Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    My entire post was directed at mesmers. Also, the Assassin does not have to return because the thief covers every major aspect of it and even has the same skill names.

Also @Smrund.

I'm just stating the facts. I'm not debating whether or not it will be the same as the GW1 Mesmer, I'm just reiterating what Guild Wars 2 developers have said. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with them.
    Lol I know I was just stating more facts that helps support why it'd be Mesmer

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm a political scientist.

When someone starts a sentence with:
    "I'm just stating the facts..." or
    "I'm not debating..." or
    "I'm just reiterating...."

Then they're doing exactly none of those things, and saying "take it up with the Devs" is an argument to authority and a logical fallacy.

I don't really mind that you think it's going to be the Mesmer. I don't really care that you're pretty damn sure it's gonna be the Mesmer. What bothers me is the smug self-righteous attitude you take to everyone who even hints at disagreeing.
    Wow, someone thinks that people lie a lot...

But either way, the devs have pretty much told us "it's going to be Mesmer" if it's not I'm pretty sure there will be a huge uproar.
    However, I doubt it'll be the same mes as it was in GW1 I have a feeling they'll mix some rit elements into it and make their whole summoning spirits into a more conjuring illusion sort of thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

What I do know is it's gonna be a spellcaster class most likely. I don't want mesmer. Sure, take some inspiration from it, but I want something new. A mix of shapeshifting/mesmer? Sounds cool to me. Some kind of jester magician who can shapeshift into large demonic puppets or something
    Though I don't think this is likely, but one can wish. Mesmer with another name (Illusionist?) and some differences seems likely (Like assassin > thief). A nature type class should be added too. Maybe in an exp, I dunno
    Last edited by Shriekbat; 2011-11-10 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm a political scientist.

When someone starts a sentence with:
    "I'm just stating the facts..." or
    "I'm not debating..." or
    "I'm just reiterating...."

Then they're doing exactly none of those things, and saying "take it up with the Devs" is an argument to authority and a logical fallacy.

I don't really mind that you think it's going to be the Mesmer. I don't really care that you're pretty damn sure it's gonna be the Mesmer. What bothers me is the smug self-righteous attitude you take to everyone who even hints at disagreeing.
    That may be how it works with political statements, but I'm not a politician. What I said stands and has been argued ad nauseum. When people say that they "think its going to be a druid/ rit/ derv, etc.," I point out why it wont based on what the developers have said.

You're not the only one that gets bothered by other people.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-10 at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I hit 12 points in the Hall of Monuments last night, unlocking:

"Baroque Mask - an elegant harlequin mask."

Pretty cool if I ever decide to roll a *REDACTED!!!*.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekbat View Post
    What I do know is it's gonna be a spellcaster class most likely. I don't want mesmer. Sure, take some inspiration from it, but I want something new. A mix of shapeshifting/mesmer? Sounds cool to me. Some kind of jester magician who can shapeshift into large demonic puppets or something
    Though I don't think this is likely, but one can wish. Mesmer with another name (Illusionist?) and some differences seems likely (Like assassin > thief). A nature type class should be added too. Maybe in an exp, I dunno
    Lol man the nature class is ranger, trust me, I came to gw1 from wow ad was bummed by the lack of Druids, but ranger fits pretty snugly in that void, and the norn as a race are shapeshifters, so if you want shapeshifter look at them, they'll get 4 facials that'll let then take on the form of a bear, raven, snow leapard, or wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    they'll get 4 facials
    i lol'ed pretty good
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass