Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTape View Post
    Well they said "an average playthrough" so I'd guess average would be you don't take in every detail like it's the last game you'll ever play, but you don't skip dialogue and pass up side quests either.
    First time i played through Kotor I 50hours, nowadays around 12-15hours

  2. #42
    I think peoplewllo through slow and enjoy the game at first if they are coming from WoW. It has been awhile since I have sat through and enjoyed a good story in a game and I plan to enjoy this one.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 03:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeerid View Post
    I would say it's definitely immersive. The story line that I was playing last build and the one I'm playing this build have just drawn me in and I can't wait to find out what happens next. Landscapes and scenery have just been awesome to look at. The game itself is good. Quests are enjoyable, dialogue is well done and pretty funny at times, pvp is a lot of fun. I've just been having a really enjoyable experience with it.
    That is sounding awesome Zeerid. I simply cannot wait for a Beta invite or the actual game to experience it! I haven't been this excited about a game in a very long time. It is good to know that quests are enjoyable again.

  3. #43
    WHY in such a rush to get to max lvl. If you do that, you will be missing core expects of the game. Take your time and enjoy lvling. Trust me when I say that you will learn more in the process.


  4. #44
    Why not? The only reason people give for not leveling fast if that you will miss the story. Where is the story going? Did Bioware say after a certain amount of time they will remove the leveling experience? I just don't understand why people feel the need to go out of their way and tell people how they should play the game. This thread was asking how long would it take someone to hit max level. It wasn't asking how do you think I should level. The story isn't going anywhere people. If I decide i want to speed level my first toon the story will still be there when I level my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th alts.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay View Post
    Why not? The only reason people give for not leveling fast if that you will miss the story. Where is the story going? Did Bioware say after a certain amount of time they will remove the leveling experience? I just don't understand why people feel the need to go out of their way and tell people how they should play the game. This thread was asking how long would it take someone to hit max level. It wasn't asking how do you think I should level. The story isn't going anywhere people. If I decide i want to speed level my first toon the story will still be there when I level my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th alts.
    except that the story is different for every character you roll

  6. #46
    you mean 15% of the story is different for every character you roll unless it's the opposite faction. Also you forget you would have to reroll the same class if you want a different AC.

  7. #47
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    850
    Dunno about you but I am far more interested in the game play and story than when I will finish it.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Dunno about you but I am far more interested in the game play and story than when I will finish it.
    That's you and not the OP. He is curious about it, what do your interest matter to him or his question? How does they way someone else might play effect you? So what if someone speed levels and skips the story. What is someone really wants to play both Trooper AC's? Maybe he wants to speed level his first trooper so it will still feel new for his 2nd. I don't understand for the life of me why these forums allow people to go offtopic so much. Most of these posts (including mine) have nothing to do with OP's question and are instead telling him how he should play the game.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay View Post
    That's you and not the OP. He is curious about it, what do your interest matter to him or his question? How does they way someone else might play effect you? So what if someone speed levels and skips the story. What is someone really wants to play both Trooper AC's? Maybe he wants to speed level his first trooper so it will still feel new for his 2nd. I don't understand for the life of me why these forums allow people to go offtopic so much. Most of these posts (including mine) have nothing to do with OP's question and are instead telling him how he should play the game.
    Because it'd be silly to infract people for the posts that go a wee bit off-topic. It's not really off-topic, it still pertains to leveling.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Because it'd be silly to infract people for the posts that go a wee bit off-topic. It's not really off-topic, it still pertains to leveling.
    Oh don't get me wrong i'm not saying infract and ban them or anything. It just seems anytime someone mentions that that might want to skip some of the story for whatever reason people jump all over them.

  11. #51
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    850
    I posted my opinion on the topic at hand. I did not "attack" the OP or anything like that. I just found it odd that that type of question would be asked in a STORY based MMO. if he wants to rush to the end more power to him. I also did not tell the Op how to play or what to do. I stated my opinion and that leaves the topic up for discussion. That is kind of what forums are for. So long as your not attacking or bashing each other it is called a conversation or debate. People can have different opinions and ideas, it is allowed to happen. So long as you do not convey them in a very negative manor towards other people.

  12. #52
    The story line is great, so there's no point in rushing ... just enjoy it
    I would answer the questions, after i make my second char :P

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    I posted my opinion on the topic at hand. I did not "attack" the OP or anything like that. I just found it odd that that type of question would be asked in a STORY based MMO. if he wants to rush to the end more power to him. I also did not tell the Op how to play or what to do. I stated my opinion and that leaves the topic up for discussion. That is kind of what forums are for. So long as your not attacking or bashing each other it is called a conversation or debate. People can have different opinions and ideas, it is allowed to happen. So long as you do not convey them in a very negative manor towards other people.
    No one is saying you can't have a different opinion or ideas. Not once did i say that. What happens anytime time someone asks a question like this people would rather tell them how to play their game then answer the question. I don't understand how saying stuff like "I think if you are powerlevelling you are doing it wrong" have anything to with OP's question. Anyways i'm gonna drop it, hopefully he got enough decent answers to his question, at the very least he different answer on how he should play the game.

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay View Post
    No one is saying you can't have a different opinion or ideas. Not once did i say that. What happens anytime time someone asks a question like this people would rather tell them how to play their game then answer the question. I don't understand how saying stuff like "I think if you are powerlevelling you are doing it wrong" have anything to with OP's question. Anyways i'm gonna drop it, hopefully he got enough decent answers to his question, at the very least he different answer on how he should play the game.
    Agreed, if someone wants to powerlevel in sw:tor, why not? I'll probably level my first char like that as well, so I'm ready to spam hc's when a lot of people just hit max lvl. There is no "good way" to play a game, wll, in fact, there is, play it the way you like it. If that means you want to finish super mario world without collecting a single gold coin, why not?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

  15. #55
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    The OPs question has been thoroughly answered. I think I will close this before the "This is how you should play SWTOR" argument keeps going.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •