience, its just you're either quite horrible, or amazing, I haven't met any danes that are kinda "in-between" so far.

(@Yonas, your kinda inappropriate name and the way you end your sentence don't make danes look better, just saying)

Anyway, thats very offtopic.
    OT: I'd be angry, really. If you sign up for a raid, you are going to show up, thats the way I see it.(if you get run over by a car you might be excused) If you're the raidleader, which is a position that should be treated pretty seriously, you shouldn't go around making the guild look bad by threatening people outside of the guild. I have way too much experience with people not showing up to have any understanding for it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoz View Post
    ..threaten someone with his life, he recived a 3hours ban...

3hours? What exactly does it take for a permaban?
    Actually DO what you say you're gonna do, I guess.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-09-27 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    He sowed what he reaped. I'd personally speak with the guild leader about removing him from officer rank if that's the sort of behavior he espouses.
    you sow first, then reap. cause and result.

Well, danish or what ever kids are kids all around the world, they tend to freak out by such small things will all their inner rage, since him and the GM are friends will be hard to get to reason whit GM cause youre the stranger there, so, you have couple choices here, or you stay in guild, or leave to progress into the game, since you already made some progress runs i wold stick into the guild, gear up my character, then apply to a more serious guild whit a character well geared and leave whidout hostilities.

Pricks can work both ways, they raid cause they have you to fill a spot and you gear up whit their help, one hand washes the other at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by konishiwa View Post
    Well, danish or what ever kids are kids all around the world, they tend to freak out by such small things will all their inner rage, since him and the GM are friends will be hard to get to reason whit GM cause youre the stranger there, so, you have couple choices here, or you stay in guild, or leave to progress into the game, since you already made some progress runs i wold stick into the guild, gear up my character, then apply to a more serious guild whit a character well geared and leave whidout hostilities.

Pricks can work both ways, they raid cause they have you to fill a spot and you gear up whit their help, one hand washes the other at the end.
    The only reason I'm in this guild is because my current realm is very language dominated, not alot of english guilds out there

Damn, read that wrong. Thought that it said should I be mad at Blizzard, to which I answered no.
    But yeah, you should be very mad at him. It is stupid how you get a 12-24 hour ban for spamming, and a 3 hour ban for threatening somebody's life.

more people should play on Zuluhed. i've gotten away with saying the lowest, most disgraceful comments ever in that trade chat. it's fantastic =)

Edit: nvm guess this is an EU problem.
    Last edited by chaostorch; 2011-09-27 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't even waste my personal time being in a guild with an officer like that. I play to have fun, not to put up with immature jerks.

Very true, but sadly the guildmaster and him are pretty good friends, so there's no chance he would get kicked... :s
    /gquit... otherwise just except he's always going to be an ass and a disgrace to his guild.