Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests

Guess the last profession (class)

So basicly so far we've got 7 and I think the last one will be a priest-like class :P Taking the profession info from the official site plus closest comparison to wow.

Engineer
    Masters of mechanical mayhem, engineers tinker with explosives, gadgets, elixirs, and all manner of deployable devices. They can take control of an area by placing turrets, support their allies with alchemic weaponry, or lay waste to foes with a wide array of mines, bombs, and grenades.
    None

Theif
    A master of stealth and surprise, the thief is deadly in single combat—particularly when catching enemies off guard. Thieves compensate for their relatively low armor and health by being quick and evasive. They can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Enemies should watch their backs, or the thief will watch it for them.
    Rogue

Guardian
    The guardian is a devoted fighter who calls upon powerful virtues to smite enemies and protect allies. As dangerous with a staff as he is with a mighty two-handed hammer, a true guardian is a master tactician who knows when to sacrifice his own defenses to empower his allies to achieve victory.
    Paladin

Necromancer
    A necromancer is a practitioner of the dark arts who summons the dead, wields the power of lost souls, and literally sucks the lifeblood of the enemy. A necromancer feeds on life force, which he can use to bring allies back from the brink or cheat death itself.
    Warlock

Ranger
    The ranger is a jack-of-all-trades and a master of them all as well, relying on his keen eye, steady hand, or the power of nature itself. A master of ranged combat, the ranger is capable of striking unwitting foes from a distance with his bow. With a stable of pets at his command, a ranger can adapt to his opponents' strengths and weaknesses.
    Hunter

Warrior
    The warrior is a master of weapons who relies on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. A warrior can shrug off blow after blow to stay in the fight, all the while building up adrenaline to fuel his offense.
    Warrior

Elementalist
    The elementalist channels natural forces of destruction, making fire, air, earth, and water do her bidding. What the elementalist lacks in physical toughness, she makes up for in her ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack, dropping foes from a distance before they can become a threat. Yet, despite her incredible offensive potential, versatility is what makes the elementalist truly formidable.
    Mage/Shaman
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2011-09-27 at 11:06 PM.

I'd say that Ele is more like a shaman. "Fire, air, earth, and water..."

Hasn't it been been guessed to pretty much be Mesmer? I thought they even hinted it being a class that is already in GW1

Mesmer would be kick ass

Mesmer

no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    Hasn't it been been guessed to pretty much be Mesmer? I thought they even hinted it being a class that is already in GW1

Mesmer would be kick ass
    They stated it is a returning proff and it will be a cloth user. The only possible last prof is Mesmer which could be related to a shadow priest I suppose.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They stated it is a returning proff and it will be a cloth user. The only possible last prof is Mesmer which could be related to a shadow priest I suppose.
    The only real question is how much will the mesmer change from the first game. With energy gone (energy denial was a huge part of the mesmer profession) and interrupts pretty much gone, the focus of the profession will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treesuss View Post
    I'd say that Ele is more like a shaman. "Fire, air, earth, and water..."
    Watching gameplay footage of Elementalist I'd say it's still more of a mage :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer. It's going to be mesmer. If you think anything else I'll have to forcibly introduce my brass knuckles that spell out "WRONG" to your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say an Elementalist could easily be likened to both Shaman and Mage from WoW.

As far as the Eighth profession...it'll be Illusionist! Like a Mesmer but with 20% less purple!

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Watching gameplay footage of Elementalist I'd say it's still more of a mage :P
    I would call it a combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    As far as the Eighth profession...it'll be Illusionist! Like a Mesmer but with 20% less purple!
    Fuck that, 20% More purple!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    I'd say an Elementalist could easily be likened to both Shaman and Mage from WoW.

Can we live without purple after playing WoW for 6 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Swashbuckler, because I said so.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Mesmer, loved the playstyle of it in GW1. I am seriously wondering how they will have it filled in though, as someone said some key gameplay features have changed. Mesmers fit in idealy with the whole balanced classes all with a bit of everything though, Mesmers were always good at multi-tasking.

Deleted
    Hoping for dishwasher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer. Only thing left, be it the same, or a different name or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of a Mesmer before, sounds like fun :P

Yeah, it's pretty much been confirmed as a mesmer. The most unique class I've every played in an MMORPG. I hope they don't gut it, and I hope it retains some of its soul from GW1. If they renamed it an Illusionist, that would be cool too! :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 04:09 PM ----------

Elementalist is probably more like a shaman I think. Earth, Air, Water, Fire. Elementalists can heal too like shamans, but mages can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer. I don't know what it is, but it will be a Mesmer [:>B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Hoping for dishwasher.
    hoping too, i will need 1 when the game gets released, and a cook, and someone to yearn money....