Thread: Loot system

Loot system

There was a discussion about DKP hoarding in which the system used in TOR was mentioned as a solution to the "DKP hoarding" issue. I asked for more info on that system and was promptly directed here and so here I am

Can anyone explain in detail the "Boss drops a bag for each player that has their loot in it" system, especially relating to whether you can have an item drop more than once for any individual player and whether the items are tradable amongst those present at the kill?

Would love any information people can offer

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read, it's a loot bag that drops off Normal mode Raid/Operations per boss kill per toon. I believe it is BOP. Again, NDA is still up so it's all "we hear", "I think". Also, no one knows if Heroic mode has loot or bag drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly the system they're talking about is that after downing a raid boss, everyone gets a sack-o-lootz, much like in the way people recieve a loot bag from downing WoW holiday bosses. Included in it are either personally useful armor items(ie: it's the right type and stats for your AC), or mods, currency, or tokens. As far as they've said there's no loot dropping from the boss itsself.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Im not entirely sure but i think maybe the bag would drop tokens ala Warhammer Online, which could be then used to purchase specific end game gear. Instead of waiting for a certain item to drop from a certain boss ala WoW

From what has been pieced together from various dev posts, tweets, and side-talk it works like this:

Normal mode, everyone gets a bag, the bag either has armor, a mod, or currency used to purchase armor and mods.

Heroic mode, standard loot system. Boss drops X items to be distributed between the raid.

This is for raids only, flashpoints have the classic loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    From what has been pieced together from various dev posts, tweets, and side-talk it works like this:

Normal mode, everyone gets a bag, the bag either has armor, a mod, or currency used to purchase armor and mods.

Heroic mode, standard loot system. Boss drops X items to be distributed between the raid.

This is for raids only, flashpoints have the classic loot system.
    Nothing is set in stone yet. They've been pretty clear about this being an evolving system.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Nothing is set in stone yet. They've been pretty clear about this being an evolving system.
    Yes, but this is what we have from the given information. It's a likely iteration, especially given their stance that normal Operations should be easily accessible.

As others have said, they are still in testing so this could change. Their responses to the loot bag questions, however, have suggested they are pretty secure in their normal mode drops loot bag decision. However, they have indicated that they are very much up in the air about what will happen for hard modes and the alluded to third difficulty option. No concrete details have really been given about whether items in the bag will be BOP, at least none that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    There was a discussion about DKP hoarding in which the system used in TOR was mentioned as a solution to the "DKP hoarding" issue. I asked for more info on that system and was promptly directed here and so here I am

Can anyone explain in detail the "Boss drops a bag for each player that has their loot in it" system, especially relating to whether you can have an item drop more than once for any individual player and whether the items are tradable amongst those present at the kill?

Would love any information people can offer
    Much of that information isn't known to us yet. What we do know is that on the NORMAL MODE of an Operations boss, everyone on the raid will get a loot bag with an AC-specific piece of gear. The hard modes will function with dropped loot as normal. This system is implemented not so much to stop DKP hording, but rather to speed and streamline the process of easy-mode raiding to get players up to the harder difficulties without months of gear grinding.