Poll: Would you be angry?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Am I allowed to be angry?

About an hour ago me and my guild were going for the last raid of the week, I am currently trial ranked(but been with them for two progression kills), an officer(raidleader) who is pretty young decided to threaten someone with his life, he recived a 3hours ban and is not able to show up for the raid tonight, since we're a pretty new guild we dont have alot of members and we need him, would you guys be mad at him?

why would you threaten someone with his life? O.o... Yes... Yes i would be mad at that person for 3 reasons. Not being there for the raid, threaten someone, and for being stupid enough to not think it could have had consequences
    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. He's a raid leader, and should behave in a way that acknowledges the responsibilites he has to the guild. He obviously didn't behave that way, and therefore let down a whole raid's worth of people who were kinda counting on him. IMO he should prolly be demoted or even kicked.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    i wouldn't be angry, just dissapointed... He shouldn't be doing that!

Also: the GM should've someone else besides that one tbh

Deleted
    Well, kinda stupid to threaten someone with their life, it's his own fault.. so yeah, talk to him and tell him to calm himself down, if he's too young to keep a level head in a game like this then he shouldn't be in a position of power within a guild.

Deleted
    Why would u be mad ? funniest reason to get permabanned

I warned him in /s /g and /w to stop, but like most bigheaded kids he didnt listen(+ he was danish... and everyone knows danes never listen)

Deleted
    Don't let small kids lead anything! it will end badly most of the time

Deleted
    I would be annoyed at an officer screwing a raid over because they couldn't control themselves, yes. One thing if you can't make it for a genuine reason, breaking the rules and getting banned is not a good reason in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be in a guild where officers/raid leaders did that sort of thing, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I warned him in /s /g and /w to stop, but like most bigheaded kids he didnt listen(+ he was danish... and everyone knows danes never listen)
    What does the fact that he is a delicious cream filled pastry have to do with anything?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Don't let small kids lead anything! it will end badly most of the time
    I know that, but sadly he's befrieded with the guildmaster, so he wont recieve a guildkick nor a demote... if I was leading this guild I would've kicked him after not listening to my warnings

I read the "Threatens someones life" and I think of the Dane Cook bit about cutting. Lets Tarantino this shit!

OT: I think some executive decisions need to be made regarding this kids place in the guild.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    What the fuck is that for a fact you got there?

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tala1the5cyborg View Post
    why would you threaten someone with his life? O.o... Yes... Yes i would be mad at that person for 3 reasons. Not being there for the raid, threaten someone, and for being stupid enough to not think it could have had consequences
    I LOVE your signature.

OT: I agree with all those reasons.

The answer to your question seems kind of obvious, so I have to wonder why you are posing it to mmo-champion. Did someone give you a hard time for being angry about it? What else are you getting at?

Of course it's fine to be angry, but you still have to be careful what you do about it. If you rage at him and your guild disagrees with you, it doesn't matter that it's unfair, they can still boot you for it.

If you are in a guild with a douchbag officer that threatened someone's life... GTFO!

Seriously, it's not someplace you really want to be. If the kid can't control what he says what's to stop him from screaming at raid members every time they make even a small mistake or just kicking people out of the raid / guild because they said / did something he didn't agree with.

getting angry over a game?

you have 3 choices

gquit

wait for the 3 days to finish - firelands will still be waiting

or voice your opposition to this raid leader in open guild chat.

Of course. Ignoring the fact immature stuff like that has on guilds reputation, he personally ruined the raid night for everyone else because of his immaturity, I know I'd be pretty pissed at someone for doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    He sowed what he reaped. I'd personally speak with the guild leader about removing him from officer rank if that's the sort of behavior he espouses.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!